The Mandalorian

TigerBurge

On 11/29/2020 at 11:40 PM, McNasty said:

I've been a big star wars fan since the beginning, and I'm enjoying this series but to be honest it's getting overly redundant and I'm frustrated that they haven't progressed the main story line at all.  Every episode is the same thing - goes to a new place, someone needs some help so they go fight some big boss battle, they win and then fly to another planet.  Oh, and this "mandalorian" who everyone is scared of because they're such amazing warriors gets bailed out seemingly every episode by someone else.  He almost dies, someone else comes in to save him.  Every single episode is like this.

I just want there to be more of a point to what I'm watching.  He's been "delivering" baby yoda almost the entire series and he's no closer to that goal than he was in the 2nd episode and we don't really know anything more beyond that.

I think I might be one episode behind as I haven't checked this weekend, but that's how its been for me so far

I can see what you're saying Bill, didn't think of it like that. However, its still been a great series to watch so far - I think most people enjoy seeing the goody doing their best to battle through the baddies and its obvious that they need to make sure the goody mostly wins out in nearly all series like this. What do you think could change to make it different? Finish episodes unfinished where we don't know what will happen? I don't go too deep into stuff like this as I try to enjoy the moment so I can be open to all scenarios, even if most are extremely unlikely to happen.

I do think we could see more background about Baby Yoda, but maybe thats because Jon Favreau knows what season this will fall out in and its we're not near it yet?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I think it depends on what you consider the 'main' story to be - returning Grogu / Baby yoda to his kind is his quest but there is obviously the wider story too of the Mandalorians, trying to find and reunite a fractured race and helping restore Mandalor (this is seen through Mando donating Beskar to help out in the first series and Bo Katan in the second) which circularly references back to Moff Gideon as the bearer of the dark saber which also ties in Mando because of Moff Gideons research and experiments with Grogu/Baby Yoda seen in Ep4.  Sure the Grogu/Baby yoda plot doesn't move that fast but there are plenty of other story arcs being progressed alongside it.

Though as I said earlier, I do wonder how much is just fan service and how much will tie in to the story; are they just going to keep references Boba Fett or will he play a part? Will Ahsoka turn up again? Either against Thrawn as mentioned last week? or maybe in the Moff Gideon/Dark Daber storyline as Ahsoka does have a loose connection to it through Sabine Wren, will Thrawn feature more heavily now? maybe as Gideon's superior?

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Not sure if anyone has been watching this, it came back out the other week with little fanfair.

My thoughts so far is that nothing has happened, I'm 3 or 4 episodes in and so far there has been so little story.

Chatting to @LordBaguette I think he is correct in that Grogu is now becoming a hindrance, there seem's to be too much focus on him and he's not exactly a character you can make engaging on screen or do anything beyond jump about every now and again.

There's been a few rumours going round that Grogu going off with Luke was supposed to be the end of the story line but Grogu returning was forced on the series.  Whether it's true or not who knows but it makes sense as they do seem to have stagnated with Grogu.  Especially as Din's story is tyng up with Bo Katan's and seems to be around the restoration of Mandalor which doesn't seem to have room for Grogu.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

42 minutes ago, Greboth said:

There's been a few rumours going round that Grogu going off with Luke was supposed to be the end of the story line but Grogu returning was forced on the series.  Whether it's true or not who knows but it makes sense as they do seem to have stagnated with Grogu.  Especially as Din's story is tyng up with Bo Katan's and seems to be around the restoration of Mandalor which doesn't seem to have room for Grogu.

That would make sense with what is going on, I feel like there is still a good story to be told like you say with Bo Katan and Din but Grogu being involved really feels like it is being forced. The recent episode looking at him as a foundling it just feel's a bit of a hash just to keep Grogu relevant.

Trying to to spoil but I think the end of the series certainly left a hook for me to get into the next season but they do really need to flesh out the characters more for us not to be bored with the previously pointed out repetitive storylines and having grogu around just to sell merchandise. Also having released the last trilogy they have already sort of spoiled the fact that the empire is definitely existing in the background, rather than having a slow tease of them potentially still being there and infiltrating the new republic. I’m not big on the lore or the other storylines but just feels like they are being lazy with the writing that we’re experiencing in other disney products. Never understood why they took the beskar spear he acquired and made a big deal of away from him, saying it was because he had the dark saber, when they were clearly going to do what they did with that weapon from the start of series 3.