Coronavirus

J4MES OX4D

Well I’ve had my vaccine , AZ, and no ill effects at all really (slightly fuzzy headed but difficult to tell from normal!).

I do find it almost unbelievable how well the uk vacc programme is going, given what a total shit show the rest of our response has been . 

23 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Hopefully by the time it's my turn we'll have already seen the one strain that turned it into a zombie virus and I'll be living somewhere in the Welsh mountains 😅

Surely that’s “out of the frying pan and into the fire” Phil? 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

This is basically what I'm experiencing today as I try to get me and @TurboR56Mini  a vaccine appointment since our state opened it up to basically everyone today.

jbareham_201022_ply1040_ps5_lead_0001.jp
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Getting vaccine appointments is a nightmare

10 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

This is basically what I'm experiencing today as I try to get me and @TurboR56Mini  a vaccine appointment since our state opened it up to basically everyone today.

jbareham_201022_ply1040_ps5_lead_0001.jp
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Getting vaccine appointments is a nightmare

Early Access - one of the upsides of being over 60!! 🤣🤣

58 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

10 weeks until you can legally "go back to normal"... madness

I'm trying not to think about it as slowly we're getting to see some people outside and in the back garden and my daughter could start playing football again at the weekend (alongside her 9th birthday outside in the snow/hail for a moment!). The way that life has flown by this past year in a weird surreal way makes me think 10 weeks won't be long at all....and you've reminded me I've got to think about my wife's birthday now! Dammit! 🤣

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Crowds gathered at 7am to get into Primark, now that's madness 😅

Yeah just heard that on radio, passed the pub at the end of the road, Monday dinner drinking.

I think as fast as it's seemed certain industries are still being greatly affected by the rules. Some councils are stopping pubs from even opening outside ffs.

2 hours ago, techno said:

Some councils are stopping pubs from even opening outside ffs.

We've seen plenty of police and petty councillors with the power going to their heads a bit the past year, so not surprised...as usual some just don't know how to read a room😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Crowds gathered at 7am to get into Primark, now that's madness 😅

People must be experiencing some pants shortages or something! Literally every local headline in the UK is their own Primark Store having queues a mile long.  

With the self catering holidays allowed now, it was nice to find a break at relatively short notice this weekend just gone. 5 minutes just inside Wales, keeping our distance from pretty much everyone still (with the exception of the Sheep 😄) it was nice to just see a different 4 walls, even if I still had to work on the Thursday and Friday - I suppose forcing Working From Home does have its perks from time to time.

Wales 20210417.jpeg

Hope everyone is starting to get a little feelings of normality back each weekend that passes by.

4 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Yet still 8 weeks until restrictions are lifted. Feel sorry for the pubs/businesses still unable to fully open

So do I but that’s the way we’re controlling this thing (we’ll never actually beat it imo)...stick with it people 👍