FIFA Mens Footballer of 2018

Plumbers Crack

The shortlist has just been announced as follows.....

Cristiano Ronaldo - Juventus & Portugal

Kevin De Bruyne - Manchester City & Belgium

Antoine Griezmann - Atletico Madrid & France

Eden Hazard - Chelsea & Belgium

Harry Kane - Tottenham & England

Kylian Mbappe - Paris St-Germain & France

Lionel Messi - Barcelona & Argentina

Luka Modric - Real Madrid & Croatia

Mohamed Salah - Liverpool & Egypt

Raphael Varane - Real Madrid & France

What order would you put them in? Remember this is 2018 and not just the World Cup.

Mine is as follows...

1. Salah

2. de Bruyne 

3. Mbappe

4. Hazard

5. Ronaldo

6. Kane

7. Modric

8. Griezmann

9. Verane

10. Messi

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Salah at the bottom for me.

He scored a couple more goals than Kane, but played more games. From midfield that is impressive I admit but he practically plays a sub striker role more than a typical midfielder. The amount of goals they leak is also his responsibility, and last season they let us score 4 in one game.
Did nothing in the world cup finals.
Finished 4th in premier league.
Bottled it in the champions league final. Bale won that game with a bicycle kick and he's not even on the list.

Plus he annoyed me his lack of respect to Harry Kane over the phantom goal episode, kept tweeting about it weeks after, so you can see the above is just a bit of prejudice on my part [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Mine is:

1. de Bruyne 
  2. Mbappe
  3. Ronaldo
  4. Verane
  5. Hazard
  6. Kane
  7. Salah
  8. Modric
  9. Griezmann
  10. Messi

de Bruyne is seriously underrated. Always loved the way he plays. He's more of a team player for Belgium than Hazard, whilst I appreciate Hazard can make so many mazy runs on his own. I'm with @phil bottle on Salah. Really want to see him prove himself in his second season. As you say, they got to the CL Final but that's about it.

Mbappe is an absolute talent. Ridiculously good for his age. And Ronaldo, well, he's just incredible for his age too. 33 years old and still worth over £100m is crazy and probably worth it too.

Feel sorry for Modric on that list. Maybe he could go above Salah 😛

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I’d probably agree with daves order. Can’t agree with others saying salah wasn’t that good, he won golden boot and player of year award and Liverpool’s  front 3 was some of the best football I’ve seen for a while. I reckon Bradley dack should be in there though don’t you agree @GazzaGarratt 😂

5 hours ago, Findmartin said:

I’d probably agree with daves order. Can’t agree with others saying salah wasn’t that good, he won golden boot and player of year award and Liverpool’s  front 3 was some of the best football I’ve seen for a while. I reckon Bradley dack should be in there though don’t you agree @GazzaGarratt 😂

Agree with Bradley Dack. Everything else you can get to fuck 😂😂

Genuinely though, just being top goalscorer doesn't mean you're the best player in the world. (Otherwise, i missed out on a shit load oftrophies when i was younger!)

You've got to be impactful for the team - you can't get away from Liverpool finishing 4th in their own league. He didn't even win a trophy. He can't be that good if he couldn't get help his team win more games could he?

Also, must be pretty frightening to be a Liverpool fan. Just think about where they could've finished without him - still top half do you reckon? 😆

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

One player can’t always carry a team. Even the great messi couldn’t carry that sack of shite argie team. It’s not salahs fault that their defence was leakier than my bathroom tap and the keeper couldn’t catch a cold. I think Liverpool will be up there this season as they’ve made some good signings especially the GK.. 

For me generally speaking the goalscorer is the main man in most teams (you should know more than most that the hardest thing to do in football is stick the ball in the net). And yes mate you should have won more individual trophies when you were younger! 😘