Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

I'm happy enough with Southgate and think he deserves the world cup which to me is where he should be assessed, a lot of the recent results have not been great admittedly but you can see he is also looking ahead and if we disrupt it now we are back to square 1.

Being a Birmingham City fan at the moment has really been tough over recent years but it appears like we are on the verge of being sold and there is a lot of speculation as to who will end up owning us and with Bassini being the front runner, who is really behind / backing him. Suspicions are that it is David Sullivan at West Ham (as he is in the process of selling West Ham currently) which would be interesting as he left us previously and we found ourselves in a world of hurt. On the flip side our fans blame him for our current plight so it will take a lot for him to win them over.

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:
_126231907_manutd12.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Erik ten Hag endures a nightmare first Premier League game in charge of Manchester United as they lose at home to Brighton.

LOL! 

It's too easy to laugh at this... Looked like they had the ref on the books and they still lost 😂

Man United looked so poor. Funnily enough Liverpool or Man City didn't look great either, but they did enough to get some points. Happy for Potter as he should be getting way more plaudits for making that Brighton team a force to beat and look really comfortable at Old Trafford. Kulusevski looks even better this year than year too for Spurs. Defo a top 4 pick already but a little early to say how high they can get by the end of the season.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Man United looked so poor. Funnily enough Liverpool or Man City didn't look great either, but they did enough to get some points. Happy for Potter as he should be getting way more plaudits for making that Brighton team a force to beat and look really comfortable at Old Trafford. Kulusevski looks even better this year than year too for Spurs. Defo a top 4 pick already but a little early to say how high they can get by the end of the season.

You forgot to mention the only team on full points in the Championship 😉

Personally I'm happy with things at Tottenham for the foreseeable future. Will be an interesting season for sure.

Feel sorry for Utd fans, I hear they're after Marko the racist now too...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

13 hours ago, phil bottle said:

You forgot to mention the only team on full points in the Championship 😉

Yeah because when its this good, I don't want to rock the boat as i'm sure we'll have rocky days ahead still! 😅

13 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Personally I'm happy with things at Tottenham for the foreseeable future. Will be an interesting season for sure.

I don't blame you. Conte has probably one of the best chances i've seen since Poch was there. He's even got Dier playing really well for him too.

Should be an automatic relegation losing this badly

_126467120_liverpool-index.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Liverpool equal the biggest victory in Premier League history as they thrash newly promoted Bournemouth 9-0 at Anfield.

14 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Should be an automatic relegation losing this badly

_126467120_liverpool-index.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Liverpool equal the biggest victory in Premier League history as they thrash newly promoted Bournemouth 9-0 at Anfield.

9-0 offft that's tough. 

Both managers that lost 9-0 this past week got sacked the day after. Useless fact of the day everyone! 😄

Looking forward to seeing what Transfer Deadline Day will bring today.

England relegated from the Nations League meaning we’ll be playing Ibiza and Jersey next time😂

5 games without a win, haven’t scored from open play in 7 hours and our worst run in 22 years - just under 3 months from the World Cup!

Harry Kane cannot run the line solo - he spends most of the game chasing shadows and getting knackered. If it wasn’t for the hair and branding, Grealish would still be a championship player and Phil Foden along with many other top club players are completely ineffective at international level. We seem to have no strategy or proven lineup now and it’s getting very concerning. Can’t score, struggle to create and players supposedly valued at £100m+ getting rings run round by 35 year olds or ones barely turned professional. It’s absolutely diabolical quality of football and it’s just so clear as day what needs to be tweaked in terms of the system and lineup. 

England 3-3 Germany after coming from 2-0 down thanks to two howlers from Maguire. We played well for about 15 second half minutes when we had nothing to lose but failed to shore up when we got ahead and Pope made possibly a career-ending error to cap it off.

Our defence is horrendous so we need to focus on pure attacking football especially with the players we’ve got. Foden needs to be utilised better or dropped altogether and we really can’t persist with Maguire if he’s going to play that woefully against a German B side. 

Bellingham is looking really good at least but we are still in a very precarious position going into the world cup with no more international fixtures left. If Maguire remains dropped by United then he seriously can’t play for England in Qatar.

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

The break in domestic football next month is going to be really weird. Just hope Spurs win their remaining games before the WC begins 🙈

I think it will do us a favour hopefully as we seem to be so bad in Jan and Feb that the break should mean the team is refreshed and ready to go! I definitely think we'll see a different type of table come end of May next year.

And Haaland, for the record, is a joke. Yes, he scores tap ins and easy goals. But thats it - he makes them look incredibly easy. Plus he seems to be partially in a mold like the old strikers as he can handle far more direct football than all the tikki-takka football....although he can live with that too it seems so far.

Nice to see a striker in our league that may also be breaking 30+ goals like we used to get back in the 90s.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

And Haaland, for the record, is a joke. Yes, he scores tap ins and easy goals. But thats it - he makes them look incredibly easy. Plus he seems to be partially in a mold like the old strikers as he can handle far more direct football than all the tikki-takka football....although he can live with that too it seems so far.

Nice to see a striker in our league that may also be breaking 30+ goals like we used to get back in the 90s.

His link-up play and pace is proving a huge threat and he always seems to be in the right place at the right time. He's shredding the Prem even harder than Germany so far which is pretty crazy! Be interesting to see if he can maintain this level along with City as a whole. Also hope England can get the best out of Foden for the World Cup.