FG Update - May and June 2019!

"If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you."

I think this is pretty fitting for Forever Gaming. That's really down to all the wonderful people here. I can go on and on about how this year for me personally has been a hard start but I imagine, and in a lot of cases I know, that a lot of people's lives inside and outside of FG are in a far more difficult spot.

You all deserve a place that's always here when you need it. You need people, not just me, that are willing to listen, care about your opinion and are here to make your lives worthwhile. We've been relatively quiet in 2019 so let's make a little noise for all those people that need a little fun and support.

We've made a planner for the next few months. I hope you can see there's different bits and bobs on there for everyone. Its a start. Let's build on it together. They'll be more than just this I'm sure.

One feature I wanted to just pick out is FGer Game Choice. We all love different games but we can't play them all the time. However, as we organise most nights for us to party up, its only right that we should ask treasured FGers what they think we should play for a night of fun together. This should be for new and old FGers and the only way this will work though is if we support each other and play for those few hours. It may not be much sometimes but for others it means far more than you'll ever know.

I want to see more people here and in other pockets of FG. You all sometimes forget and don't even realise that y'all being around together with the tiniest nod to say 'hi' or 'nice work' is huge.

I won't go on any further. Look at the pic. They'll be corresponding events, quizzes, threads, tourneys posted up in good time all over FG. Get involved. If not for yourself, but for others.

GGFG

May and June FG Update.jpg

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Nice one Lee - just a an idea for the Gambit night....instead of team entries have individual entries and draw teams on the night? Mixes things up and you could potentially play with people who you wouldn't normally team up with

Via the FG App

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

22 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Nice work Leigh, like the visual calendar.

Would've loved to join in on the COD4 night tonight but cant unfortunately as short notice. :(

Cheers Dan. We'll do more like we've done before. I'll be sure to mention you on any event I put up. Blackout on June 7th 😉

21 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Epic work Lee!

Cheers bud ❤️

20 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Nice one Lee - just a an idea for the Gambit night....instead of team entries have individual entries and draw teams on the night? Mixes things up and you could potentially play with people who you wouldn't normally team up with

Via the FG App

Its a great thought Dave. I always wanted to see if we could randomise the teams but equally we've seen when we've done that previously its hard to get people together more. Equally, I wasn't expecting to play all the games on one night. Once I look into the application a little more for the website I can see how much we can play with it. Gotta just try more things as a group and we'll learn for the next time. Let's hope we get lots of us around as Gambit Private Matches doesn't need anyone else to pay for it on FG.

6 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Excuse my stupidity but what is Gambit?

Its a game mode on Destiny 2. Mixes PvE with PvP. Its quite unique and between friends you can see how it could be a ton of fun.

5 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Your dedication to the forum is amazing, man.  Wish I could have done the Modern Warfare game night.  I signed up for some overtime at work this weekend.  

Cheers man. The least I can do for all the different people here.

Can I ask everyone how they feel this has gone so far over the past 3-4 weeks? I have to hold my hand up and have had technical difficulties with Crispy's Controller Hospital page and the Gambit Tournament as they are new features to FG but apart from that we seem to have had every game night happen, the poll briefly worked for 2 nights of Brawhalla, the first FGer Game Choice went down well with 8 turning up and would've been even better if people had updated their games 🙈

Be good to get some feedback that this sort of thing helped or didn't help and the reasons why for both? I've been trying hard to bring the FG family spirit back of late so wanted to keep the momentum going for all of you now I feel there is some.

P.S. I'll update the bits that are lagging here when I've got them working.