Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

What the actual fuck? Freekick inside the penalty area?? First time I've seen that. Does Japan or wtf kind of league this is have different rules?

It's rare, but it can happen worldwide. If a goalie handles a pass from his teammate, catches a throw -in from a teammate, picks the ball up after already holding it, or holds it for too long (6 seconds?), then the opposition will be awarded an indirect freekick. This means that it cannot be a direct shot on goal unless a teammate touches it first. In the video the guy who fakes the shot before the real one drags it back, thus bringing it into play and making it eligible for a shot.

That concludes rulebook Thursdays with jordie...

Last day of the Prem season! It's been a crazy campaign but let's hope there is one twist left...

Norwhich beat Arsenal 20-0 and stay up :lol:

No thank you.....they would be insufferable!! Scummers!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Ben Foster, Jodie Foster, Joe Hart 

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Raheem Sterling, Jack Wilshere

Attackers: Rickie Lambert, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck, Emile Heskey

Standby: John Ruddy, Jon Flanagan, Joss Stone, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe

Pretty solid squad i reckon. Only question mark would be Lampard for me. Carrick may have been a better selection for the defensive option he offers. However the lack of wing options is a worry

I'll be happy if we get out of group stages to be honest.

Pretty solid squad i reckon. Only question mark would be Lampard for me. Carrick may have been a better selection for the defensive option he offers. However the lack of wing options is a worry

I'll be happy if we get out of group stages to be honest.

Sterling, Lallana, Chamberlain and Sturridge. I'd say we've got some pretty decent wingers tbh. My concern is our defence. If you look at Argentina/Brazil's attacks they'l just walk all over us...

Defence is a major worry, they just aren't world class. We don't have to dominant figure in central defence and that's very worrying.

I agree with Stretch about Lampard and Carrick, i'd of taken Carrick purely because of his defensive work and also because he's played games this season. I don't remember seeing Lampard playing much.

I think it's mad he's taking Wilshere too, i think he's a great player but he get's injured way too much. I like the look of the team and i like where they're going with it but i don't see us faring too well in Brazil.

I hope they prove me wrong. 

Not sure why he's even considered Smalling or Jones to be honest they have both been wanting this season there are better defensive options out there. As for defensive midfield, Gerrard has been playing that role more so for Liverpool this year and Carrick has been been way off form this year.

My take is that we should simply go in with the mentality of "we'll score more than you" regardless of how many you score. I would rather see England go all out to win every game and go down fighting rather than the usual rear guard action defending way too deep and then on to a penalty shoot out that we end up losing out to because we're just fucking useless at them.

Bottom line, the usual bravado of we're going to win it this time just isn't there. We're all being realists, we know we're not as good as many teams in the competition so why not give it a shot, who knows, it may turn into something special.

I remember in '86 we lost Robson and Wilkins very early on OMG the world is caving in, we were on the ropes to even get through to the knock out phase and had a must win game against Poland. Up step Lineker and Beardsley and the team looked a very different proposition, we actually looked good. Had Maradona not cheated with his "hand of God" goal and Lineker not missed that header very late on in that match we may well have gone on to the final that year.

I just hope the manager has the balls to make the big decisions and play those that will play well and revel in the experience. I'm thinking Barkley, Shaw, Lallana, Sterling to start........how exciting would a team with those guys playing be to watch. C'mon England, for once prove us all wrong and do something spectacular in a World Cup. 

I just hope the manager has the balls to make the big decisions and play those that will play well and revel in the experience. I'm thinking Barkley, Shaw, Lallana, Sterling to start........how exciting would a team with those guys playing be to watch. C'mon England, for once prove us all wrong and do something spectacular in a World Cup. 

I agree completely. These young players are hungry and eager to prove themselves with the big boys. Let's see what they can really do.

Tim Sherwood saked!

On paper; his record is pretty good but it seems Spurs don't feel he's the man to take them forward. 

I thought he did a pretty good job in the time he had. I can see him going to WBA now. 

I think he's been a bit mistreated by the club and despite his occasionally bizarre statements; it's a bit of a shame.  

Best win percentage out of every Spurs manager!

Also does anyone remember this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10250203/Jose-Mourinho-I-will-quit-Chelsea-if-I-do-not-win-trophies.html

:lol: No sign of him leaving then?

Some huge deals already being lined up for the transfer window

David Luiz to Paris Saint Germain

Costa to Chelsea

Shaw to Manchester United

Lallana to Liverpool

Also Moyes, Sherwood, Hughton and Mackay all after the WBA job...

Luiz to PSG, thought he was off the Barca now they dont have the ban.

Can't believe Costa is going to Chelsea!

If utd manage to get Shaw i'd be a happy chappy, i can't stand Butner! Although i'd like us to try and get Lallana too, utd would have a pretty strong decent English presence in their squad!

Luiz to PSG, thought he was off the Barca now they dont have the ban.

Can't believe Costa is going to Chelsea!

If utd manage to get Shaw i'd be a happy chappy, i can't stand Butner! Although i'd like us to try and get Lallana too, utd would have a pretty strong decent English presence in their squad!

He said he wants to play alongside Thiago Silva since they're good mates.

Costa to Chelsea scares the shit out of me.

I'm kinda jealous of Shaw, especially since Liverpool have weak fullbacks right now.

And I never thought I'd say this at the start of the season but Lallana preffers Liverpool over Man U due to the prospect of champions league football...

Belgium take 2 forwards to the world cup! I know Hazard and Januzaj can play further up but dang! Still got a proper decent looking team!

Goalkeepers: Thibaut Courtois (Atletico Madrid, on loan from Chelsea), Simon Mignolet (Liverpool), Koen Casteels (Hoffenheim), Silvio Proto (Anderlecht).

Defenders: Toby Alderweireld (Atletico Madrid), Laurent Ciman (Standard Liege), Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit St Petersburg), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City), Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern Munich), Anthony Vanden Borre (Anderlecht), Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham).

Midfielders: Nacer Chadli, Mousa Dembele (both Tottenham), Steven Defour (Porto), Kevin De Bruyne (Wolfsburg), Marouane Fellaini, Adnan Januzaj (both Manchester United), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Kevin Mirallas (Everton), Divock Origi (Lille), Axel Witsel (Zenit St Petersburg).

Forwards: Romelu Lukaku (Everton, on loan from Chelsea), Dries Mertens (Napoli).

Standby: Sebastien Pocognoli (Hannover), Radia Nainggolan (Roma), Thorgan Hazard (Zulte Waregem, on loan from Chelsea), Guillaume Gillet (Anderlecht), Michy Batshuayi, Jelle Van Damme (both Standard Liege).

Can't believe Jermain Willem Defoe is shocked that he is only on the standby list. Did he really think his England opportunities would grow with a move to Toronto!? Tottenham needed goals at the time he left and if he stayed; that would've been a massive opportunity to fill the void and improve his chances in his home country. 

He would have been better joining QPR or fucking Brentford.