PUBG - Xbox One Version

J4MES OX4D

11 hours ago, McNasty said:

Tried it once, definitely not my type of game with the building/jumping around the whole time.  I'll save that for Halo.  I think any of the big developers could make a game 100x better than PUBG.  I love the mechanics of the game, so give me that and good graphics with stable gameplay and that's all I could ask for.

I'll be honest. I disliked Fortnite a lot when it came out and naturally thought I would enjoy PUBG more for it's realism.

However, PUBG seems to be missing vital 'fun' injected into it. I'd love to see stats that show how much you are running versus how many seconds you're in combat.

I don't believe there's any jumping issue in Fortnite. It's just like PUBG where lots jump around in a firefight.

Whilst the building makes it stand out, I barely build and get on with the game fine. Being in a squad with FG and co-ordinating attacks depending on what weapons and location you are is a really good feeling. The graphics are pretty amazing too now its at 60fps.

I'm not a fan of Fortnite but its development is far more smoother and impressive than compared to PUBG. It being free, ideal for a variety of people and not too serious, makes it very popular and welcoming game. PUBG on the other hand has had its day - it'll still be successful going forward and be popular, but greed, lousy development and numerous issues really sour the overall experience. 

Both games have been incredibly successful but on the face of it they are nothing special - just a popular mode (that's been around for 5+ years) that is becoming more saturated by the minute. Neither game has much scope, variety or depth and if it wasn't for the virtual marketplace on PUBG or the Fortnite cosmetics; not many people would care. 

PUBG was brilliant in the first year but ironically when they 'finished' it; that's when it started going downhill whereas Fortnite goes from strength to strength as the more YouTuber's ram it down people's throats;  the more it will continue to thrive until the limited Battle Royale concept fizzles out and people move on to the next big craze whatever that is. I don't think BR will be as prominent as survival was but it's certainly had a bigger and faster impact on the industry. 

Not sure if either game is deserving of its overall success but they have both proven to be the right games at the right time even if they aren't anything all that defining. 

On 31/03/2018 at 10:18 AM, phil bottle said:

One is a building game, the other is a shooter. Both fun games I just prefer to leave my building to Minecraft ( and 7 Daysemoji12.png)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

No Phil, can't accept it's a building game. Yes, that puts it apart from PUBG but you don't need to build to win whilst I'll admit it significantly helps your defence play. It's more about co-ordinatated attacks that win games.

@J4MES OX4D I personally think that it wins over PUBG purely over the fact its free and also available on PS4 as well as Xbox.

One big thing I think the market is really wanting for some time is the ability to play with larger amount of people. Too many games are just 4 in a team max and that's not good enough when we've had larger groups on older consoles. Slight derail so I'll make a separate thread about this subject.

Back to PUBG - I haven't turned it on for quite a while and the graphics really do make a difference for choosing PC over xbox unfortunately.

Being a good builder is more important than being a good shooter.
In the same way being a cunt in GTA races is more important than being a good driver. I know Diddums kind of disproves that rule but we both know he's an awkward bastard.
So yes Lee.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 01/04/2018 at 10:41 AM, phil bottle said:

Being a good builder is more important than being a good shooter.
In the same way being a cunt in GTA races is more important than being a good driver. I know Diddums kind of disproves that rule but we both know he's an awkward bastard.
So yes Lee.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So I can build a castle with a dick on it's top that looks like @Diddums but I can't shoot for shit with a sniper so I get shot by a grey AR from a distance...and that's a good thing?! 😂😂😂

Being a prick and trolling on GTA is great fun but that definitely doesn't bring the most wins on average.

So I can build a castle with a dick on it's top that looks like [mention=1]Diddums[/mention] but I can't shoot for shit with a sniper so I get shot by a grey AR from a distance...and that's a good thing?! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Being a prick and trolling on GTA is great fun but that definitely doesn't bring the most wins on average.
It's a building game Lee, with some random shooting thrown in to give it the appearance of being a shooter.

Don't build a castle is my advice.
Maybe you need to be a builder and a town planner to do well in this game. Then when twatty comes and knocks on your door you can blow him away at short range, no shooting skill needed.

[emoji12]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Building in Fortnite BR is basically ramps to where you need to go or to get to high ground and then 3 piece tower segments straight up at the end. That's all. 
You're more hard-core than me, I at least admit that there's a bit of shooting involved[emoji41]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg