Rugby

phil bottle

Speaking of which, I had my first cup match since COVID-19 shut down USA rugby. Played a full 80 minutes and we won 41-19, felt amazing to be back out there however the day after prop-neck is in full force. I cannot look left or right, lmao.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

The Autumn Internationals are here!! If you haven’t seen any and are interested it’s all on Amazon prime. Good to have international rugby back and have the southern hemisphere teams visiting leading up to next years World Cup. There has been some  entertaining games so far, some good tries, big hits and absolutely shocking lids and most of that is just off the kiwis.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:56 PM, Laidback Lankyman said:

The Autumn Internationals are here!! If you haven’t seen any and are interested it’s all on Amazon prime. Good to have international rugby back and have the southern hemisphere teams visiting leading up to next years World Cup. There has been some  entertaining games so far, some good tries, big hits and absolutely shocking lids and most of that is just off the kiwis.

Missed England v Argentina - looked a close one. Did we play badly or Argentina now looking a strong force this year?

On 11/8/2022 at 2:43 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Missed England v Argentina - looked a close one. Did we play badly or Argentina now looking a strong force this year?

Argentina played well and we looked slow as fuck and like we had no idea how to attack from open play. The game against Japan just got a lot more interesting for england, especially as we’ll probably lose to New Zealand and South Africa.

I'd say the England game vs Japan whilst we were away together looked on the face of it reasonably easy. Difficult to use it as motivation for New Zealand and South Africa but I think right now its the time for the upsets given Argentina also beat Australia. Time to re-evaluate Argentina as one of the stronger forces perhaps for the next World Cup? What do you think, Elliott @Middle Class Caveman ? You seemed to enjoy watching the Rugby over the weekend! 

Argentina have definitely brought them game in a lot, you don’t beat New Zealand, England, Australia, and Scotland twice without having elevated your game. Japan game masked a lot about Englands lack of speed and creativity in the back line against top level defences (think the Smith and Farrell combo still isn’t working, smith doesn’t seem confident enough to operate for England at 10 without a lot off space which we had in the last 10mins against New Zealand, and although Farrell is kicking and leading well, he offers no run threat at 12 and slows the game around him down to the detriment of Manu), plus Eddie is still only picking more experienced players May and Nowell who are getting slower and hasn’t brought through any younger wingers outside of Freddie Steward. It’s a bit better news with our forwards although they have been giving more technical penalties away recently and the jackling and turnover ball we were so good at in the last World Cup seems to have regressed. The starting  front row have been very good and lock position we have sorted as well as some good replacements. Just need sort the 6,7,8 positions, which I think on that score our best bet would be Lawes at 6, Curry at 7 and either Dombrant or Simmonds at 8.

@Laidback Lankyman  I think they got taught an absolute masterclass in Rugby didn't they at the weekend?! 14 men for 60 minutes, South Africa dominated them and their defence were superb.

Right I’m gonna get this in now before @Diddums has a chance to knife me with it. England are really not playing well. I didn’t mind the Borthwick hire and had mentally given him a bit of a pass for this World Cup as he would want to put his own playing style on the team…but these last two games against Wales of the back of the six nations campaign have been legitimately tough to watch, and Wales probably should have won both games.
Thankfully I’ve been able to offset the shit I see from England with 2 great and exciting games from Scotland v France. South Africa and Ireland need to watch out or they could end up joining England in the dumpster fire of an embarrassing group stage exit.

Yeah figured they’d beat them but not pump them. Possibly or trying to find out who the best of his younger/project players go against tough opposition before the World Cup. Hopefully we won’t have to play them after the group stages as they’d probably beat us.