Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

There would be such a stink if courtois was the star of the tie, and can you imagine if the tie went to penalties and courtois wins it for atletico...

will be a better tie if he can play, atletico will need a good keeper, if Chelsea decide to come out and play some football that is...

blackops2sig.jpg

If Chelsea didn't stipulate in the loan contract that the keeper couldn't play against them, then Chelsea surely have to accept Athletico can field him unless he refuses to play against his parent club?

It sounds like they did, UEFA are saying they can't help Chelsea enforce that obligation.

It sounds like they did, UEFA are saying they can't help Chelsea enforce that obligation.

Just read that Chelsea would allow him to play against them at any time in the season but Althletico would have to pay a fee for his services. Why Chelsea just didn't put an initial clause in the contract in the first place outlining that he can't play against them is beyond me! 

It's a bit of a bizarre situation as this kinda thing doesn't crop up like this. I think UEFA are a bit dumbfounded by it too. I'd probably side with Chelsea on this one as he's their player and they did put the deal in the contract in the first place. UEFA who clearly scrutinised player registrations and eligibility before the Champions League started must have been aware of such a deal and the possibility that it could come into fruition so they should have acted right away if they didn't approve of the terms before both teams even started their respected campaigns.