FG TO BECOME MEMBERS ONLY CLUB!

Well that got your attention then didn't it?

0KJizop.gif

TL;DR we want £2 a month. This, in the current climate, is less than the price of a pint, or a half of loo roll. 

As most of you will know we had a bit of a thing today, nothing we couldn't handle but the end result is that we need to chip in monthly to prevent it happening again. Now in the past I've kept this shit as anonymous as possible because not everyone can afford to chip in to some of our fundraisers but come on, £2 a month. Even @crispymorgan can't say no to that.

So, this is a plea, chip in £2 a month please. I'll personally be going balls deep and more than doubling the amount to a fiver a month. (it sounds so baller when you can throw these large numbers around and still only be a fiver lol). 

Please set up a recurring payment to:

Paypal:

forevergaming.co.uk@gmail.com

Alright you bums, get on it. ktnx,

Cheers,

Diddums

PA to the Dean (Leigh Gazzagarratt)

The Internet

666 LOL 

Internetland

banlol.png

Whilst we had a hiccup and you rallied around like the amazing people you are, @Diddums message is what is most important right now and moving forward. If we all support this place a tiny bit, we can speculate to accumulate and make awesome things happen without the worry of bills to pay to keep our your FG going. ❤️

Lights Camera Action Film GIF

Don't know mate but I was able to do it through my normal bank account as you're making the payment to PayPal. I had a box to tick for recurring payments which then asked the frequency and dates. Hope this helps

How do you set up recurring payments in PayPal?

Via the FG App

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

5 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

How do you set up recurring payments in PayPal?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, have you googled it? 

Thanks to those of you who have signed up, it's very much appreciated! I'll do an audit soon and find out who's getting a silver star ❤️ 

banlol.png

7 hours ago, Diddums said:

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, have you googled it? 

I couldn't figure it out, on Google I could only come across things relating to business accounts.  Instead I've set up direct from the bank to go out on 1st of each month.  Are you able to see / check that it's set up and you'll receive it when first payment goes out?

12 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

I couldn't figure it out, on Google I could only come across things relating to business accounts.  Instead I've set up direct from the bank to go out on 1st of each month.  Are you able to see / check that it's set up and you'll receive it when first payment goes out?

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I’d appreciate confirmation when the first one lands as well please, just to make sure I’ve done everything right my end 👍

I'm sure we can check and let you know when they land. You can always DM us and let us know what day you've set them up.

Recurring payments can only be done on business accounts, however it is something we're looking into to make it easier for everyone to set up moving forward.

We'll keep you posted.

7 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

@GazzaGarratt have you checked to see if any payments came through on the 1st? From previous posts, I know me and @Plumbers Crack have it set up to go out on the 1st.

Unfortunately, i've some digging and the payments anyone setup were immediately returned. Paypal can take payments via the bank details but only if its a bank account linked to that specific PayPal account - frustrating I know. I'm just in the process of setting something else up which should make it easier. Once I have it i'll update you and Dave. It'd be good to know if anyone else had done it too - if you don't want it known please just PM me.

Thanks Lee but you need to have a word with your mate....at 10.02 on Wednesday, Didds put me on hold with the stunningly original words “Checking, please stand by! Your call is important to us” but kindly left a music link. Now, Brooklyn Bounce - Club Bizarre (Headhunterz & Noisecontrollers RMX) is ok for a while but 48 hours? 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

33 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

Dare I ask what has come of this idea?

It was decided that we are all massive members already so there was nothing to be done.

Though the thread necro has reminded me it's been a while since I donated.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

29 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

Dare I ask what has come of this idea?

You have to ignore the title - it was a joke by Didds to get people to actually get people looking at the situation of the fact we completely rely on our own money and fantastic donations from FGers to keep FG going - especially the maintenance of the website and its supporting services, the FG Feel Good Fund (FGFGF) and additional things such as creating private FG servers for all of us to play on together.

I'm always very VERY conscious on how much we ask and remind people of donations. I didn't remind people much at all over the last year (until recently lower down on an FGFGF post) on how important this is as to what stuff happens here, but clearly that was for good reason whilst we've all been likely to have been hit in lots of different ways due to this Global Pandemic no one could've ever predicted.

Always open to people seeing this more and different ways to keep it in the back of people's minds - i have been seeing if there are ways of making options open on FG somewhere to just help collect regular donations for people that have offered to donate regularly but want something just to auto do it for themselves. I think i can do that if some want it still.

The only other option that i've had on the backburner is some form of reward scheme linked to donations but its very difficult with a place like ours. People should feel like they want to donate to a family rather than 'Become a fully fledged Member only by donating'. If we keep getting donations regularly then we may never have to think of this - if not, then you could argue it has to be available in some way to keep our fun going. It can be one where some care, others don't kind of thing.

My ears are always open to you lot on your views 🤗👍

40 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

My ears are always open to you lot on your views 🤗👍

I'm in a shopping mood... and am curious on fun and awesome merchandise to get some cash flow here. This would be a bigger side project for me to outline and implement as we would want to accommodate all price ranges and purchasing capabilities... then figure out logistics.

Again, I'm just babbling... so ignore me.

8 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Possible US merch outlet to avoid horrendous shipping costs?

Yup. If I need to divide it for US vs UK/Europe, I will.

There are logistics partners for online retailers that can handle this. Or, depending on volume, I don't really care about doing it myself from our home for US side. Just depends on how this is all set up.