Escape From Tarkov

phil bottle

Posting some nice content from Kotton and here's some basics to understand some of the things he refers to.

1. There's currently half a dozen maps to jump in, and you can play them live or practice them with AI only.

2. On average you have 45 minutes in each map before you need to find the extraction point

3. If you die you lose all the gear you brought in 

4. If you don't extract in the time limit, you are classed as MIA and lose all the gear you brought in

5. You can loot in each map and there are 6 traders between games with whom you can buy and sell new gear/weapons

6. There's also an online flea market for players to trade between each other (using in game currency)

7. Some players go in with a knife or hatchet only, to just loot shit and escape, they are known as hatchlings (we all do it at some point)

8. You can play (though it has a cool down period) as a member of the AI Scavenger faction but this doesn't boost your stats

9. You do have a 'gamma' container which has a few slots and where the gear contained will not disappear should 3 or 4 happen

10. You can insure your gear, and have it returned to you but if another player finds your dead body and loots it in game, no insurance recovery is possible.

11. Usually you get dropped in a map with a dozen other players (at separate  locations unless you've formed a squad) with AI Scavs spawning shortly after and at regular intervals. 

12. The traders give you missions to do. I might record me doing my latest one. I have to go to the Customs map, go to a truck in a particular part of the map (that so happens to have loads of AI Scavs patrolling), pick up a gold watch from inside the truck cabin and extract with it. For this |i will receive experience points, money and an AK74U or some variety of AK, I forgot. The game is anal about weapon detail.

That'll do for now @Diddums eh:)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I gotta admit, it does look pretty decent. One question though, can you extract any time, or do you have to wait until a specific timeframe?

I really need to put my PC together. It's all clean and shiny, nicely laid out on the lounge floor 😕 

banlol.png

I gotta admit, it does look pretty decent. One question though, can you extract any time, or do you have to wait until a specific timeframe?

I really need to put my PC together. It's all clean and shiny, nicely laid out on the lounge floor [emoji53] 
You can extract any time!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

There's loot drops for watching Tarkov on Twitch at the moment, I watched a stream for 5 minutes yesterday and it dropped me a Factory key. Which, considering there has just been a wipe, is gold dust.

Anyway, here's Kotton

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Had my first foray back into EFT this week, for quite some time. I fancied a session and as there's just been a wipe, my character was back to level 1 with not much in the way of equipment. As an early backer I do get some high end weapons and gear but I never use these except for fun in practice sessions versus the AI only. 

I'm not happy enough with my knowledge of some of the newer maps so I jumped into Customs with an AK47u and a few meds. I also happen to have a mission to complete on that map. Kill 5 Scavs and retrieve 3 MP133 shotguns.

Checking my watch I have 40 minutes in which to find nice gear and extract. 

I've spawned in a factory in the far west side of the map. The factory has some areas I can search for loot, so I crouch my way round making as little noise as possible. While I do find some random stuff I quickly realise I forgot to bring a backpack with me. Its not the end of the world, there are backpacks to be had if you know how.

Meantime I hear heavy gunfire outside the factory. Sounds like M4 versus SVD. Humans then and not Scavs. Unless it's a human versus the Scav boss and his henchmen.

I then hear some noise at the end entrance to the factory. Human player with an SVD. I'm trying to decide what to do, his gun is better and he probably has a scope, but he runs out again and I hear more gunfire. I wait a minute, then hear more gunplay, but further away now. Time to move.

I use the same exit as the chap I saw and head outside, intending to head east towards better loot areas and the extracts.

I don't go far when I see a player or Scav in the grassy area through the fence. I pop off a few shots, it's about 250 metres and the AK maybe hits but the guy runs and hides. 

I move on, reload. Carry on down the road and find another Scav, he hits the deck to shoot at me but I get him first. I go to loot him, he has a backpack, nice. Take his AKM too and ammo but I get shot at while I'm looting. Don't know where the shots are coming from so I make a break for some cover behind a small truck but take hits to the left leg, arm and chest. I had no armour so lucky not to be dead. 

I use some meds to stop the bleeding and then run for a small building, the gas station shop. I enter the back entrance and hide in the stock area while I finish healing and take the time to reload my mags, which is slow.

I hear some shuffling in the shop area and ready my AK. A Scav, and by his movements, a human one, tries to rush me...but at short range the AK takes out his thorax and he is dispatched. I go to loot him but then I hear some noise outside the shop. Another Scav comes in shooting and appears to have level 3 body armour so I aim for the face, and it pays off. 

Up until this point I've been mostly spending my time in this session shitting myself. A lot of sound whoring in this game, so the volume is ramped up. It's mental. I'm elated now, pleased with myself and feeling the feeling only Tarkov brings. 

Also, one of the chaps i killed was carrying the Marked Room key. Which is like the key to the candy shop in Tarkov. Luckiest find I have ever had. So fucking happy, but more stress😅

And now, I check the time, it's red, 9 minutes left to find an extract. There are two extracts not too far but they have question marks and might not be available, the guaranteed extracts are in the far east of the map. I judge I have enough time to try them all. I also hope there's not many other players still in the map as I will be taking chances and running.

I try the two closest extracts but they're no longer available. Running out of time, 3 minutes left I sprint across the bridge over the river towards the trailer park. Crouch walking now in case there's anyone camping it but no, nobody about and I extract with some excellent loot and rank up to level 2.

Such a great game.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg