Crucible Labs

GazzaGarratt

Crucible Labs was shipped with yesterday's update and the first time we get to see it is today when it becomes available in a separate playlist.

They said on Bungie yesterday:

As noted in our most recent Roadmap, Crucible Labs shipped with Destiny Update 1.2.1. While the content has been downloaded and installed on your platform, the feature is not yet available. PvP Design Lead Derek Carroll has some information to set proper expectations for the feature, and what to expect when it becomes available:

Derek: The Crucible team has been working hard behind the scenes to improve Destiny 2's PvP offering, and to get new content to players more quickly. With update 1.2.1, we shipped some bits that will let us turn on our experimental Crucible Labs playlist. To set your expectations somewhat, Crucible Labs isn’t a totally different game. It's not a different version of Destiny 2 hiding out on the Crucible page of the Director. It is a playlist that will feature new game modes (soon) and some different tweaks to the modes you already enjoy (starting tomorrow!). Crucible Labs is a way for our team to try stuff out in the wild, before it's "done", and solicit feedback from the community. We've never done this before, and there will be bumps in the road, but I hope you'll come along for the ride and help us make Destiny 2's Crucible even better for all Guardians.
After this, it was queried on Twitter to see if this extends to Sandbox changes. Here's the answer:

Josh Harnick added to this to explain it would be difficult to bring a different sandbox to a live environment.

I'm pretty disappointed tbh. They released this info on the day it was available so that tells me they knew it wouldn't go down well. It will still be fun if we get to play some truly different game modes but I hope its not just a control game with slightly tweaked spawns or subtle score changes.

I can now see why they called it Crucible Labs rather than Destiny PTR, so more fool me to assume it meant that (as too the thousands that thought the same).

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic