Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

I completely agree with you Jonny but it must be hard when making that choice, especially when the team you support comes and tries to snatch you up. Also i suppose we want our players playing in the top competitions, so we want them in the Champions League not just getting a run around in the league cup.

I did a lot of reading into football in our country yesterday and was left speechless by what the term "home grown" means. When the FA talks about having a rule that you must have a certain number of "home grown" players in your, we tend to think that's a good thing and it is but "home grown" is a term used to make us look like dicks. 

Home Grown = * A Home Grown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21). Players under 21 are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad.

So basically a team could have 5 home grown players and not one of them could actually play for a country in the UK! Another issue is they say they have to at least have 5 "home grown" players in their squad, well from what i've seen from the squads this year, most teams are taking that as if they're only allowed 5. Case in point is the Arsenal squad i posted above, 5 "home grown" players and only 3 of them can play for a country in the UK. The team i've seen with the most "home grown" players is Cardiff (i haven't look through all the squads as bbc took ages to put them out), they have 15 "home grown" players in their squad and they're actually people who could play for a country in the UK.

Anger face isn't quite over yet but i'll stop there for now....i'm sure i'll rant some more in a bit. Also England tonight and Lambert gets a start which is good to see! Please play as a team guys!

How it affects the leagues/national team is evident when you compare Germany to England. Germany have spent years and years growing their league and homegrown players and it is seen when you look at the number of German players within the squads.

Kia Ora. 

So what are people's thoughts for the England game tomorrow night? I think we're going to struggle without a internationally recognised striker leading the line. Much as Lambert has impressed so far he's had other people to help him out. I don't really think a draw is a bad result for us. It still leaves us clear at the top with our fate very much in our own hands still.

Plus whatever happened to Crouch playing for England? He seems to be a bit of a forgotten man. As I remember his England scoring track record isn't too shabby at all

Since Crouch stopped playing week in week out, i think he's been kept out of peoples minds (no idea how) 

I see tomorrow night being insanely hard for us, i still don't think we're a team. Still too many players not playing anywhere near their standard and with all the injuries! Like you say, a draw would be good for us.

I agree about the team part. I just thought a call up for Crouch would've made a bit of sense even if he doesn't start. He's used to the pressure of England and would be a good card to call if Lambert seems like he's struggling

He does have a great record or England but he has been on a very dry spell of late for stoke...

Is Defoe injured?

Personaly I think people are preparing themselves for dissapointment or failure against Ukraine, sort of already making excuses... Really there is no reason why they should cause England any trouble if you compared the teams play by player...

As we all know England tend to make a meal out of anyone, but in still confident of victory, a comfortable victory at that...

blackops2sig.jpg

We should beat them, we should beat a lot of teams though. We don't even play well against the lesser countries, I didn't think we played well against Moldova tbh and the Ukraine have a much stronger team.

I'm liking the new players we're allowing to play, in a few years I think we'll be really strong. It's either that or the English talent will have less time to play for club so won't be decent for country.

Go England!

I wish sturridge was fit, the form he is in...

People like gerrard will really turn up I think, it's his last chance... He will put everything into the rest of this qualifying campaign and next summers tournament I think... Lampard the same...

blackops2sig.jpg

I hope you're right. Lampard and Gerrard are the 2 players that I always wished could've transferred they're League form for country. Because on form they are probably up there as some of the best in the world.

With that said, i'm looking forward to seeing Wilshire grow into being the big man for England though! And I want to see him get more and more game time