Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

I switched off the Spurs v Fulham game at half-time with an undeserved 1 nil lead. I knew what was coming and couldn't be arsed. We used 9 defensive players, plus Son and Kane at home against a team who can't score, missing their only decent striker on the night too. Great stuff.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I switched off the Spurs v Fulham game at half-time with an undeserved 1 nil lead. I knew what was coming and couldn't be arsed. We used 9 defensive players, plus Son and Kane at home against a team who can't score, missing their only decent striker on the night too. Great stuff.

Fulham also had barely any notice to play and went in completely unprepared. Spurs would probably be top if it wasn't for silly results like these with crucial dropped points especially at home. 

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I think all teams hit a lul through the season. At least you're picking up points still and in fairness, Fulham's record with the big guy Tosin at the back is pretty decent when he's played - he was at loan at Blackburn and is an absolute steal for £2million plus sell on clause.

The fact you're still in for 4 trophies says its a great season so far still, especially when the games are crunched into a tighter period. Might need to sacrifice the Quadruple for just a Treble. Disappointing but I think you'd be okay with that 😎

_116561467_ozil.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Mesut Ozil says he will be a "Gunner for life" after completing his free transfer from Arsenal to Fenerbahce.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

42 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Lampard just got sacked🙄😁

Not surprising really. Whilst I don't believe the £200m he spent (LOL) was all his own signings, they should be doing a lot better than what they are regardless. He had a good first season when they had nothing to lose after being under transfer embargo restrictions but they're actually doing significantly worse since then having spent all that money. Timo Werner cost £47m and he's only bagged one goal in 16 games and that came against the mighty Morecambe in the cup! Lampard has only proven that he's not a big game manager and has struggled against the top 6 sides. It was a too big of a jump for him. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Not surprising really. Whilst I don't believe the £200m he spent (LOL) was all his own signings, they should be doing a lot better than what they are regardless. He had a good first season when they had nothing to lose after being under transfer embargo restrictions but they're actually doing significantly worse since then having spent all that money. Timo Werner cost £47m and he's only bagged one goal in 16 games and that came against the mighty Morecambe in the cup! Lampard has only proven that he's not a big game manager and has struggled against the top 6 sides. It was a too big of a jump for him. 

The jump may have been too big for him but i'm getting really fed up of the instant success pressure that is put on managers today. Gone are the days where you can just buy a squad to win the title - you have to get the balance in the team to work and that can take more than a few seasons. It was only unsurprising to me because it was Chelsea but i stupidly hoped that Abramovich had started to change a little. Even winning a few things there doesn't keep you safe these days.

Its more a case of be careful what you wish for. How has he not worked out that there is a trend in removing managers every year isn't healthy for his club. There is no other clearer trend as to why Chelsea aren't doing as well as they should.

7 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Better win those games in hand then, Phil!

Next three league opponents:

Liverpool 

Chelsea 

Manchester City

Let's see how that goes🤔😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Spurs lose to Brighton and Bale was very ineffective in place of Kane. Another Mourinho shitshow after a promising period of the season. Now just two points ahead of Arsenal and two behind West Ham albeit with a game in hand on both. Only way Jose will get out of this is by winning at least two out of 3 remaining trophies. 

15 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Only way Jose will get out of this is by winning at least two out of 3 remaining trophies. 

People will still say its been a failure of a season.

Gutted for Spurs, as Kane is crucial for them. However this is the time for people that have been fairly quiet, such as Dele Alli, to take some of the workload and show just how quality they really are. In fairness to Jose, he was right in his post-match interview. It was disappointing but all teams have blips and dips in the road.

I'd hope for Spurs sake that the dip can end now so February they can kick on and bring some results home. The Premiership is definitely going down to the wire this time round.

Funnily enough Transfer Deadline Day today and looks like we've secured the top 2 centre-back youngsters on loan for the rest of the season. For all the hate that stupid Rovers fans give Tony Mowbray, we're now being plaudited as the best place to bring up young British talent due to the way we play. We're back to 3 points off the playoffs again but weirdly people will still say that not good enough.

I'm really happy with how Blackburn is now. We'd all love to be in the Premier League but they're a joy to show most weeks and its nice to know we are pretty stable in this horrible, uncertain times for professional clubs.

4 red cards last night weren't there? I missed the games due to GT Sport night but I swear Arsenal were going to go 2-0 up from a penalty and next thing I knew they were 2-1 down and their keeper was walking off the pitch!

Rich @tronic44, you really should've put a bet on 9-0!!

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

4 red cards last night weren't there? I missed the games due to GT Sport night but I swear Arsenal were going to go 2-0 up from a penalty and next thing I knew they were 2-1 down and their keeper was walking off the pitch!

Rich @tronic44, you really should've put a bet on 9-0!!

Considering there were only 4 games, it was a bloody entertaining night of football in the end. Arsenal were cruising and could've been 3-0 up but one mistake deep into first half injury time changed the game. Leno's red card was funny as he slapped the ball out for a thrown in whilst 30 yards off his line. Southampton will have no complaints with the red as it was a shocking challenge on top of them already missing 9 players and having only won 1 in 8 prior. WBA and Big Sam look like they are down and just when Newcastle think they've turned a corner they go and lose at home to Palace.

Southampton losing 9-0 two years in a row is hilarious though!  

As it stands, Man City have done a 20 point swing on Tottenham in just 10 games. Spurs were 6 points clear of City and now they are 14 behind if the Chelsea result remains as it is. 70mins gone and Spurs have had two shots compared to Chelsea's 13 with just one on target. Didn't realise Jose parked the bus even when his team was losing..