Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

I know they don't want to lose this tie and want to keep a clean sheet, but I really think Chelsea are a much better team than this, they don't need to play 3 holding midfielders...

Yes they don't have eto'o and hazard available, but they have other players that could have come here and put the tie to bed if they actually tried...

blackops2sig.jpg

Well that was an appalling semi final. I can't see how either team can be happy with a result like that. Chelsea were negative from the get go and Madrid were just plain hopeless throughout. Chelsea parked the bus and wasted about 15 minutes of game time and Athletico just hoofed the ball into the box to a player who clearly couldn't head the ball to save his life. Diego Costa looked fucking shit. £40m? My arse. 

The second leg will probably be a completely different affair and it better be because that was a waste of an evening. 

So here's a question for y'all. When Chelsea come to Liverpool on Sunday will they be able to park the bus and stop the likes of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling? Or will they try and play a more open game of football?

Oh they will park the bus first and foremost... Liverpools forwards have a lot more movement in them than they have been facing recently, especially tonight... But if anyone can stop SaSaS then it's Chelsea...

I'm pretty much on the fence, It's even for me.

Chelsea's defence is great - liverpools attack is great

Chelsea's attack is hit and miss - liverpools defence is shaky when under pressure

blackops2sig.jpg

So here's a question for y'all. When Chelsea come to Liverpool on Sunday will they be able to park the bus and stop the likes of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling? Or will they try and play a more open game of football?

Chelsea seem to be public transport parking experts in Europe but in the Prem, they are more determined for points and progression rather than goal permutations in knockout football. They need to win so they have to go for it pretty much. I'm looking forward to this game and Chelsea have a habit of making football really boring but I hope it will be another classic encounter from these two sides.

Jose says he will be resting the players who will play against atletico, when Chelsea play Liverpool the weekend...

Cech is out for the season and terry is out of the Liverpool game as it stands... Slightly weakens the defence, so far the odds are turning in liverpools favour...

Looking forward to tonight's semi final, I think we may see a few more goal opportunities with the attacking talent on shit today, really hope bale plays, apparently he's got the flu...

blackops2sig.jpg

The Liverpool Chelsea game is gonna be very tense, and I agree, it seems like it'll be attack vs defence. I just don't see how with our current scoring record Liverpool will be stopped. We are lackluster in defence so Chelsea are going to have to take the chances they get.

Hopefully Bayern vs Real will be more exciting than the garbage I watched last night...

I hope Chelsea were watching... You can defend well and shut out the opposition at the same time as creating chances for yourselves.

Good game, bayern lacked creativity for me, possession in the right area but after a while getting frustrated they just seemed it get bored and cross it in without any thought to it...

blackops2sig.jpg

Great win for Real. Think they'll win the whole thing. Solid performance and a clean sheet along with a goal advantage. I can see them grabbing a goal in Munich which could be the killer. Bayern didn't wow me against Man Utd and no team defends this title so I think Madrid will be in the final. 

From the BBC on the hunt for David Moyes replacement

"That would seem to suggest Van Gaal, out of contract with Holland after the World Cup in the summer, may emerge as the most likely candidate, although there have been reports that some senior players are concerned about his strict approach."

Poor loves having to work hard, train hard and for such a pittance! :rolleyes:

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

They were alright today... Not sure if Giggs looks right in a suit though... Romney with a nice couple today, let's hope he goes on a run and keep his confidence high for the next couple of games, with less than 50 days until Brazil it can only be a good thing to have our strikers scoring goals and looking good...

blackops2sig.jpg

Still not sure about the Chelsea line up but we know Cech, Terry, Ramires are out. Mourinho also traveled separately to Anfield because he is 'unwell'. Total bullshit; he's bricking it or it's some stupid mind games!  

Who ever loses out of Sunderland v Cardiff is down and if it's a draw; they both may go...