Choose FG's affiliated Charity for 2020

What Charity would you like FG to raise money for?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a Charity for FG to support in 2020

• MIND
    • Extra Life
    • Special Effect
    • Child's Play

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2020 at 11:59 PM

Let's get the Giving Something Back moving this year that I eluded to in the recent Article posted.

We need a Charity to affiliate to, like we asked about in June 2018 but never continued the momentum. Once we have them, we can engage with them and also start looking at doing some small Charity work to support the chosen Charity. I don't want to set a target figure as of yet, let's take this a stage at a time.

So if you could be so kind to vote for one or the few that you would be happy to support, after a week we'll close the poll and which ever has won we will name them as our affiliated Charity for at least the next 12 months.

A little bit more info of each Charity can be found below:

MIND - https://www.mind.org.uk/ 

Extra Life - https://www.extra-life.org/

Special Effect - https://www.specialeffect.org.uk/

Child's Play - http://childsplaycharity.org/

These were all narrowed down from the list we had previously from all of you so hopefully you'll agree any one of these would be a great cause to get behind. If you want to add a reason why you voted for one, please put it down below in the comments.

Great idea Lee, this is something I wanted to do a year or two ago but just never found the right moment to start. Special Effect has been a charity that I’ve followed for many years but what ever we decide I know we’ll do FG proud.

Mental health is an issue for many people and certainly a number of us too.  MIND is a brilliant charity for that and one worthy of support.  However, first and foremost, we’re a gaming community and as such I think it fits better to support a more gaming based one.

All 3 gaming charities sound fantastic and it’s hard to only pick one.  I went with Childs Play in the end as it is the one that hits closest to home for me.  Though whichever gets chosen will be a worth while cause.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

3 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Mental health is an issue for many people and certainly a number of us too.  MIND is a brilliant charity for that and one worthy of support.  However, first and foremost, we’re a gaming community and as such I think it fits better to support a more gaming based one.

All 3 gaming charities sound fantastic and it’s hard to only pick one.  I went with Childs Play in the end as it is the one that hits closest to home for me.  Though whichever gets chosen will be a worth while cause.

You went through exactly the same thought process as me 👍

MIND for me 100%.

Mental health is something that's really important to me and whilst some of the stigma is being taken away i think theres some way to go.

With that said, theres not a bad choice on there so I'm happy to see us support (and be affiliated with?) any of the choices

My gran suffered really badly with dementia, so I’m more than happy to go with Mind. Saying that I would have been happy to go with any of them. 

It’s really sad to see so many of us have been affected by mental health and dementia.

❤️

Having experienced depression, had an ex who struggled with depression and anxiety and also had both my grandfathers get dementia the choice was easy for me. MIND all the way.

So our Charity that we will look to start supporting is MIND.

Thanks for all your votes on this, I've already got a meeting booked with a contact in MIND late next week. I'll set up a new thread for Charity Ideas and what you'd like to be involved in.