PC Game Deals/Giveaways

J4MES OX4D

^ Just Cause is a pretty cool series.  

I got into playing 2. The world is too damn big :lol: takes 5-10 minutes just to get where you need to be. It is awesome though.

Just a heads up if you missed some of the WB game Seam deals like Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, Batman: Arkham Origins, etc... http://www.bundlestars.com/ has them for what Steam was selling them for last month...

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Space Engineers 

"We are celebrating one year of Space Engineers with a Free Weekend on Steam! Starting from now, Space Engineers will be available to play for FREE until Sunday, October 12, at 1pm PST. We are also running a 40% discount off the regular price!*

If you didn’t have the chance to try the game until now, this is the best time to do or you can invite your friends to play."

http://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/619568192684770603/

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

So I hit 10 years of service on Steam today. Was thinking they'd give me a gift certificate or something. Nope just a dumb badge. :D

Has anyone played Tomb Raider 2013? Thinking about picking the GOTY edition up.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/free_weekend_weekend

page_bg_english.png

Crazy big free weekend and cut prices. (Payday 2, Company of Heroes 2, Awesomenauts, Trine 2, Blade Symphony, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Don't Starve, Grid 2, Killing Floor, Injustice: Gods Among Us.)

With my slow ass 1.8mb/sec internet I'd need the weekend just to download them :lol: Grid 2 is 10GB and that Injustice fighting game is almost 30GB!

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

STALKER Bundle £10.49

BioShock 2 £2.99

DMC 4 £3.49

Murdered: Soul Suspect £6.49

The Witcher 2 £2.99

The Long Dark £11.24

Insurgency £5.49

Outlast £5.09

Hotline Miami £1.74

Dead Space 1+2 £4.99

Spec Ops The Line £3.99

Prison Arcitect £6.59

Mortal Kombat Komplete £3.74

Amnesia Collection £6.12

State of Decay £5.09

Fear Collection £8.99

Sir You Are Being Hunted £2.99

Fallout Classic Collection £4.75

Slender The Arrival £3.49

System Shock II £1.74

Don't Starve £5.49

The Darkness II £3.49

+ Hundreds more!

Alien Isolation £15.99 on Humble Bundle just for today

Tempting, very tempting but I'm expecting better things this weekend, maybe my cheapskate wish for DarkSouls 2 on sale will come true.

Rocking the Hyacinth motif by the way, quality :D

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Steam Winter Sale starts Thursday I hear on the grapevine. If Dark Souls 2 doesn't appear G2A will get my do ray me :ph34r:

Cannot wait for the Winter Sale to kick off and to get this shitty Steam Auction they've got running out the way. I've made nearly £4 from ridding some unwanted inventory items which will go towards the sale. Valve have done a masterclass in conning people with this Gem bidding as people are placing bids on games using gems they've bought valued at significantly greater than if they bought the game with real money. Some toolio bought CSGO on the first day of the auction for £60 worth of gems :lol: I got the game in the last Winter Sale for £2.99!

Dark Souls II better finally get a reduction as it's been full price since release. 

The auction baffles me, that and the trading cards I've never really looked into properly.

If you go into your Steam profile and select 'inventory', you'll see all items that you've unlocked including profile backgrounds and emoticons. You can sell these on the Steam market for real money. A good time is now because people are buying these and converting them into gems to use in the auction. I've raised nearly £4 on unwanted rubbish that has been sitting in my inventory for years. You only get 1-3p for the small items but can get 10p+ on things like the backgrounds. It just depends what the current price is in the market and what people are expecting to pay. The market is definitely worth exploring. 

The trading cards are for crafting badges to grow your Steam rank and get certain and perks and privileges such as discounts and profile enhancements. Go to your profile and select 'badges' and you can see how many cards you have in a set based on a game and how many you require to complete them. You gain XP for crafting a badge and any trading cards you don't have can be purchased on the Steam market from other users for a pittance. 

Also the Steam market can be very lucrative. This POS weapon for CSGO sold for $295! Fuck knows why but loyal people buy this shite. The guy selling got a lucky case drop and then made a few hundred bucks for sod all. I made 12p on a gun once and thought I was the new Del Trotter :)

VnELhBFGzNnQ.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

Oh and for example; if you have a profile background for instance that currently sits at 10p in the market; you sell for 8p, it gets advertised at 10p and Valve make 2p as their cut. You can charge what you want but if you want it sold; you gotta really select the current price or even below. 

Steam Christmas Sale has started!

A few picks:

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes £11.38

Dark Souls 2 £11.09

Civ Beyond Earth £17.99

Euro Truck Simulator 2 £2.24

Flight Sim X £3.99

State of Decay £3.74

Rome II Total War Emperor Edition £7.49

1282786204310.jpg?1318992465

Time to pick up Euro Truck Simulator then...

I've snapped up Hotline Miami finally :D

Still toying with the idea of Flight Sim X but it's the vanilla version from 2006 and I'm 8 years behind in the modding scene and the game doesn't have a workshop :angry:

MGS Ground Zeroes is a very good entry-level sale price at £11.39 so I recommend that as a warm up for MGS V and there's plenty of hours of fun to be had even if it's been described as a 'demo'

*edit just seen Phil has bought MSG GZ and FSX :lol:

I had a look at MGS Ground Zeroes, decided to give it a go too ;)

Just bought it! It was great on the PS4 and I thought I'd give it a go again. I've added Flight Sim X to my library to go with Hotline Miami. Will probably pick up Dark Souls 2 and Mark of the Ninja tomorrow. My wallet has already taken a hit and we still have two weeks to go :lol: