Apex Legends Ded?

J4MES OX4D

I absolutely loved this game first month and thoroughly enjoyed playing it. Great mechanics and some very unique ideas. There was real hope that this game would challenge Fortnite and maintain its strong playerbase for months to come. However, my interest suddenly declined just before the battle pass was released and I haven't played it since.  Twitch viewership has sunk down to about 25k average per day as it's slid down the pecking order whilst Fornite has continued to remain steady. 

Do people still play it or has others interest similarly waned? It's a shame and I hope the game can be rejuvenated but I don't think it can be salvaged. If they had two or three maps and a more satisfying battle pass plus solo/duo, it may encourage some players to return but a few weeks was enough for me with the current format. I'm grateful for the experience especially as it was free but there's just nothing that can force me back. 

I don't believe this is dead by any stretch but the kicker is the content or very lack of any new content to put it bluntly.

I bought the battle pass but there really isn't anything in it. They have explained they don't want to upset the balance of the game too much so won't make many quick sandbox changes but ironically thats the thing that shouldn't be touched much, if at all. Its why many people love it, I think it ranks number 1 currently for its overall FPS gameplay. Problem is, Fortnite can just release a limited time mode with Marvel just like that and Apex hasn't really seen anything whatsoever.

I'm pretty much feeling like they weren't ready for this game to praised highly enough and they geniunely didn't have a plan to update content much with this game. Now they have to so they can keep the player base. Would love to see another map and some objectives to complete like Fortnite does. Hell, because of the challenges that my son needs I end up getting engrossed in a few games of Fortnite every week.

I'm the same as Rob, battle royal games get stale for me very quickly. It's the same thing over and over again, just get's a bit repetitive. You could say that about any cod really and that's the way i feel about them now. These games just loose their spark too quickly now, for me anyway. 

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I'm the same as Rob, battle royal games get stale for me very quickly. It's the same thing over and over again, just get's a bit repetitive. You could say that about any cod really and that's the way i feel about them now. These games just loose their spark too quickly now, for me anyway. 

I could play COD exclusively for months on end - at one point my MW2 disc was practically jammed in my drive and the box was covered in dust but games like that now barely hold my interest for more than two weeks. At first I thought it was just me having played so many games like this but more and more people seem to drift away from games very quickly now unlike the last gen when you could play a game for a long time and never really get bored. 

15 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

No new content = player base going elsewhere. Problem is even if they drop new content within a month, they can't keep up with the aggressive style of content drops that Fortnite has. It's incredible what they do on that game and they'll always be compared against it even though the gunplay is far superior in Apex.