Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Mad scenes

_120405062_brazil-argentina.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Brazil and Argentina's World Cup qualifier is abandoned after Brazilian health officials walked onto the pitch minutes after kick off to object to the participation of three Argentine players.

Bit late for Brazil to be caring about Covid protocols though ain't it?

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Mad scenes

_120405062_brazil-argentina.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Brazil and Argentina's World Cup qualifier is abandoned after Brazilian health officials walked onto the pitch minutes after kick off to object to the participation of three Argentine players.

Bit late for Brazil to be caring about Covid protocols though ain't it?

Absolutely ridiculous, but yeah I think that psychopath Bolsonaro sacks health ministers on a weekly basis, so not surprising 🙃

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

An interesting viewpoint... IMG_20210907_100232.thumb.jpg.017017de276b8ccc6a004de9dd5f160a.jpg

Ah, Rod Liddle eh. First things first, let's not pretend this chap cares about racism or the death of migrant workers. But he's happy to use these things to put forward his own agenda. He hates the kneeing and this is his privileged method of shouting at the sky.

He is of course right in what he says. We all know the WC in Qatar was allocated via corruption and the people running it in Qatar are monsters. But has there been a WC free of corruption, ever? In South Africa and Brazil they cleared away the homeless and put political agitators in prison or house arrest. And more. Qatar is nothing new. 

I see more footballers get involved with their local communities these days, which is one positive thing they can do to back up the kneeing gesture but they need to do a lot more if they're really serious about it. These issues go a lot deeper into our society and how we interact with one another and its a shame the likes of Rod can only communicate via cowardice.

Yep @Plumbers Crack deffo an interesting one 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

An interesting viewpoint... IMG_20210907_100232.thumb.jpg.017017de276b8ccc6a004de9dd5f160a.jpg

If we don't turn up then we would likely get heavily penalised, also slated for depriving another team of a place and it would also bugger up any future prospects of hosting the competition. We'd also get called into question about why we didn't say anything for over a decade. We've kinda put ourselves out there as the poster-nation for virtue signalling in the last 18 months and it's great to see so many positives on and off the pitch but the footballing world in general would just see a level of hypocrisy and an 11th hour woke publicity stunt. 

There's just too much money, contracts and red tape for us to pull off any ballsy move or do something that would make a difference which other nations would support and they are also just as much tied.  We've already shamefully bent the knee for UEFA against government guidelines and accepted blackmail over the well-being of the wider public in Euro 2020 so just imagine what FIFA would do to us at our own game and how well we would bow to them if needs be. 

FIFA should've been obliterated years ago after the Blatter and co scandal but it's just the same suits worn by other clowns. 

Police investigating Crystal Palace fans for telling the truth😂

skynews-crystal-palace-newcastle_5557419
NEWS.SKY.COM

There has been widespread condemnation after the controversial go-ahead was given for a Saudi-led consortium to take control of the Magpies in a £300m deal, despite the regime's human rights record.

Full time 

Man Utd 0-5 Liverpool

6 bookings, 1 red card, disallowed goal 

The only blessing is that being 5-0 down after 50 and playing 30 minutes with 10 men, they were lucky it wasn't 0-7. 10 years and a day to the day United lost 6-1 at home to City too!

That's Ole done for surely - the squad they have should be pushing for the title and it looked like they'd do that after hammering Leeds at the start. I think they've only netted 2pts out of 15 or something crazy!

Looks like Solskjaer intends to stay so the match next week against equally woeful Spurs will be very interesting. Nuno is probably on more thin ice than realised but I can't see Spurs offing another manager. 

Man Utd do have some great players but the squad composition is a total mess with so many attack-minded players, no stable midfield and a dreadful defence. It's one of the most unbalanced teams you will ever see and it was evident more than ever yesterday that it will not work against any organised outfit. They can powerhouse there way through weaker teams but United will struggle against even average sides with their current setup. There doesn't seem to be any real organisation or individual instructions and this will be the ultimate downfall of Ole and the gulf between him and the other top managers in the league is just insane. Any confidence restored in Maguire and Shaw after the summer is long gone too. 

Just now, Dan94 said:

Nuno just needs to go. It's not going to get any better, so its pointless even carrying on. 

Never felt so disconnected with Spurs.

Trust me, the George Graham regime was on another level of shitness😁

But yeah, not fun times at Spurs right now🙃

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Trust me, the George Graham regime was on another level of shitness😁

But yeah, not fun times at Spurs right now🙃

Even though he won silverware, Juande Ramos was an abomination for me - I remember going to WHL when we were bottom of the league in 2008-09 and we played out a nail-biting 2-0 win over Bolton after this regime was over. Felt like we won the cup again that day! We had a string of humiliating results against fairly weak sides after a strong pre-season. Cracking transformation under Harry though! 

I also hated the Andre Villa-Boas era although he made some decent signings that Poch would take on. The attractiveness of the football was mortifying to watch IMO though.  Nuno is absolute wank so far - no consistency and the squad seems really disinterested and weak. It's crazy to see how stable West Ham are under Moyes. 

Whoever wins out of Spurs and United will lose in the long run though manager-wise. 

Spurs 0-3 Man Utd 

Absolutely pathetic result and performance by the look of things - Spurs now 2pts behind Arsenal despite having a 9pt head start. Also statistically one of the worst teams in the league and it defies belief they are in the top half. Nuno has to go and I think a total ownership change is needed else the club will go nowhere in that stadium. 

The team is a complete catastrophe and needs a major overhaul.

Starting to get some tasty results now. Really is much closer than it looks, even though Chelsea are looking quite strong of late. Brighton look like the surprise package this year and deservedly so. Hoping they can hold on to a European place by the end.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

13 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm hearing Nuno will be sacked within the next 2 hours. 

I really don't like how its got to this point but at the same time its the horrible harsh reality of managing in the premier league. They aren't looking great at all and many of their previous top players just don't look like anything like they used to.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

34 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I really don't like how its got to this point but at the same time its the horrible harsh reality of managing in the premier league. They aren't looking great at all and many of their previous top players just don't look like anything like they used to.

He was definitely a bad fit and at the same time he was taking on a poisoned chalice essentially. There are a few players who are also heavily responsible and the board have to take a look at some of their signings. It would appear that a lot hinges on whether they can get Fonseca in over Newcastle.  Just imagine if Nuno gets the boot and then Ryan Mason steps in again! In reality, Spurs should not have ridded Mourinho at the time but that was on just on many bad decisions made by the club in the last two and a half years. 

Nuno announcement expected today, lot of noise from Italian media that Conte will be offered the job again with significant backing from Levy in January (lol), although a few Spurs journos are saying it could be Conte using the Italian media as a mouthpiece to try and force Uniteds hand.

Either way, Conte would be an unreal coup. Why he'd actually want to come is a completely different matter 🙃😄