Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

I only really wanted City to win as I had them and Chelsea in a double. Seriously, Aguero overhits a simple pass to Silve to make it 3-2 and then one of the best defenders in the world turns in to Bambi.

Great game.

I now hate Man City.

Great semi final in the FA Cup today; Hull came from twice behind to beat Sheff Utd 5-3! 

I bet Liverpool fuck up against Norwich now; probably lose 1-0 or something :lol:

A few weeks back I would have agreed with that...

But now after today's result and how close Liverpool actually are, I don't think they will mess it up now, for me it's down to the Chelsea game only...

blackops2sig.jpg

I should also mention i was lucky enough to get a ticket to the semi final on Saturday, was amazing that it went down to penalties but Arsenal fans really let themselves down. 80% of the stadium were Arsenal fans, which seemed really weird baring in mind it's a semi final but that's beside the point. The whole stadium booed every single Wigan player who stood up to take a penalty, just a shame that this is the kind of sportsmanship you get in football now a days.

Honestly a few boo's here and there wouldn't have been too bad but it was literally the whole stadium.

Got epic seats for the game, will post some pictures tomorrow at some point.

I should also mention i was lucky enough to get a ticket to the semi final on Saturday, was amazing that it went down to penalties but Arsenal fans really let themselves down. 80% of the stadium were Arsenal fans, which seemed really weird baring in mind it's a semi final but that's beside the point. The whole stadium booed every single Wigan player who stood up to take a penalty, just a shame that this is the kind of sportsmanship you get in football now a days.

Honestly a few boo's here and there wouldn't have been too bad but it was literally the whole stadium.

Got epic seats for the game, will post some pictures tomorrow at some point.

Agree! Well I suppose Arsenal were the underdogs against the epic Wigan Athletic; the holders of the FA Cup of course and it was their big day out after all :lol:

Hull City fans were a bit cocky too - apparently Sheffield United sold their 37,000 allocation and Hull sent back 5,000 unsold because their fans 'were saving themselves for the final' 

The cup final is a bit of a joke though; both teams usually only receive about 19,000 each and the rest (70,000) is all prawn sandwich munching corporate wankers and toffee-nose champagne drinking tossers. It's a joke because the real fans who go to every game in the competition then miss out on the final. Arsenal season ticket holders will probably get one ticket each and only half of them actually stand a chance to getting a ticket.  

Holy shit something's actually being done about the financial fair play shiz! Although if it's just a fine then it's pointless, pretty sure any team found guilty of this wasn't allowed to play European football?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/10766475/Manchester-City-to-be-made-to-pay-a-high-price-for-spending-spree-under-Uefa-Financial-Fair-Play-rules.html

and in other news, if you stop a goal from going in, even when you shouldn't be on the pitch, it's a yellow card (wtf??)

Man City should be stripped of the League Cup as punishment :lol:

It's a bit late in the day for UEFA to start dishing out a punishment. They should have been sanctioned when they sold the naming rights for the City of Manchester Stadium (which belongs to the council) for £400m to their sister company to cover any expenditures so they weren't operating at a loss. The stadium itself is barely worth that sort of money. It's just blatant money laundering between companies and fiddling. Chelsea got away with it for a decade and bought every trophy possibly. They were on the verge of bankruptcy over 10 years ago and just a piss poor channel 5 team but Abramovic's funny money bought them everything possible. 

Chelsea will get over looked because they spent all their money before the FFP came into play, which i suppose is fair enough. All the funny money in the Premiership and any other league is all down to governments, they've made their money way before they decided to buy into football. I suppose if a government can't find them guilty then it'll be hard for UEFA or any one else to say no.

City should be banned from European competition, they should stick to exactly what they said and back out like a bunch of bitches. If they get fined and nothing else then it's a joke! The whole naming rights was a joke also, i don't get how you'd even go about doing that without the proper permission. 

I know the guy who's trying to buy Leeds has had a bit of a hard time of late, i know you've got to pass a test before you can take over a club. No idea what the test it about though?

I know the guy who's trying to buy Leeds has had a bit of a hard time of late, i know you've got to pass a test before you can take over a club. No idea what the test it about though?

He failed the 'fit and proper' test, appealed and then miraculously won his appeal and the takeover! It's a bit of a joke. I remember a few years ago Notts County nearly went bankrupt after a season because the bent owners decided to bring in Sven Goran Eriksson and pay Sol Campbell £70,000 a week when they were a League 2 club! County went £5m in the red and the owners just transferred the debt from themselves to the club and walked away whilst the FA did fuck all! Don't even get me started on Portsmouth :lol:

The FA absolutely love big money in the Premiership. They will happily see clubs hit the brink for the sake of how much dosh is floating about. They want the Prem to be the best league in the world and they assume that more money=better clubs. UEFA is really clamping down to it now though because our league is out of control. Sky high ticket prices because of the wages and clubs getting deeper into trouble because of the rising running costs yet other leagues in Europe are run flawlessly. The FA couldn't give a fuck about England's future and young talent because with money available; clubs can just poach some foreigner with their Arab money.

I hope UEFA stand strong and repercussions are met because the FA are a bunch of money grabbing wankers. Chelsea may have started flashing the cash before the rules came into fruition but they breached them on countless occasions in recent years but the FA won't say anything because they don't want to upset the Abramovic apple cart.   

He failed the 'fit and proper' test, appealed and then miraculously won his appeal and the takeover! It's a bit of a joke. I remember a few years ago Notts County nearly went bankrupt after a season because the bent owners decided to bring in Sven Goran Eriksson and pay Sol Campbell £70,000 a week when they were a League 2 club! County went £5m in the red and the owners just transferred the debt from themselves to the club and walked away whilst the FA did fuck all! Don't even get me started on Portsmouth :lol:

The FA absolutely love big money in the Premiership. They will happily see clubs hit the brink for the sake of how much dosh is floating about. They want the Prem to be the best league in the world and they assume that more money=better clubs. UEFA is really clamping down to it now though because our league is out of control. Sky high ticket prices because of the wages and clubs getting deeper into trouble because of the rising running costs yet other leagues in Europe are run flawlessly. The FA couldn't give a fuck about England's future and young talent because with money available; clubs can just poach some foreigner with their Arab money.

I hope UEFA stand strong and repercussions are met because the FA are a bunch of money grabbing wankers. Chelsea may have started flashing the cash before the rules came into fruition but they breached them on countless occasions in recent years but the FA won't say anything because they don't want to upset the Abramovic apple cart.   

/rant

Hang on...... there, fixed that for ya!! ;)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

The FA couldn't give a fuck about England's future and young talent because with money available; clubs can just poach some foreigner with their Arab money.

It's funny you should say that, because they're implementing a few new rules into youth football for next season in an attempt to improve the quality of our young players.

Firstly, next season our league is being forced to cut down to 5 a side from this seasons 7 a side. They're hoping it will mean kids try and do tight passing instead of traditional "English football". This does however mean we have to split our team in two due to the fact we have 12 players and there's no other way of getting everyone play time.

Secondly, this season we were banned from allowing younger players to play for teams in an older age group. I disagree with this one completely. We have a lad who is wanted by Luton, Northampton, MK Dons and Watford. I mean he just dances around players for fun. Instead of us allowing him to be challenged in an older age group however, The F.A thinks he will improve more by making fools out of other kids his age.

Anyway, just a bit of info  :lol:

It's funny you should say that, because they're implementing a few new rules into youth football for next season in an attempt to improve the quality of our young players.

Firstly, next season our league is being forced to cut down to 5 a side from this seasons 7 a side. They're hoping it will mean kids try and do tight passing instead of traditional "English football". This does however mean we have to split our team in two due to the fact we have 12 players and there's no other way of getting everyone play time.

Secondly, this season we were banned from allowing younger players to play for teams in an older age group. I disagree with this one completely. We have a lad who is wanted by Luton, Northampton, MK Dons and Watford. I mean he just dances around players for fun. Instead of us allowing him to be challenged in an older age group however, The F.A thinks he will improve more by making fools out of other kids his age.

Anyway, just a bit of info  :lol:

The problem is not at grassroots but at club level and that is where they need rule changes particularly when it comes to foreign players. They've made bland permutations regarding how many home grown players you have to include in your matchday squad but it simply isn't enough. The Premiership is represented by 68.5% foreign imports and is growing at a cringeworthy level and I fear it will just alienate younger prospective footballers, some of which have been on the books at clubs for over a decade only to be cut loose. The Championship has breached the 50% mark which is a massive worry to and comparatively despite other leagues growing with overseas talent; the core identity of the Prem and the money is destroying the image of the league.

They've been investing in bottom level for a long time but the FA need to tighten restrictions without UEFA doing it for them. The FA need to make a bold move for the sake of the national and international game.

Here is the stats on foreign players

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/default/gastarbeiterstartseite/basics.html

I agree that major changes need to be made in top-flight football, however in youth football our players are still miles behind those elsewhere. It's our attitude as a country. Kids would rather play FIFA than real football and parents often can't be arsed to bring their kids to football, let alone stay and support them. If you look at some of the top footballing countries in the world like Spain, school finishes around 2:00pm then the rest of the day many kids will not just play football, but train with their club, 5 days a week. We're lucky to get our kids doing an hour a week's exercise. It's laughable really. 

I agree that major changes need to be made in top-flight football, however in youth football our players are still miles behind those elsewhere. It's our attitude as a country. Kids would rather play FIFA than real football and parents often can't be arsed to bring their kids to football, let alone stay and support them. If you look at some of the top footballing countries in the world like Spain, school finishes around 2:00pm then the rest of the day many kids will not just play football, but train with their club, 5 days a week. We're lucky to get our kids doing an hour a week's exercise. It's laughable really. 

This is why E-Sports is not a fucking SPORT in my opinion :lol:

I think we just have to accept that we'll be on par with Scotland soon in terms of player calibre!

I definitely agree that youth football needs a major overhaul on how it is run and the general attitudes this country has. After all the Olympics baloney from two years ago and how they wanted to change people's thinking about Sport as a whole and how it should be invested in as part of education; all that has fallen flat just like the hype. The UK needs to get a grip along with the FA and try and sell football as not just a means of a career but a fun and rewarding past time. I used to play youth football for years and if it wasn't for booze, fags and birds; I'd be still doing it 3 times a week. I'm past it now but the way football and sport has fallen short and the internet is the way forward is a bit depressing to comprehend. 

It's a good thing Man Utd are within the thresholds of FFP, otherwise their participation in the Europa League next year would be in serious doubt.

I think the Europa League is punching a bit above their weight. I wonder if the Intertoto Cup still exists? That maybe ideal; if not, I'm sure they'll reignite the Anglo Italian Cup :lol:

Sorry Rich ;)