EFL Championship 2018/2019

GazzaGarratt

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Never feel sorry for Leeds

100% this. Didn't think so before this season but their fans clearly have shown their true colours over the season.

Nearly on par with Newcastle.

12 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

4 draws in a row for Norwich has brought Sheff Utd into the title race. 

Said very early on that Sheff Utd were my favourites and they seem like they will go and do it. Chris Wilder is a very underrated manager and needs more credit than he gets.

As much as it may mean they have a slither of a chance at the title, Norwich have Rovers on Saturday night. My heart wants to see us get 5 wins on the bounce, but they only need a point and we seem to always be willing to help teams when they need it most 🙈

31 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Chris Wilder is a very underrated manager and needs more credit than he gets.

Wilder was Oxford manager for nearly 6 years and got us back into the football league in his first full season so I will be eternally grateful for his work and he's also won League 2, League one and if he wins the Championship, he would've won every single league in the FL and got promoted all the way from the Conference to the Premiership in a decade. Amazing record and probably the would be the only manager to do this I imagine. 

If Sheff Utd beat Ipswich at home on Saturday then they will be promoted pretty much unless Leeds can somehow beat Villa and overturn an 11+ goal deficit against Aston Villa to take it into the last day. Villa are in cracking form and Leeds have back to back defeats and are pretty deflated. This fixture could also be the playoff final too! 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:36 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Bolton v Brentford has been postponed because the Bolton players are refusing to play because they haven't been paid. Some staff have gone 3 months without receiving a penny. What a shambles for everyone affected. 

EFL have ordered them to play their last 2 games and they've said they have enough players. As much as I have no love for Bolton, I don't like seeing this happen at any club. Football getting hurt by money yet again - the biggest, and worst driver in football these days.

On another note, we played well to keep it at a 2-1 loss to Norwich - fair play to them, you can see they are more consistently a threat when attacking and moving the ball forward than most teams I've seen this year.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

EFL have ordered them to play their last 2 games and they've said they have enough players.

The brainless EFL don't seem to understand that nobody has been paid and they shouldn't be baiting the rest of the squad and young players to buckle. PFA and nowhere to be seen yet when Northampton defrauded their local council and embezzled the money from a loan meant for the stadium back in 2016; the PFA subsidized all their wages whist the investigation was ongoing for months. Bolton are the victims of bad ownership and then a complete failure of due-diligence with the new supposed owner. EFL should be more supportive and understanding as it was them that allowed the current owner into the club which got them into this mess. 

Derby missed out on securing a playoff place last night with a 1-1 draw at Swansea. They must better Middlesbrough's result to be sure of a spot and that may not be too bad of a fixture as the Baggies will be prepping for the playoffs. Boro travel to relegated Rotherham which wont be easy and win bare minimum as a draw isn't enough with goal difference being inferior to Derby.

If it stays this way, it'll be Leeds, West Brom, Aston Villa and Derby. WOW!  

17 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Aston Villa 2-1 WBA 

Derby 0-1 Leeds

Dwight Gayle getting sent off could prove critical for WBA. Leeds picked up a controversial win. 

Villa looking the strongest as predicted by many before it. I'm waiting to see if Leeds bottle it again in the return leg against Derby.

18 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Leeds 2-4 Derby (3-4)

Leeds bottled it badly and got rekt on their own turf! 

My phone just went wild with memes :D

Leeds 1.jpeg

Leeds 2.jpeg

Leeds 3.jpeg

Leeds 4.jpeg

Leeds 5.jpeg