Coronavirus

J4MES OX4D

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

So do I but that’s the way we’re controlling this thing (we’ll never actually beat it imo)...stick with it people 👍

Yep, we're at the endemic stage now but it will never truly go away so we will need to focus our attention towards prevention, off-the-shelf medication, test and trace and rapid testing for events. The big threat is any variants which may break through existing vaccines and then we'd be back to square one. Gotta be prepared this time and not be afraid to take extreme action. It's already taken far too long to put India on the red list for instance. A big positive is the huge decline in hospital admissions and deaths which means thing are working and it's manageable right now. 

On 4/23/2021 at 5:47 PM, techno said:

Yeah me too especially after they spent money jumping through hoops last summer.

It's just mind boggling. I can go to Tesco, Primark, B&Q etc and be shoulder to shoulder with multiple people but can't go sit in a restaurant for a meal or go for a pint with my dad

I had my first Pfizer jab yesterday and didn't feel a thing. Arm is a bit sore today at times but the whole thing was very easy. Great to see the vaccines being effective in preventing serious illness and reducing the numbers but this 'Indian' variant is a cause of concern as cases are shooting up. I'm not sure if restrictions will be entirely lifted on the 21st and I hope for once the government make the right call. I personally don't think they should completely but there's no reason to restrict everything to draconian levels like we've seen previous. The vocal minority will be enraged if things don't go back to normal on the 21st but the majority of people wont want us in a situation where we are having to go into lockdown-type situation in late July/August if we do press ahead with cases rising significantly now. 

But if the cases aren't transforming into deaths/hospitalisations, then there's no real need for concern? Afterall, the aim all along was to protect the NHS from being overrun 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I had my first Pfizer jab yesterday and didn't feel a thing. Arm is a bit sore today at times but the whole thing was very easy. Great to see the vaccines being effective in preventing serious illness and reducing the numbers but this 'Indian' variant is a cause of concern as cases are shooting up. I'm not sure if restrictions will be entirely lifted on the 21st and I hope for once the government make the right call. I personally don't think they should completely but there's no reason to restrict everything to draconian levels like we've seen previous. The vocal minority will be enraged if things don't go back to normal on the 21st but the majority of people wont want us in a situation where we are having to go into lockdown-type situation in late July/August if we do press ahead with cases rising significantly now. 

Congrats on your jab! @TurboR56Mini and I got our second Pfizer on 5/28. The first shot didn't really affect either of us with the exception of the sore arm, but that's common with injections if anyone actually remembers what it was like getting vaccines as a kid and their flu shots.

The second one just left us tired, but nothing more. We went to bed earlier than normal that night.

Here's hoping that the UK keeps trending lower with cases!

4 hours ago, Dan94 said:

But if the cases aren't transforming into deaths/hospitalisations, then there's no real need for concern? Afterall, the aim all along was to protect the NHS from being overrun 🤷‍♂️

The aim now is to eradicate it as much as possible and get it under total control. There are still many people in Northern areas that need to be persuaded to get their first jab plus even with some low and incredibly encouraging figures, that still wont put the UK in a green light system with many other countries who are behind. Taking a few infections overseas could have a dire knock-on effect and the potential in unknown mutant growths could turn ugly if they manage to override the anti-bodies in the existing vaccines. I'd rather play it safe for another month tops than have a setback 3 months down the before winter hits. Having it in constant circulation unless herd immunity can be proven and set in stone could be dangerous in the long run. 

11 hours ago, techno said:

There maybe trouble if restrictions continue🤷Screenshot_20210607-220807_Twitter.thumb.jpg.35bcebdcfa5ac812b4ac40dca7b64666.jpg

Screenshot_20210607-220712_Twitter.jpg

Well, in this nation of grown up children there's always rattles being thrown out of prams. I'm sure we're just one step away from blaming everything on Marxists or something other bogey man judging by social media lately 😅

Management of this virus has been a shit show from day one so I think people have a right to be angry.

But anyway, they're bringing in a law to deal with protest, clearly thinking ahead😉

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Well, in this nation of grown up children there's always rattles being thrown out of prams. I'm sure we're just one step away from blaming everything on Marxists or something other bogey man judging by social media lately 😅

Management of this virus has been a shit show from day one so I think people have a right to be angry.

But anyway, they're bringing in a law to deal with protest, clearly thinking ahead😉

Ah social media if I ever feel a little dumb that's one place that will make me feel better, id hope that the majority of people fall somewhere in the middle of the two sparring factions on any subject on social media. 

Lockdown easing delayed by 4 weeks in the UK. Annoying but it had to be done and it was scary to think we could've been back on course for 100,000 cases a day by mid-July. Hopefully this nips it in the bud once and for all and we can finally get it under control. I want everything to be back to normal as best as possible before the football season starts. India should have been red listed weeks before it was but as usual a week or two late has cost us severely going forward. 

Let's all stay positive as best as we can whatever is said. We've got so far and many things we're all doing right now is essentially next to being out doing things we once did previously. The only thing that makes me want this announcement to be unresticted as soon as possible is the thought of being able to do multiple FG meet ups with the rest of you lot.

I know this boils down to second jabs and the success rate of those so hopefully my second jab will be brought forward as my first jab was on Saturday and then my next is 3rd September.

While this announcement doesn't really affect me I feel for those it does. Buisness that had to plan to open next week now have the rug pulled from under them at the 11th hour. Also people seem to think, wrongly, it will be 4 weeks then yay were good to go, at this point I don't believe a word of it. At some point they have to give a definitive cut off point, plant the bloody goalposts in concrete.

Also what's the point of briefing dates if this shit is constantly leaked through the media.

One thing moving forward I feel is imperative is no more lockdowns. 

On 7/7/2021 at 9:42 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

So things are getting relaxed in the UK on July 19th with even face masks scrapped as a mandatory requirement however the health secretary expects there to be 100,000 cases a day come August!? 

This gamble they're taking is going to backfire massively. Come winter we will be in lock down AGAIN.

They say that we will never go into lock down again once things have opened up but that's bollocks. If hospitals are at full capacity then they have to, otherwise there will just be people dying everywhere.

The vaccine is at most 90% effective to stop people getting seriously ill. Meaning 10% of the population can still get very ill. 10% of our population is 6.7 million people.

I will still wear a mask in shops. I'm not risking catching it.

fart.gif

This virus has killed a lot of my faith in humanity. I always knew that people could be cunts, but there was always that little bit of optimism that it was a phase, a bad day, a bad mood, whatever - and that these people are actually generally nice people. But seeing what a scene people make when asked to wear a mask, social distance, or just generally respect the health and wellbeing of those around them has killed any optimism I had. I've sadly come to the realisation that a large part of our society is filled with gibbering retards who think that the slight discomfort of a mask is more important to them than the safety of those around them, regardless of any conspiracies or bullshit. If people are dying, and it might or might not be a virus, but you can help eliminate a part or all of the risk by simply wearing a mask, then fucking do it - the end. 

But nope, we won't be told, I refuse to be told by anyone what to do, the adult equivalent of "you're not the boss of me nanaaanaanaaanaaa". 

Just look at all these idiots who must absolutely go on holiday, and then whinge like little bitches because they have to quarantine when they get back. How utterly selfish are these people? 

By far my favourite however are the "I don't need to social distance or wear a mask because I've had both my jabs" - congratulations on telling the world that your education has failed you spectacularly. Please enjoy wearing the invisible "I'm an idiot" label that the less-stupid parts of society have stuck on your head. 

As someone who's worked through the whole thing, lost his job because of it, lost his gran during (note: not because) it and was unable to visit his mom and give her a hug after she just lost her mom, seeing the utter disrespect and arrogance of many people around me is fucking depressing. 

As much as it kills me to say it, I do honestly believe that this virus is doing the world a favour. It's just such a shame that so many good people are being taken along the way. 

I think I need a little ditty to cheer me up, fuck me that was depressing to write. 

banlol.png

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

This gamble they're taking is going to backfire massively. Come winter we will be in lock down AGAIN.

They say that we will never go into lock down again once things have opened up but that's bollocks. If hospitals are at full capacity then they have to, otherwise there will just be people dying everywhere.

The vaccine is at most 90% effective to stop people getting seriously ill. Meaning 10% of the population can still get very ill. 10% of our population is 6.7 million people.

I will still wear a mask in shops. I'm not risking catching it.

They've gone against science every single time for the key decisions and have failed each time and they are doing it again here.  I think they've just given up and more and more people are cutting corners. There was no way there were 60,000 at Wembley the other night - I'd estimate 75,000 and there wasn't a mask in sight anywhere in the vicinity around Wembley for instance. There is no many grey area and contradictory decisions being made with isolation requirements and quarantine that it's beyond confusing. What seems to be concrete is you can't go nightclubbing with a 30 people limit even if everyone passes a test but you can go to watch football whereby executives in suits are magically exempt from local restrictions because of blackmail essentially. 

Israel are already reporting weakening protection of Pfizer and they aren't dealing with developing strains like we are. What will probably happen is Covid will be in such high circulation, a greater strain will break the current vaccines and we'll be back to square one. Japan have already banned crowds for the Olympics at the 11th hour and their country is far more disciplined than in the UK and most of Europe. The complacency is unreal really and I'm taking no chances.    

I’m following the Government guidelines until July 19. After that I’ll be wearing a mask in shops and assessing other situations as I come across them. If I aint happy with it, I aint doing it

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

@Diddums A very well written and true post. I work in retail on a shop floor. I lost faith last year in March on the original lockdown.

Simple rules like distancing and following a one way system between aisles so people aren't making face to face contact. Folk be strolling in the aisle the wrong way, "Oh Sorry Mate Didn't know, As They Grab Their Shit"

There was fucking markings on the floor and tape everywhere. Even individual boxes for distancing. Some people queuing patiently at the top of the aisles to get supplies for their families. Some arsewipe cutting in. Jumping queues and playing dumb at the checkouts. Don't get me started on restrictions.

People would grab their quota and comeback later for more, and or send in their spouse and double up on limits. Hearing customers boosting to someone that they have been to 4 or 5 shops already and have an online order coming later.

I even heard 2 woman chatting about using baby formula for having with their tea and coffee in the caravan holiday during travel bans. Because the marvel had run out.

The country up and down is fucked up because of the unreasonable people that reproduced and taught them to be cunts. 

I missed out on all 3 scans for my baby last year. Yet 6 different households were able to meet at the pubs. 

Some people haven't even had jabs, others still waiting on a 2nd. People have given up and sick of it all.

Can't blame some of them, look at the people making the rules like Matt Hancock, Boris, Dominic Cummings. That bint of a Scottish healthy secretary. It starts from the top. Idiots and terrible role models. 

I want to believe the world would be a better place. It's just not!

34 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

@Diddums A very well written and true post. I work in retail on a shop floor. I lost faith last year in March on the original lockdown.

Simple rules like distancing and following a one way system between aisles so people aren't making face to face contact. Folk be strolling in the aisle the wrong way, "Oh Sorry Mate Didn't know, As They Grab Their Shit"

There was fucking markings on the floor and tape everywhere. Even individual boxes for distancing. Some people queuing patiently at the top of the aisles to get supplies for their families. Some arsewipe cutting in. Jumping queues and playing dumb at the checkouts. Don't get me started on restrictions.

People would grab their quota and comeback later for more, and or send in their spouse and double up on limits. Hearing customers boosting to someone that they have been to 4 or 5 shops already and have an online order coming later.

I even heard 2 woman chatting about using baby formula for having with their tea and coffee in the caravan holiday during travel bans. Because the marvel had run out.

The country up and down is fucked up because of the unreasonable people that reproduced and taught them to be cunts. 

I missed out on all 3 scans for my baby last year. Yet 6 different households were able to meet at the pubs. 

Some people haven't even had jabs, others still waiting on a 2nd. People have given up and sick of it all.

Can't blame some of them, look at the people making the rules like Matt Hancock, Boris, Dominic Cummings. That bint of a Scottish healthy secretary. It starts from the top. Idiots and terrible role models. 

I want to believe the world would be a better place. It's just not!

The hoarding thing was some next level cuntery. In a display of stupidity not seen since humans were still tadpoles, everyone decided that fuck everyone else, their needs are more important. What the fuck do you do that you need 600 rolls of loo paper? How thick do you have to be to think that a) people haven't been wiping their arses without bogroll for thousands of years and many still do, every fucking day, and b) that we're going to run out of the stuff? I mean, I've not even finished high school and I could've told you that had it gotten to that point, people would be cashing in like motherfuckers to make the stuff. A literal gold mine of arsepaper. Oh, of course bogroll is only domestically manufactured because nobody's gonna pay for a shipping container of a product that only achieves about £5/ton but no, we're all gonna run out and we must buy all of it as much as possible and fuck that old lady in the aisle who's clearly struggling and needs it more than you because China's having supply trouble. I ended a lot of acquaintances because of that, and I think I unfriended about 100 people on Facebook because of it too. Selfishness is one thing, being as intelligent as a retarded crab is another, but both combined? Get the fuck outta my life, ain't nobody got time fo dat

Anyway, I can rant for weeks about the absolutely dismal state of us as a society which acts to remind me more and more every day that not wanting to bring kids in to this dumpster fire of a planet isn't such a bad thing after all, but here's a thoroughly entertaining video on it:

banlol.png