Balanced review of Fallout 76

phil bottle

18 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The best review I've seen so far. 

Great quick review. Made me realise if you love the franchise people will give it a chance. However, if you don't usually play the series (like me) you don't feel drawn in and it isn't worth the money.....yet.

I love the franchise but hate this game. I think I really wanted it to be fun but it just feels like all I'm trying to do it go pick up garbage, breakdown garbage and store garbage in stash. That's literally all I've done. 

I always liked fallout due to the idea of wandering the wasteland to find some cool npcs to talk to. I don't like this holotape idea. It feels lazy. 

I really wanted this to work out. I think they would have been more successful if they announced remastered fallout 3 and new Vegas instead. Add co-op to those games instead of a copy and paste fallout 4 without the story. 

So yeah, coming back to Fallout 76 was interesting. 

They have added content now, after how long?, that should have been in the game at launch. Finally, real NPCs to interact with, and a new quest line.

The funny thing is, the new content is ok as a solo player but pretty shit in a party, as only one person gets to do the story and interactions while your co-players are merely helpers and spectators. So they have made a multiplayer game into a single player game experience. It's truly laughable.

I've reinstalled Fallout 4 instead, time to finish that bad boy.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I have no idea how this runs but i've seen a lot of the americans on it lately on the PS4 @Capn_Underpants  @Horrible_Hector  @igotmollywhopped  @reaper-2201 . Hows the game running now? What seems to be the big draw into the game?

On 6/9/2020 at 6:01 AM, phil bottle said:

So yeah, coming back to Fallout 76 was interesting. 

They have added content now, after how long?, that should have been in the game at launch. Finally, real NPCs to interact with, and a new quest line.

The funny thing is, the new content is ok as a solo player but pretty shit in a party, as only one person gets to do the story and interactions while your co-players are merely helpers and spectators. So they have made a multiplayer game into a single player game experience. It's truly laughable.

I've reinstalled Fallout 4 instead, time to finish that bad boy.

Haven't experienced this much. I was doing a main quest with Tyler and we both had to do the interactions for the quest to continue so we were both on the same page, that's all.  

On 6/13/2020 at 10:47 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I have no idea how this runs but i've seen a lot of the americans on it lately on the PS4 @Capn_Underpants  @Horrible_Hector  @igotmollywhopped  @reaper-2201 . Hows the game running now? What seems to be the big draw into the game?

It's definitely a lot better. Obviously the reluctance was there, this crap should have been there at launch but you know what? I spent the $60 on it so I figured what the hell, I'll give it a go. Not really playing anything else anyways. 

Got my own private server and that cuts the lag down quite a bit especially when you're doing events. I guess the big 'draw' is just helping each other with our quests, trying out different legendary weapons/armor and base building. There are daily and weekly challenges. I've finished the main quests so now i'm looking into doing these more. I'm trying to discover the whole map and i'm also trying to get a good 'class' together. Leveling up after 50 is a bit like chess in you gotta be careful with what you're picking. I'm trying to get into crafting alcohol so I can sell it for caps to buy more plans. I know some of the guys are into trading with other players, visiting their bases and buying things from them. They got some cool mutagens from some of them. They also farm material a lot more then I do. The game is what you make it, I guess?

If you're enjoying it, that's all that matters. I thinks it's a single player in multiplayer clothing and as a single player I liked it. The graphics are ok but a bit lame in places, and it is a lot brighter than FO4, which was nice. I'd have gone for a private server too but over here it's an extra monthly fee for that!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

What's making get a little more interested in this game is that it seems in a better place and how i've enjoyed 7 Days to Die on PC, it feels like it could be a similar experience, but on a PS4 which brings more FGers into the fold whilst they clearly save for a PC....😎

2 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

Got my own private server and that cuts the lag down quite a bit especially when you're doing events.

So I looked into this a little further. Its a $100 dollars for a year subscription with Fallout 1st that gives you a Private Server for you and 7 of your friends to go on to. This actually seemed like a real go-er for me, until I read that the server closes down if there is no Fallout 1st subscription member on the server, which I think is abit shitty tbh. So in reality you'd need the most active people to have subs otherwise you can't run a PS4 server.

Has anyone seen a way around this? I thought it would've been a cool thing to do to have an FG Server for a year to see where it goes.

Well, back in FO4 trying to do the main quest I've somehow got myself doing the Far Harbour dlc which isn't helping me finish the main quest. I forgot how much content is in this game. I'll go back to FO76 at some point I'm sure.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just realised it's been almost 5 years and Phil still hasn't completed Fallout 4 making this the longest playthrough in videogame history[emoji23]

100 hours in and I'm nowhere near finished [emoji1787]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I have gotten back into videogaming a bit, and picked up Fallout 76.  I've enjoyed it in it's current state.  I'm on PC, Docwagon1776, if you happen to see me around.  I'm not a terribly social player, usually just do my own thing, but if it's someone from here I'd certainly be willing to catch up.

The Atlantic City expeditions are more enjoyable than the Pitt ones, I think.  The Pitt got boring for me in the scavenger hunt stuff where if you didn't know the possible spawns you just spent forever looking for things once you'd killed all the enemies.