Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

On 10/24/2020 at 11:19 PM, ChaosGladiator said:

19 year old Traore with 5 of those 13. Good old Klaas-Jan with two at the age of 37 😂 Quality

I did wonder how old he must be lol fair play to him.

Your lot must be pretty sick of Vardy, though I like the look of that Party guy.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

50 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I did wonder how old he must be lol fair play to him.

Your lot must be pretty sick of Vardy, though I like the look of that Party guy.

I had no expectations going into this season after where we finished in the last one tbh... Anywhere close to top 6 in a season where the BPL seems to have returned to the 80’s I’ll see as decent 😂

1 hour ago, ChaosGladiator said:

I had no expectations going into this season after where we finished in the last one tbh... Anywhere close to top 6 in a season where the BPL seems to have returned to the 80’s I’ll see as decent 😂

Funnily enough it does seem likes it's going to be another weird season like when Leicester won it.

The absence of fans is playing a part for sure, plus the lack of consistency from the 'big' clubs means you're right, in the 80s anyone could win the league🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

If Spurs could remember how to finish off games at home we'd be dangerous. The away form is keeping us honest, good result last night. 2 points from the top and a lot of teams fighting and still in the mix!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 10/23/2020 at 9:30 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Ex-Oxford Kemar Roofe with a wonder goal! 

Amazing Goal. Rangers have the title this year, its been coming since Gerrard got there as he can bring people in just based on his presence and history. I don't think they'll win pretty mind you.

On 10/23/2020 at 12:06 PM, phil bottle said:

Dare I say it but Gerrard seems to be doing a pretty good job up there. Future Liverpool manager if he keeps it up. Rangers are in danger of stopping Celtic winning 10 in a row.

I watched the Spurs game to see how the new signings would fare. Pedestrian opposition but good to see Vinicious get a couple of nice assists. Davies at centre back was interesting, he played very well with Reguilon bombing up and down the wing. Bale had some nice touches and created one of the goals. Dele coming on in the 2nd half was also good to see and he put in a good shift and could have had a goal. Hojberg impresses me a lot, a quietly excellent buy.

I was looking at the bench and I have to say we look very strong right now.

image.png

Look, you must be changing your tune at least slightly on Mourinho by now? I'm seriously considering this, maybe even a League and League Cup double? It probably won't be good odds right now considering you lot are getting the job done whatever team turns up against you. Solid win against Burnley last night. Son is something special.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I think Jose is doing a better job this year than last season because he's finally utilising the players at his disposal properly. Last year there were games where the bus was parked, Spurs were absorbing 70% of possession and playing for a one-goal win - definitely not the type of football you associate with the club or how the players should be playing. Now he's really maximising what's available and is getting the most out of them. It's just a shame points have been dropped at home especially in the manner they were - a pedestrian performance against Everton, should have buried Newcastle way before the controversial penalty and the West Ham capitulation was bizarre. 

Just need to keep getting those important wins and taking advantage of other teams dropping points. Spurs have a great chance and Jose is in his best form and mindset for years and has the squad to bring success. 

Spurs up to 2nd. Finally managed to win a home game. If Jose can get a consistent performance from this team it will be a good season. Good to see Bale get off the mark. I love our new left back Reguilon. I have warmed to Jose if only for getting Daniel to open up his wallet. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 10/31/2020 at 9:14 AM, Dan94 said:

Out of interest, does anyone on here enjoy the odd flutter on the footy? Was thinking if we had say 5+ people, we could all pick one selection a week and make a FG Acca 😄 

Yeah, i could. Depends how you see it working though? I was looking into an acca facility where we have a little internal game but

7 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Spurs up to 2nd. Finally managed to win a home game. If Jose can get a consistent performance from this team it will be a good season. Good to see Bale get off the mark. I love our new left back Reguilon. I have warmed to Jose if only for getting Daniel to open up his wallet. 

It was pretty clear when you watch the documentary when he first needs a new manager what Levy thinks of him. I don't blame him tbh, his trophy record is clear to see. He just needed proper backing, like he got at good ol' Cheatski back in the day.

Sergio Ramos has now scored 100 goals for Real Madrid after last nights CL match, you can say what you want about his personality and rather rough playstyle but what a player he's been for them over the years....

12 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Sergio Ramos has now scored 100 goals for Real Madrid after last nights CL match, you can say what you want about his personality and rather rough playstyle but what a player he's been for them over the years....

He is one of those players it's easy to hate on but I agree, he has had an outstanding career.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ramos is a total prick but a fine footballer. One of the few Real players who the fans haven't ever turned on. A solid defender plus he has amazing technical and goalscoring ability. He's been involved in many sour incidents on the field but at the same time is one hell of a presence that is respected for what he's achieved and Madrid will really struggle to replace him when he retires. 

Nothing will change at Man Utd though until they invest time over multiple years with one manager. Thats why I think Spurs must stick with Jose for many years. I find it staggering how many managers they've let go after still bringing trophies in, just because they aren't the Premiership or the Champions League.

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

More VAR bullshit

_115279111_bamford1.jpg

His body is a yard onside but he's been screwed by his arm whilst making a tactical gesture in which you cannot score with. 

True. Leeds didn't deserve anything out of the game but VAR makes it incredibly difficult to enjoy games when these calls are made. People say its the rules, which to some extent I agree with. The root cause of the problem is makes rules clearer. However, even if you did that, the line will then be somewhere else and that is then VAR becomes THE problem. In a game that isn't perfect for a reason, it creates negative press in largely every instance it is used. Not just for decisions but for the beauty of the game itself.

Not much we can do now though. I can't see it going away now it has been implemented.