Current Status of Fortnite

GazzaGarratt

Just trying to gauge how Fortnite is fairing currently. Not seen much news of late but have seen a few people pick it back up again.

Has much changed in the past month or two? What's the new meta these days?

I used to post the challenges up but if people are still doing them it would be good for others to add to the Weekly Challenges thread instead of me. You'll know more than me about them I'm sure!!

It's still an awesome game, great fun but skill is maybe 30% of the factor in firefights, the other 70% is hit detection, lag, etc. This game is extremely sensitive to internet foibles. I bought the season pass and it changes the game completely, much more stuff to do, it's definitely worth it even if only for a month. Builders are fucking irritating, you get the drop on someone and 3 seconds later you're looking at an entire shopping centre, it does my head in.  

I really like that they keep changing and adding stuff, there are now golf carts, shopping trolleys, apples on the ground which give you 5% health, mushrooms which give you 5% armour, new weapons, the map changes every few weeks, etc. It's definitely one of the better maintained games out there. 

banlol.png

It's great that they keep changing things but I can't help but think that I preferred it when the game was more simple. Also all the kids playing it have become way too difficult to kill with all that crazy building.

I'm just shit at it thats what's happening here. Fuck.

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

It still sucks

The security for their accounts is still crap.

Epic don't have time for things like account security - they are too busy devoting all their resources to developing Fornite and milking as much money as they can while the game is popular. 

New meta are the suppressed smg’s that have a higher fire rate than the old ones. Or the tommy guns. Building has become a must in 99% of fights. Which can be annoying but just shoot it down or blow it up... Golfcarts are great as an entire squad fits in one and you can easily outrun the storm in one. I still love playing the game.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:50 AM, ChaosGladiator said:

New meta are the suppressed smg’s that have a higher fire rate than the old ones. Or the tommy guns. Building has become a must in 99% of fights. Which can be annoying but just shoot it down or blow it up... Golfcarts are great as an entire squad fits in one and you can easily outrun the storm in one. I still love playing the game.

Not a surprise you still love it dude 😃

I must admit taking a break from it has made me feel like I can play it again. It got extremely repetitive very quickly for me with not enough variation due to the one map being available.

With the regular changes they've made I'm more inclined to hop in for a game or too - going to also play the PvE mode to get enough vBucks for one season pass to try it out.

Have to now eat my words as I remember @phil bottle tell me its a building game and i disagreed. But one game back into it and I can absolutely see where you're coming from. Building as a defence saves you a ton - and is annoying as hell to come up against it.