Coronavirus

J4MES OX4D

13 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

@Diddums 

People have given up and sick of it all.

Can't blame some of them, look at the people making the rules like  Boris, 

It's precisely because of fucking BumbleCunt Johnson that we're in the situation we are now. We were well on track to have everything opened up but that prick REFUSED to put India on the red travel list because he wanted to brag about making a trade deal with them. He let the new variant into the country and rather than trying to sort it out he's basically just said "fuck it. Do what you want because we don't care any more". I have nothing but hatred for our current government.

fart.gif

The problem of living in a society with a top down hierarchical structure is if the folk at the top don't give a fuck about the rest of society then it only works for them. Compound that with having an economic system that we serve, rather than it serving us, with the basic "greed is good" philosophy and our inability to have honest conversations about any of it, then to be honest nothing short sighted or short term selfish people do surprises me at all. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

I often wonder if people shit their pants in history over other things that are proven to help, like seatbelts. 

Probably, afterall people push back on the over zealous health and safety departments, I know we do.

Celebs and the media have been terrible through this whole thing, post one thing do the opposite, people bashing on about how restrictions should continue then sticking their smug faces up at either Wimbledon or Wembley, oh and the excuse that they are either double jabbed or passed a test rubbish. That was the criteria for being at the festival of speed I've just returned from, bare amounts of checks basically I flashed a QR code at gate staff, could have been anyone . Being there you wouldn't have known what we went through this past year and a half. Face coverings only required indoors. 

I do believe things had to be relaxed, I do believe there will be some good things, positive things that come from what's happened but having worked through it all people do need to take responsibility, I don't know why some seem to need to be told everything all the time.

33 minutes ago, techno said:

I do believe things had to be relaxed, I do believe there will be some good things, positive things that come from what's happened but having worked through it all people do need to take responsibility, I don't know why some seem to need to be told everything all the time.

^ This. ^

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

2 hours ago, techno said:

Sadly a substantial amount of the public are a bunch of disrespectful bastards without a care in the world. If they don't care about themselves then they wont about others. This was evident even under lockdown and they are part of the reason why this has prolonged. The Euro 2020 football alone has proven how disgraceful the conduct of some people are and that the authorities don't have the resources to be able to cope. People will be in party mode making up for lost time going at it on a bigger scale and more frequently. 

There's been so many protests and rule breakages from celebs or people in power that any form of caution is seemingly out of the window for many and people who do want to take it easy and be careful will probably struggle to ever get comfortable in public or do things they used to enjoy. No matter how slowly this current lifting moves,  everything will go out of the window and then half of people will be going around normal and others will be isolating themselves for protection. 

There is too much mixed messaging, too many areas in extreme risk and all control of the virus is gone. One expert saying something and another saying summat else totally contradictory doesn't help either. They may as well just open up everything now because one week isn't going to make much of a difference - if anything it's gonna be worse next week when they are due to lift restrictions. I barely saw any masks today even in my train station and a few shops so that is a taste of things to come and I'm willing to bet people still wearing masks will be made to feel alienated or regarded as paranoid.

Things should have been relaxed gradually over a period of 4 months - we may still have had issues but it's better than doing in one hit. People then wouldn't have needed to break the rules so much, there could've been more strategy for major events and the public would have been more inclined to go berserk at every possible opportunity. I fear for vulnerable people who may end up getting forced to return to normal even when it's not safe for them.  Just because the government says it's safe doesn't mean it is and that's the tragedy.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Sadly a substantial amount of the public are a bunch of disrespectful bastards without a care in the world. If they don't care about themselves then they wont about others. This was evident even under lockdown and they are part of the reason why this has prolonged. The Euro 2020 football alone has proven how disgraceful the conduct of some people are and that the authorities don't have the resources to be able to cope. People will be in party mode making up for lost time going at it on a bigger scale and more frequently. 

There's been so many protests and rule breakages from celebs or people in power that any form of caution is seemingly out of the window for many and people who do want to take it easy and be careful will probably struggle to ever get comfortable in public or do things they used to enjoy. No matter how slowly this current lifting moves,  everything will go out of the window and then half of people will be going around normal and others will be isolating themselves for protection. 

There is too much mixed messaging, too many areas in extreme risk and all control of the virus is gone. One expert saying something and another saying summat else totally contradictory doesn't help either. They may as well just open up everything now because one week isn't going to make much of a difference - if anything it's gonna be worse next week when they are due to lift restrictions. I barely saw any masks today even in my train station and a few shops so that is a taste of things to come and I'm willing to bet people still wearing masks will be made to feel alienated or regarded as paranoid.

Things should have been relaxed gradually over a period of 4 months - we may still have had issues but it's better than doing in one hit. People then wouldn't have needed to break the rules so much, there could've been more strategy for major events and the public would have been more inclined to go berserk at every possible opportunity. I fear for vulnerable people who may end up getting forced to return to normal even when it's not safe for them.  Just because the government says it's safe doesn't mean it is and that's the tragedy.

Don't you think we've opened up gradually over months? I'm pretty certain that was exactly what happened. No matter when "restrictions" ended those that broke them always have so will make very little difference, I've already seen videos posted on Instagram of parties from over the weekend because of the football should we therefore lay the blame at the feet of those who decided top level sports went ahead? The debate about why parents can't go to sports days when you see the rich at Wimbledon and the football, how does that sit with people?  We've had a great vaccine rollout probably better than what those in charge may have hoped but the longer restrictions went on the more kickback was inevitably going to happen. There has to be a time, is that time ever going to be the right time who knows. One thing that is true like you suggested it will always divide opinion. 

37 minutes ago, techno said:

Don't you think we've opened up gradually over months? I'm pretty certain that was exactly what happened. No matter when "restrictions" ended those that broke them always have so will make very little difference, I've already seen videos posted on Instagram of parties from over the weekend because of the football should we therefore lay the blame at the feet of those who decided top level sports went ahead? The debate about why parents can't go to sports days when you see the rich at Wimbledon and the football, how does that sit with people?  We've had a great vaccine rollout probably better than what those in charge may have hoped but the longer restrictions went on the more kickback was inevitably going to happen. There has to be a time, is that time ever going to be the right time who knows. One thing that is true like you suggested it will always divide opinion. 

The issue is not that sport has returned but the way in which it was implemented. Nobody is more excited to be able to return to football than me - just bought my season ticket the other day, however the way it was introduced and manged during the Euro's in the UK was reckless and horrendous in which cases could rise to the extent, club football could suffer going into the winter months. Going from 20,000 fans at Wembley (FA Cup) to 65,000 within a month when cases were rising massively is not encouraging plus the FA and government buckled into accepting UEFA's executive threat-turned blackmail. There were also less than 200 police at Wembley on Sunday and over 100,000 in the Brent vicinity. Also entertainment industries like nightclubs have been completely shafted since the pandemic began with zero talks on how to move forward safely. 

Now that we've literally given up the ghost, it will give people free reign to do what they like and they will lean towards things like the Euros and Wimbledon as an example of how relaxed things became when money and the country were at the fore. A more controlled and well-thought unlock would've been far better so we don't negate the efforts gone into the vaccine and put ourselves at greater risk of new deadlier strains.  The amount of contradictory information has not helped. Even today we've heard things like ''freedom day will remain on the 19th but possibly not much will change as it is now'' and ''masks are not required but they are required sometimes''. 

There is a great amount of contradictory info out there, maybe there is actually too much info out there? 

As I said from what I've seen you would think people have free reign to do what they like already. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

UK health secretary Sajid Jacks tests positive for Covid-19 and has mild symptoms despite being double-jabbed. 

Hardly a good advert for ‘freedom day’ on Monday! You can’t make this shit up really!

Yeah is hardly encouraging. Obviously not wearing a mask or socially distancing in appropriate manner. People are already being complacent long before now. Another case of double jab invincibility. Wonder if he went to Wimbledon? Probably.

Another 50k+ new cases on the daily. Is it actually going to be freedom on Monday? Or it going to be like when as a kid your friend had chickenpox and you were "forced" to stay over and get it.

I just feel sorry for the people who haven't had jabs or both. And even more so the people who can't handle it due to underlying medical conditions that work with the virus to cause fatalities. Either way it doesn't sound good. I myself am needing a 2nd jab, no word yet so far. Only been about 4 weeks since I got my first.

What an embarrassment 

skynews-boris-johnson-rishi-sunak_545074
NEWS.SKY.COM

Downing Street had said Mr Johnson and Mr Sunak will be taking in a pilot scheme whereby they will be tested daily and so do not have to quarantine - but that plan has now been scrapped.

Basically Johnson and Sunak tried to get out of mandatory Isolation by creating this seemingly overnight 'pilot scheme' where they didn't have to isolate for 10 days because of regular internal testing yet the normal public have to isolate for 10 days no matter what. Another example of one rule for them as and when they please and another for everyone else.

Third wave peak expected in late August and there doesn't exactly seem to be much fanfare regarding freedom day tomorrow or any concrete information regarding that either. They are basically just making up shit as they go along whereas other countries are now making moves on bringing back some restrictions and curfews.  

140,000 at Silverstone today and people being pinged so much that companies and critical local services are being forced to shut down because they don't have the staff to operate. Oh well, at least people got to watch noisy cars whiz past them in the unbearable heat after paying £385...

It's amazing how sports have suddenly become immune to Covid yet if I walk past someone who was recently in contact with someone who suspected to have covid, I have to stay insidee for 10 days.

140,000 at Silverstone today and people being pinged so much that companies and critical local services are being forced to shut down because they don't have the staff to operate. Oh well, at least people got to watch noisy cars whiz past them in the unbearable heat after paying £385...

It's amazing how sports have suddenly become immune to Covid yet if I walk past someone who was recently in contact with someone who suspected to have covid, I have to stay insidee for 10 days.

I guess you only have to do it if you actually used the app which is clearly not fit for purpose.

Would appear the vaccines are working.

20210718_212721.jpg

So let me get this straight, people can go to nightclubs with no restrictions now and for the entire month of August in which wave 3 will hit but for September, club goers will be required by law to have a double-jab vaccine passport to gain entry!?

The nightclub sector has been ignored for a year and a half and now all these knee-jerk decisions are being made. They could've easily been given 6 months to trial a gradual and controlled re-opening to at least garner some income but now they've seemingly been given 6 weeks to rake in the cash while cases rise significantly and then more business-threatening restrictions get enforced. 

Talk of football fans in venues of over 16,000 needing a vaccine passport too. Funny how nothing to this tune was mentioned about Wimbledon or Silverstone with both events having over 300,000 visitors but anyone going to Sunderland v Morecambe will have to jump through hoops to get in.  

Seems the big issue now is the so called "vaccine passport" and the plan to restrict access to certain events etc unless you are double jabbed. Also making certain jobs including premier League footballer or staff member being double jabbed compulsory. I'm curious what you guys think about this? 

Screenshot_20210722-162141_Twitter.jpg

1 hour ago, techno said:

Seems the big issue now is the so called "vaccine passport" and the plan to restrict access to certain events etc unless you are double jabbed. Also making certain jobs including premier League footballer or staff member being double jabbed compulsory. I'm curious what you guys think about this? 

Screenshot_20210722-162141_Twitter.jpg

I can understand it to a degree however it's kinda ludicrous after we were told the best part of 6 months straight that vaccine passports would not happen and were ultimately part of some wild conspiracy. It's gonna fuck a lot of football fans and sports ones in general when they aren't allowed in to a match after paying for a ticket because of their age and their place in the vaccine queue. I've already read stories about eligible people not being allowed into certain events just because they don't have a smart phone with the app on and were not instructed on how to acquire a paper-based document. This despite them being double-jabbed and having a card detailing this. 

All we can do is go along with their daily improvisations.

I can understand it to a degree however it's kinda ludicrous after we were told the best part of 6 months straight that vaccine passports would not happen and were ultimately part of some wild conspiracy. It's gonna fuck a lot of football fans and sports ones in general when they aren't allowed in to a match after paying for a ticket because of their age and their place in the vaccine queue. I've already read stories about eligible people not being allowed into certain events just because they don't have a smart phone with the app on and were not instructed on how to acquire a paper-based document. This despite them being double-jabbed and having a card detailing this. 

All we can do is go along with their daily improvisations.

I think it's more a case of people seeing it as being coerced into taking a vaccine you don't want as it seems they are not starting these schemes till everyone has had the chance to be double jabbed or at least having it being offered.

I wonder sometimes if their incompetence is staged.

Everyone banging on this week about a Christmas party from last year and a pretty scary Nationality and Borders bill was passed in Parliament and no-one seemed to notice.

I wonder who the real masters of our government are sometimes. Certainly ain't the people of this country.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It's not just the UK seems the whole world has gone fucking mental, governments and people alike. 

Fuck Corona virus, the variants and bullshit contradictory rules. This shit has split the country more than anything before it seems and the MSM, Jesus Christ they've been awful, also it's been 2 years nearly if you don't know what's the best for you by now then there is no help for you. 

If you can't tell, like many others I'm sick of this shit and sick of hearing about it constantly. The best I can do is just laugh at the stupidity of it all, the other day I saw a tik toc, a fucking tic toc portraying the quarantine camps in aus like some kind of great holiday destination 😂

Bring back climate change hell at this point bring on climate change, the zombie apocalypse anything but bloody Corona bollox.

Stay well 👍