Thoughts So Far

tronic44

I must admit I’m enjoying this game a lot, especially now I’ve got to grips with the mechanics and warp drive.

Some servers I’ve been on have been awful but you can normally tell straight away if something is up. Have only really done deliveries, apart from one mission yesterday where Phil and I were floating round a broken ship.

The animation for getting in and out of ships is very broken, I’m a little disappointed at this part tbh. I’ve glitched into the side of my ship at point because of it. I know I know it’s an Alpha.

I pimped myself out with a new suit, now just need to save enough money for some ships. Can we share money together to buy a ship together? Is there a place you can bank your bank?

Instead of us all sharing the same missions, we should each pick up a package and complete it ourselves for maximum p’s.....p’s is now a space term.

I’ll be jumping on at some point today for some more fun.

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

There is a way to transfer money to each other, it's a little complicated but yes, can be done! Which means we can pool our money emoji847.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Excellent 😎

I should be on after the Utd game.

Like it mate. Not had as many issues as you but granted I'm sure I'll have my fair few black screens to come.

I'm interested to see what other missions there are soon too. That'll definitely gauge how much more time I'll sink into it.

Thoughts so far..

Things that bug me

Buy food and drink , stow it in your personal inventory, log out....log back in - it's gone. Same with contracts you've picked up but that is possibly understandable

Why is it so damn hard on some stations to find stowable food?

Why are there no layout maps on all these space stations with "You Are Here" notations?

Why don't these super spaceships have anti-glare windshields so you're not squinting into bright stars trying to see a pick up/drop off points?

HMDS (?) outposts - currently can't pick up or drop off at these places..leave them the hell alone!

Everything else is good so far but I'm only doing delivery missions at the moment to plump up the wedge! £££

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

There's plenty of little things like the colour of text against certain backgrounds that they need to spend some time on.
I think the lack of signage at the various ports and facilities is on purpose but they do need to look at letting you know where the ship is parked :)
New Babbage is a little laggy in areas, particularly rooftop landing pads...but in most other places I'm getting 70+ frames on ultra settings, which is great.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

and when you're aiming at a R&R station just to fuel up or eat, why haven't you got a hit box and distance notification like when your picking stuff up or dropping of? Poxy squinting at a star, trying to pick out tiny red navigation lights while flying through asteroid debris 🤬🤬

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 5/4/2020 at 6:05 PM, phil bottle said:

I think the lack of signage at the various ports and facilities is on purpose but they do need to look at letting you know where the ship is parked 🙂

That's a biggie for me. I loaded into a city in Hurlston and I had absolutely no clue where to go.

I don't usually mind not making it too clear where to go visually, but as long as theres other ways to get around such as maps you can open and work out which way to go.

I got on a train which was pretty cool to see the sights but then I was lost even further! I didnt think that was even possible 😂

That's a biggie for me. I loaded into a city in Hurlston and I had absolutely no clue where to go.

I don't usually mind not making it too clear where to go visually, but as long as theres other ways to get around such as maps you can open and work out which way to go.

I got on a train which was pretty cool to see the sights but then I was lost even further! I didnt think that was even possible [emoji23]
At the same time, they want you to explore the world they've built. Where you went is a bit tricky if you're brand new, the only solution is to stop being a noob [emoji847]
Once you've found where you need to go, there's no longer any need for signs, so I get it and I have no problem with it.
It's just the landing pads which don't tell you which one you've landed on that they need to look at.

There is a patch incoming this month for some issues and a week for ppl to try the game out for free too.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg