Star Citizen - can you run it?

phil bottle

Minimum 12 gigglebtyes of RAMS, recommended starting point 16 gigglebytes. I have 8, and they are of the DDR3 variety, so spending more money on DDR3 RAMS is a waste of money, as DDR4s are now everyone's favourite RAM of choice and it'd be silly to not buy those. Unfortunately for me, upgrading to DDR4 rams means upgrading my motherboard and CPU as well, and we all know I can't roll with some shitty peasant system so I'd be looking at £600 as an absolute minimum. As much as I want to play this, I have other commitments I need to take care of first. Hopefully by the time I do upgrade this game will be a bit more optimized and we can meet somewhere in the middle :) 

banlol.png

Nice one Phil. Up for checking this out again and hopefully optimisation feels a lot better than last time.

I need to push my wife about me getting my monitor though as I really think my TV restricts the play because of basic resolution problems.

4 hours ago, Spacedeck said:
It's useless upgrading for this game in its current state.  The FPS issues AFAIK are server side and pretty much the same for everyone.  I tried it again a few weeks back and even on low settings, performance was horrible.

Nay, nay, and thrice nay.     

@Diddums is required to upgrade his Sinclair C5 to an actual PC that can run 21st century games.

Except also, true, I get on average about 35 frames and that's the going rate for most players. You can tell how long a server has been up by the performance you get too...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm supposed to be able to run it but some direct x file is missing even though it's in the directory.
I just gave up in the end.
Just try a reinstall, your rig can certainly handle it. Mind you, the next big patch is in a couple of weeks, maybe try then.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg