FTB Beyond Server Details

Greboth

So we have an FTB Beyond server now :D

You can access the server either with

name: FGBeyond.minecraft-crafting.pro

or IP: 188.165.208.54:25414

I've only finished setting it up tonight and I've logged on and it seems to be working.  The server is similar specs to one I played on previously and it was alright with a small number of players so assume it will be alright for us too but it is easy enough ot upgrade if necessary.   You'd probably notice some lag if you're exploring and generating new chunks but I've flown ~500 blocks in each direction from spawn so around spawn should be fine.

Other Server details:

Mode: Survival

Difficulty: Normal

Seed: -696216977807959

Seed map: LINK

I went through a lot of seeds to find one with a decent selection of biomes near-ish spawn.  We have most, the only ones we don't really have that close to spawn are jungle and ice but they aren't all that important really.

I've also left the claimed chunk limit as 100 as I don't believe this impacts server performace but chunk loading does so I have limited the number you can chunk load to 5.  It is easy to use a lot more than 5 so we'll probably need more than 5.  I'd think the server could cope with more however to begin with I'd rather go low and see how the server copes as it is easy enough to increase it at a later date.

It is a whitelist server so @Plumbers Crack I've added you as I know you MC username.  @Spacedeck I know you posted in the ftb guide thread but I can't remember if your MC username is the same as your forum so if you can confirm I can whitelist you too.

Any questions or problems, let me know.

IMPORTANT INFO

The Ender  Storage Ender chest item transport does work on a server but we have to ensure we have different colour ones else we will get each others items.  To change the colour of an Ender Storage Ender chest, I believe you can craft the chest directly with the colours.  Else, make a default white white white chest and click the white strips on the top with the colour dye you want.  To avoid confusion, I will list players and their colours so we don't have any conflicts;

Greboth - Green / Green / Green.

PlumbersCrack - White / White / White

Spacedeck -

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

11 hours ago, Greboth said:

So we have an FTB Beyond server now :D

You can access the server either with

name: FGBeyond.minecraft-crafting.pro

or IP: 188.165.208.54:25414

I've only finished setting it up tonight and I've logged on and it seems to be working.  The server is similar specs to one I played on previously and it was alright with a small number of players so assume it will be alright for us too but it is easy enough ot upgrade if necessary.   You'd probably notice some lag if you're exploring and generating new chunks but I've flown ~500 blocks in each direction from spawn so around spawn should be fine.

Other Server details:

Mode: Survival

Difficulty: Normal

Seed: -696216977807959

Seed map: LINK

I went through a lot of seeds to find one with a decent selection of biomes near-ish spawn.  We have most, the only ones we don't really have that close to spawn are jungle and ice but they aren't all that important really.

I've also left the claimed chunk limit as 100 as I don't believe this impacts server performace but chunk loading does so I have limited the number you can chunk load to 5.  It is easy to use a lot more than 5 so we'll probably need more than 5.  I'd think the server could cope with more however to begin with I'd rather go low and see how the server copes as it is easy enough to increase it at a later date.

It is a whitelist server so @Plumbers Crack I've added you as I know you MC username.  @Spacedeck I know you posted in the ftb guide thread but I can't remember if your MC username is the same as your forum so if you can confirm I can whitelist you too.

Any questions or problems, let me know.

IMPORTANT INFO

The Ender  Storage Ender chest item transport does work on a server but we have to ensure we have different colour ones else we will get each others items.  To change the colour of an Ender Storage Ender chest, I believe you can craft the chest directly with the colours.  Else, make a default white white white chest and click the white strips on the top with the colour dye you want.  To avoid confusion, I will list players and their colours so we don't have any conflicts;

Greboth - Green / Green / Green.

PlumbersCrack -

Spacedeck -

This is awesome mate, well played! I’ll jump on later to have a poke around...I take it everything will be automated by midnight! 😂😂

Should I be lucky enough to get an ender chest, I’ll keep it white / white / white. Have you gone for the “keep inventory on death” option?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

This is awesome mate, well played! I’ll jump on later to have a poke around...I take it everything will be automated by midnight! 😂😂

Should I be lucky enough to get an ender chest, I’ll keep it white / white / white. Have you gone for the “keep inventory on death” option?

Haha no, I am out all day today and most of tomorrow too so no MC for me :( I did squeeze in a couple hours after CoD last night so have a tinkers smeltery and access to the mining world already :D 

I just headed south from spawn and I’m in the plains biome.  I think around z 700 - somewhere round there if you want to see my most excelent (read shitty) starter base :lol: 

I didn’t change it to keep inventory on death.  I didn’t think about it but I can change the option when I’m next on.  It will sometime tomorrow now though so if you go on today be careful :P 

21 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

I'll let you know later.

How are you hosting the server? Is it a paid for server or are you hosting it at home? Is it available 24/7 or during set days / hours? 

It’s a paid for server so available 24/7 :) 

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thats awesome Greebs, well done for setting it up and cool to read about how it changes. What's the max players on the server.

Greboth is out most if the weekend Lee but I think he’s pitched it small to start with (4-5) but with the ability to increase if demand warrants it.

I quite enjoyed the Realms that @Spacedeck organised but I think I prefer the modded versions. Come aboard Spacedeck! 😊👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Greboth is out most if the weekend Lee but I think he’s pitched it small to start with (4-5) but with the ability to increase if demand warrants it.

I quite enjoyed the Realms that @Spacedeck organised but I think I prefer the modded versions. Come aboard Spacedeck! 😊👍

Yeah, as with the decrease in activity of the Realms server, I'm going to cancel that subscription.  It's just renewed so it'll still be around for another month and I will use the month to set up the minigames on the server, incase anyone pops on and wants to try some before it goes.

@Greboth  Let me know if you want any money to pay towards it, I don't mind transferring the money I would have paid for Realms over to support the Modded server.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thats awesome Greebs, well done for setting it up and cool to read about how it changes. What's the max players on the server.

Technically the max player limit is 99 but there is no way the server would cope with the mods and that many players.  It should be alright for 4-5 people on at the same time I think maybe 6-8 but I think it would start struggling at that.  I’ve never run a modded server so a learning curve for me too.

22 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

Yeah, as with the decrease in activity of the Realms server, I'm going to cancel that subscription.  It's just renewed so it'll still be around for another month and I will use the month to set up the minigames on the server, incase anyone pops on and wants to try some before it goes.

@Greboth  Let me know if you want any money to pay towards it, I don't mind transferring the money I would have paid for Realms over to support the Modded server.

It’s all good mate, I’m happy to cover it for the first few months and we’ll go from there, if its worth renewing, how long for etc.

21 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

SP loads up fine. In-game is says 3 of 3 Mods loaded.

2075517759_MC1.jpg.089b0733c1cd472375ca078311f9a4ff.jpg

It should be 191 mods (I think).  You need to go in to Loader mods on the left hand side and add the all the mod files.  They should all be .jar files :)

50 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

So I've added all the files within the "mods" folder in FTBBeyond but now the game just closes down after going through the screen of loading the mods.  Crash report is attached.

crash-2019-05-19_18.19.46-client.txt 22.71 kB · 1 download

That's my bad, the way you do it for complete mod packs is slightly different and I'd forgotten about that.  I'll update the main guide in the other thread when I get chance but that will be another day.  So to add this mod pack,

Download the FTB Beyond zip file

In MultiMC click Add Instance

Then on the left hand side there is an option to import from zip

Click browse and find the zip file

Give the Instance a name at the top

Click ok and it should download all the relevant files

When it's finished, click Edit instance and up the memory and change any other settings you want

Then it should work :)

So just a little update on the server so far; A few teething issues with the set up and getting people whitelisted but it all seems to be going well now.  So far only Plumber Dave, Spacedeck and I have joined but the server can take more if anyone else wants to join up just let me know.

I still can’t get the automated restart working – when it is supposed to restart, it says it is restarting but it shuts down and doesn’t restart.  So for now I’m just manually restarting the server from my phone which isn’t a big dig deal.

We’ve hit a couple laggy times which clearly I wasn’t to blame…….honest *whistles innocently* Though I found out what the cause was – Refined storage autocrafting.  It works ok if you’re only crafting a few hundred items but trying to do high tier solar panels which is 100,000+ does cause some…well a lot of lag.  So auto crafting is possible just be aware of how many items you’re crafting.

On a side note of lag, there is 2 types of lag – server lag and client lag.  You’ll get client lag from a number of things and is most noticeable by your FPS dropping or the game becoming choppy.  If this is client side (i.e. just your PC) then it isn’t anything too worrying.  It only becomes a problem if the lag is server side.  To check this, you can type the command

/cofh tps

This will give you the TPS (ticks per second) of all the dimensions on the server.  It gives a lot of information but basically what you’re looking for is that it says 20 tps (100%).  Anything less and it means the server is lagging.  If it’s over 90% then it isn’t perfect but it is playable but with the auto crafting I was doing, I had it down to 10-15% which definitely isn’t good – oops.