FG Realms Discussion Thread

Spacedeck

The down one works by the water at the bottom stopping your fall.  You just need to dig a hole all the way down, place a sign and a bucket of water above the sign.  The sign stops the water running out and the water breaks your fall.

The up elevator takes a bit more work, dig a seperate hole all the way down again.  Place signs on the wall to stop the water running out.  If you don’t have blocks around you can use fence gates too.  Then place a bucket of water at the top block of the hole so it runs all the way down.  You’ll then need to grab some kelp from the kelp farm, place it at the bottom of the solid water column and place kelp every block up the water column.  This will turn the running water in to water source blocks.  Then go back to the bottom and destroy the bottom of the kelp and it will break the column of kelp.  Finally, mine the block at the floor level of the solid water colum and replace it with soul sand.  This will create  a bubble column which shoots you up quickly.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

3 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

cool....thanks

Farms up and running if you want food, either in chest or take from ground (replant seeds please:) )

There is the chicken farm by my house which you can take from.  I also have a cow farm too by the nether portal but you would need to breed them first.  Flick the lever and the cows will bob in the water breed them and flick the lever to stop them bobbing.  All the babies will fall underneath and you can go down the ladder under the trapdoor.

21 minutes ago, Greboth said:

There is the chicken farm by my house which you can take from.  I also have a cow farm too by the nether portal but you would need to breed them first.  Flick the lever and the cows will bob in the water breed them and flick the lever to stop them bobbing.  All the babies will fall underneath and you can go down the ladder under the trapdoor.

Where the hell do you learn this stuff and how did you do it so quick...creative mode before we went into survival?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

14 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Where the hell do you learn this stuff and how did you do it so quick...creative mode before we went into survival?

The technical side of minecraft is far more interest to me than the mining or building.  So I’ve watched lots of videos on things and spend quite a but of time in creative getting redstone circuity to work.

As for how quick, I did it all in survival but not that quick.  I think I already have 12 or so hours play time on this server 😮 

I didn’t think of it, it’s a design that has been around in minecraft for a long time.  I believe it does work for pigs and sheep too but cows are useful to get the leather to make books for the enchanting tables.

I was messing around in creative and designed a way to auto kill and cook the steaks too so will add that at some point.  As we have the chicken farm already I think I’ll rebuild the kelp farm first.

I’d like to build an iron farm too but I hate transporting villagers long distances.

47 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Where can you see your playtime? Is your 6days+ on this Realms server?

There is a stats button on to Esc menu that shows time played :) 

I have just over 12 hours on this realm.  The rest of the time is split between a single player world I created when 1.13 came out as I wanted to try the new features and another multiplayer server I joined last month.  Though as above, I think quite a bit of that is afk fishing or just waiting for things to smelt.

There are some interesting things about 1.14 though I wish there was more of a villager update.  You only have to look at Tangoteks what if villager mod to see what could have been.

As for the server, who left an emerald in my chest? Also did someone take my nether quartz as I can’t find it.

Still went and mined plenty more so a decent chunk through gathering the resources to rebuild the kelp farm.  Hopefully it shouldn’t take too long to do then probably will produce enough free fuel for us all to use :) 

I suggest one of you create a new thread for the new Minecraft world so you can keep updates in it. That way, old people returning will know you're on about a brand new world setup 👍

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I suggest one of you create a new thread for the new Minecraft world so you can keep updates in it. That way, old people returning will know you're on about a brand new world setup 👍

Naaaa that sounds like a terrible idea ;) 

There’s so many ways to play the game that there isn’t a right or wrong way just a preferred way.  I just like getting automated farms up and running so when I explore later on I’m always coming back to everything I need so I can out exploring again.

Sounds like you found an abandoned mineshaft.  Usually quite a good place to find ore’s too and maybe a spider spawner or 2.

I thought about putting my items in a trapped chest which if opened would detonate TNT in the main suspects build.  However I thought better of it so gone for a sign for now.

Edit: Still managed to build half of the kelp farm which produces kelp sooooo much faster than the original version and that is only half of it!  Next step will be to build an auto smelter to turn it in to dried kelp but that is for another day.

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I am just in awe of your technical ability emoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.png

Via the FG App

I understand most of the logic to the redstone circuits but most farms I build are from youtube tutorials.  Most of the bigger youtubers spend the time making the farms as fast and efficient as possible so I’m happy to copy them.

Though are some designs like tangotek’s Iron farms, almost all of Ilmango’s designs that go over my head.

I am quite enjoying building the farms as we played modded before there was no need to build the farms so makes a nice change :) Though I might build some of them further from spawn to give everyone’s PC and server a rest from having to load all the farms all the time.

55 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I understand most of the logic to the redstone circuits but most farms I build are from youtube tutorials.  Most of the bigger youtubers spend the time making the farms as fast and efficient as possible so I’m happy to copy them.

Though are some designs like tangotek’s Iron farms, almost all of Ilmango’s designs that go over my head.

I am quite enjoying building the farms as we played modded before there was no need to build the farms so makes a nice change :) Though I might build some of them further from spawn to give everyone’s PC and server a rest from having to load all the farms all the time.

We seem to be able to teleport to XYZ references so building elsewhere shouldn’t be a problem - just put up a menu at spawn with the locations and price!! 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork