Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

15 year old utd player breaks 100m school record that was set by Darren Campbell http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2014/aug/ready-steady-ro-england-u16-defender-smashed-darren-campbells-record-060814

Transfer gossip:

- Daniel Agger, apparently, was in tears when he "begged" Rodgers to let him leave

- Apparently Utd want to sign everyone <_<

- And apparently Real Madrid want to sign Cech and Courtois from Chelsea........who makes this shit up? The Sun, that's who!

Barcas new goalie had a bit of a howler yesterday 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQSBRWh4z1Q

'ull Citeh scrape through to the Europa League play-offs with a 2-1 win over Slovak side AC Trencin. Two late goals gave Real Sociemum a 3-2 against Aberdeen and 2-5 on aggregate. 

Also Celtic, despite losing 2-0 last night and getting dicked 6-1 on aggregate; they might get a Champions League reprieve as Legia Warsaw knowingly fielded an ineligible player despite being 4 fucking 1 up in the first place. 

Oh and it's the Suarez appeal tomorrow - his legal team think he stands a good chance of getting the ban halved and to be honest; he probably will due to the corrupt politics that plague football in FIFA. 

I don't think Legia knowingly fielded the player, I think it was just an oversight. He missed 3 games due to his bans but one of the games they forgot to put him on the official match list so thought his ban was over.

He played 2 minutes over the 180 minute tie. Made no difference to the result, I hope UEFA use some sense and hit them with a fine.

Although it's quite ironic that the punishment for fielding an ineligible player is a score of 3-0 to your opponent, the exact result that would put Celtic through on away goals.

Looks like Arsenal will be selling Vermaelen to Barcelona for £15m. Man Utd also made a confirmed bid but Arsenal wanted a player from Utd as well as money. Daniel Agger could be on his way to the Emirates unless Barca do a double-whammy and nab him too. It would be foolish for teams to sell to title rivals so I can't see Liverpool letting Agger join Arsenal. 

Daniel Agger could be on his way to the Emirates unless Barca do a double-whammy and nab him too. It would be foolish for teams to sell to title rivals so I can't see Liverpool letting Agger join Arsenal. 

Personally I've never rated him. Gooners or stay at LFC? It's all good for me :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

^lol

I'm going Spurs v Schalke tomorrow, can't wait!

I would've gone to that if Oxford weren't at home. Been to quite a few pre-season friendlies up the Lane and you always get a good crowd. Went to the PSV and Sporting Lisbon games back in 2003, the 5-1 and Bentley's debut against Roma in 2008 and the Olympiacos 3-0 the following year.

Shalke are in shite form - watched a couple of their friendlies against West Ham which they lost on penalties and then got soundly beat by Newcastle on their own patch.  Should be an easy win for Spurs!

Terry Butcher - Legend!! One of my favourite players.

I was at Luton when he was injured and lost all that blood. He was poleaxed and the whole stadium just went quiet

This is an old interview but a good read

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/terry-butcher-one-one

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork