Rugby

phil bottle

Not often I post about Rugby but there was a major result this weekend.

The USA beat Scotland.

No offence Americans but that's got to be one of the biggest upsets in world rugby.

First US win ever against a tier 1 team.

Lol Scotland are shite🤣

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

England rugby boys are on a poor run of form, which @Diddums will be happy about, as South Africa have been taking advantage.

Meanwhile the Irish rugby boys beat Australia on the same day the Aussies got beat by England in the cricket and by the French at f.ootball. Quality😂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

England are in a right bad patch of late. One of their worst runs in years.

Re: USA v Scotland, I think the Scots got away with it being big news whilst the footy World Cup is on.

USA is in the era where we have players in our systems for 10-20 years now. I started playing at 16 in 2004. We now have the MLR (Major League Rugby) We've taken Union very seriously over the past decade to develop youth programs and high level camps. I was losing my mind during this game. 7s success started the itch, now it's 15s time!

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

On 2/26/2019 at 9:15 AM, tronic44 said:

It was the best sport in earth until we lost to Wales at the weekend 😄😔

Yeah, we lost that rather than Wales winning it. Probably a good thing being it Rugby World Cup year. They need to keep focused and be aware complacency can happen.

Different side second half after looking unbeatable in that first half.

So apparently Rugby League had a special weekend of events over at Liverpool FC ground Anfield.

Journalists from The Sun who turned up to cover the event were not allowed into the ground.

The Sun is now boycotting ALL Rugby League coverage.

Fucking quality, and for once Liverpool actually make me smile 😄👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

16 hours ago, phil bottle said:

So apparently Rugby League had a special weekend of events over at Liverpool FC ground Anfield.

Journalists from The Sun who turned up to cover the event were not allowed into the ground.

The Sun is now boycotting ALL Rugby League coverage.

Fucking quality, and for once Liverpool actually make me smile 😄👍

I never understood rugby league. I played a handful of matches but it was all of the parts of rugby I loved that are missing in league. However, I will say that until our elite rugby programs took off here in the States that League was the best form of the sport to bridge the cap for Americans who love the NFL to get into Rugby. 

MLR is doing amazingly here and I'm happy Union is gaining popularity. 

I never understood rugby league. I played a handful of matches but it was all of the parts of rugby I loved that are missing in league. However, I will say that until our elite rugby programs took off here in the States that League was the best form of the sport to bridge the cap for Americans who love the NFL to get into Rugby. 

MLR is doing amazingly here and I'm happy Union is gaining popularity. 

I know what you mean, I was taught Rugby Union and not League, so I'm more at home with Union. 

It is much more closer to NFL. Particularly the 5 attempts to move forward before having to relinquish possession.

I'd say League is the tougher game requiring higher levels of fitness, it's also a more exciting game to watch as there's much less starting and stopping.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I know what you mean, I was taught Rugby Union and not League, so I'm more at home with Union. 

It is much more closer to NFL. Particularly the 5 attempts to move forward before having to relinquish possession.

I'd say League is the tougher game requiring higher levels of fitness, it's also a more exciting game to watch as there's much less starting and stopping.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I watch Sevens rather than League. USed to really enjoy it bakc in the day with Wigan and St. Helens dominating but its a sport that hasn't really lifted off and very heavily centred around northern England.

Sevens is a great spectacle on the other hand with the high fitness required. Some Saturday mornings are spent with the whole tournament on in the background.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I watch Sevens rather than League. USed to really enjoy it bakc in the day with Wigan and St. Helens dominating but its a sport that hasn't really lifted off and very heavily centred around northern England.

Sevens is a great spectacle on the other hand with the high fitness required. Some Saturday mornings are spent with the whole tournament on in the background.

We go to Las Vegas every year for that stage of the HSBC Sevens and it's an absolute blast. Just hanging out at UNLV's stadium for 10 hours and then going to the strip and getting hammered. 

World Cup is on in Japan at the moment.

Ireland hammered Scotland the other day and South Africa were stern opposition for the All Blacks, but not stern enough.

Wales, All Blacks, Ireland and Australia are the teams to win it but England are strong, and Japan on home turf will throw up some surprises, like last WC eh @Diddums😉

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Fuckin all blacks. Didn’t help that I was sat in a barber’s chair on Saturday afternoon when a smug fuck in an All Black shirt came and sat in the seat next to me. 

The japs are a force to be reckoned with, make no mistake. We made a grave error of underestimating them last WC and learned from it. 

It’s gonna be a good cup, for sure.

banlol.png

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

World Cup is on in Japan at the moment.

Ireland hammered Scotland the other day and South Africa were stern opposition for the All Blacks, but not stern enough.

Wales, All Blacks, Ireland and Australia are the teams to win it but England are strong, and Japan on home turf will throw up some surprises, like last WC eh @Diddums😉

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

Fuckin all blacks. Didn’t help that I was sat in a barber’s chair on Saturday afternoon when a smug fuck in an All Black shirt came and sat in the seat next to me. 

The japs are a force to be reckoned with, make no mistake. We made a grave error of underestimating them last WC and learned from it. 

It’s gonna be a good cup, for sure.

Japan has continued to grow it's sport over the past 10 years due to a very healthy influx of expats coming over there to play. I love the growth they have went through as a rugby nation.

I thought it was a solid display from England against a strong, physical Tongan side. Also lots to improve on as we gave away some almighty stupid and naive penalties throughout. Just glad to get through it with a Bonus Point as well.

Scotland just ended up being as inconsistent as they usually are. Ireland were probably there for the taking but the potential that the Scots always seem to have just faded as they made unforced errors and mistakes in Irelands 22. Ireland could build slowly so very wary of their progress.

Also, England have to be at their best against Argentina. France were very lucky they played a completely different side in the first half to the second.

Really enjoying this WC so far.

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

England managed a good run out against the USA. Didnt catch it but the score was fairly convincing.

They still made some sloppy errors but they are resolute in defense to keep them down to 7 - and that was only in the closing moments they scored. Good momentum building...

Today’s England v South Africa was a fucking awesome game (soz Didds). The autumn internationals have produce some real gold this time around, especially off the back of Ireland’s win over the All Blacks and, even though the score ran away in the end, the at times 13 man Fijians scaring the shit out of Wales, but the game today was an great one. Just a shame it wasn’t 2 years ago. Hopefully the Wales v Australia and France v New Zealand games will be as good.

They certainly had too in the first half mate because that bomb squad of yours utterly destroyed us in the second, a little surprised we got away with only one yellow but good counter attack try in the second half saved us.  You watching the Wales v Oz 1 point game?