Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

I still think it's stupid, people need more time, yes it may be the same team as last years title winning side but I still look at that squad and think there are very few top quality players, it's a very average squad all round in my opinion apart from the strike force if it was fully fit...

Managers need more time to build there own team, even if SAF was there still I would see this UTD side struggling...

blackops2sig.jpg

Surely a real manager is better to have in charge than giggs?

There's only 4 games of the season, that can't be saved, remaining. What manager is going to come in for four games knowing that United are going to then look all summer for the correct replacement?

Moyes was really out of his depth.

If you've lost the dressing room, as it appears he had, then you may as well relieve the tension and get shot of him now

Having said that, if you're being paid thousands of pounds a week to play football, you should do it with a professional attitude and if you don't like the manager, hand in a transfer request. Playing with no attitude or passion just lets down the paying supporters who earn less in a year then you do in a week

Juan Mata must wonder if he's gone from the frying pan to the fire, poor sod!

Incidently, anyone heard from Rich this morning?? ;)  :lol:

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

No I didn't mean get a new manager for 4 remaining games... I mean leave alone for the last 4 games surely a real manager knows more than giggs...

Sorry misread it.

I agree with Dave though. This was a big message from United, better now than at the end of the season.

It will be interesting to see who they go for.

So called fans:

Doug in Fife, via text on 81111: Which Man Utd players would get into Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool? Rooney maybe. Van Persie when he turns up. That's it. Man Utd were supposed to be different. I'm done supporting them.

Can hardly say I'm surprised, we were awful over the weekend and have been pretty poor all season long.

I'd like to see how Giggs does for a bit, he'll at least play more attacking football than Moyes. Anyway iv just woken, so I'll come back to this later and right a bit about how amazing we really are and how this is just so we get everyone's hopes up....longest running April fools joke ever!

And wtf Euan? Is that honestly a quote from a utd fan? Fuck me people are stupid

So called fans:

Doug in Fife, via text on 81111: Which Man Utd players would get into Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool? Rooney maybe. Van Persie when he turns up. That's it. Man Utd were supposed to be different. I'm done supporting them.

Way to support your team doug! That's just pathetic

blackops2sig.jpg

I think Man Utd have done the right thing. Fergie may have left Moyes with the worst United team for over two decades but with the team he had; he should have done much better regardless. Too many mediocre performances and dreadful results. I think there was too much sympathy towards him also particularly in regards to their summer spend at the start of the season. They missed out on a string of players but the money was there and it seemed that Moyes' only backup plan was the panic buy of Fellani.

United are expected to get a substantial cash injection in the summer and I certainly wouldn't have trusted Moyes with a good couple hundred million. Without European football as a selling point; I can't see many big names who would have wanted to work with him either. They would have had to compensate instead with huge wages just to tempt a few key targets to the club.

I do kinda feel sorry for Moyes and some may feel he should have been given more time but football is a very different game these days compared to where Fergie started off. It's a fast moving industry and big money is changing hands all the time. If you fall back behind a few clubs; the knock-on effect can be fatal and last for years to come. At the end of the day; Moyes won nothing with Everton and brought a tedious brand of bland football and ultimately carried on the trend with the reigning champions. If it wasn't for the fact that United had little depth left; he may have got an extra year to fill in the gaps but as it stands; the dressing room is gone and many players who should shoulder a lot of responsibility, have fallen below par to the extent they have demonstrated they aren't cut out for the club any more.

If they can get in a solid manager with a healthy reputation; they'll drive players towards the club and rebuild going from strength to strength. 

BBC's Phil McNulty is claiming that Moyes pulled out of deals that were already in place by Man United to sign Thiago from Barca and Garay from Benfica.

Incredible, if true.

Probably is. He had his heart set on Baines and Fabregas which dragged on for 9 weeks and when he didn't get them; he had to panic buy Fellani. Everyone in the media was saying that Moyes had rotten luck and little financial backing last summer but actually the money was there but he was too busy focusing on targets that wouldn't move and wasting time. He should have nabbed Thiago as that was a deal in the works but clinging on to unrealistic targets and blowing £30m on afroman ballsed up that entire window of transfers. 

BBC's Phil McNulty is claiming that Moyes pulled out of deals that were already in place by Man United to sign Thiago from Barca and Garay from Benfica.

Incredible, if true.

Huh, we'll if that's the case he deserves to go, they would be 2 ridiculously poor decisions, thiago alacatra especially, Garay is also of a much higher calibre than jones, Evans, Ferdinand and smallng...

blackops2sig.jpg

Terrible semi final in the CL so far. Feels like a mediocre Europa League game.

Chelsea being negative as expected by pretty much parking the bus. Sensible but painful to watch at times. Athletico look a shadow of the team bossing La Liga at the moment. Bad sideways passing, hoofs up the field and poor final balls into the box. 

Hope for a better second half.