Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Kylian Mbappe signs 3 year contract with PSG after all that moving drama. I bet Real Madrid are peeved! Not sure why he wanted to stay in the French League - I know there's been some recent political pressure from Macron and Qatar but even so, he's signed away any chance of developing further on the European stage and will remain in a one-horse race league. 

I think it's probably the €300,000,000 signing bonus that made him stay. Plus €100,000,000 a year contract.

13 hours ago, J-Lurch said:

I think it's probably the €300,000,000 signing bonus that made him stay. Plus €100,000,000 a year contract.

He’ll earn 1m a week and La Liga are looking into financial fair play because obviously there’s something dodgy going on since PSG run at a massive loss every season and never seem to get punished.

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Hoping Spurs kept lasagne off the menu last night 👍

What does that even mean Phil? Sorry I have to ask, are we talking about the whole Spurs team having a massive Italian feast the night before?

I know Conte is Italian, but is he forcing them to eat Lasagne or summat? 

Is it an inside joke or did he say it in an interview or that and blame losses or poor performances on Lasagne? 😂

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

What does that even mean Phil? Sorry I have to ask, are we talking about the whole Spurs team having a massive Italian feast the night before?

I know Conte is Italian, but is he forcing them to eat Lasagne or summat? 

Is it an inside joke or did he say it in an interview or that and blame losses or poor performances on Lasagne? 😂

Ah you've not hears of 'lasagne gate' 😁

A number of years ago, matmybe 10, I forget, Spurs went into the last game of the season only needing to get a result against a crap Wet Spam, for CL qualification. Unfortunately they decided to stay the night in a hotel pre-match and most of the team ended up with the shits. They blamed a dodgy lasagne. Lost the game of course and the Arse went to CL at our expense.

Edit: just checked, it was 2006

How times have changed 🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

11 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Ah you've not hears of 'lasagne gate' 😁

A number of years ago, matmybe 10, I forget, Spurs went into the last game of the season only needing to get a result against a crap Wet Spam, for CL qualification. Unfortunately they decided to stay the night in a hotel pre-match and most of the team ended up with the shits. They blamed a dodgy lasagne. Lost the game of course and the Arse went to CL at our expense.

Edit: just checked, it was 2006

How times have changed 🤗

That's a class story, first I've heard of it. Absolutely brilliant! 

Insane day of football and although it finished as expected, the way it played out was pretty insane. Gerrard blows it again for LIverpool, this time as a manager🤣 Relieved Spurs got 4th and all those nerves this week were pretty much not warranted in the end - I was dreading a 1-0 defeat for some reason. Leeds probably did deserve to stay up despite a woeful season because the FA made them play many games with covid absences yet Arsenal had one case and they got the Spurs game postponed - something they really regretted as they had a weaker team available come the rearranged fixture! 

14 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

That's a class story, first I've heard of it. Absolutely brilliant! 

Didn't help the nerves when Kane felt a bit ill a few days ago — I was sure it was going to be food poisoning 😂

Great last few games though, I really thought for a second Liverpool were going to clinch it, but in typical Man City fashion they came back and thrashed them.

Congratulations for Son and Salah being top goal scorers. Son doing so without a single pen which I though was impressive, but of course impressive for both. And Ronaldo coming 3rd which @tronic44 pointed out in the WhatsApp is an amazing achievement with Man United.

Real Madrid were brilliant last night! Weathered a big Liverpool storm first half, remained composed throughout, defended really well and passed the ball around superbly. Courtois made some outstanding saves and although they've rode their luck a few times getting to the final, Real had the hardest run in by far and never gave up in any game or panicked. Their experience and quality always came through.

Liverpool have had 3 cup finals with 330 minutes of action but have failed to score in any of them. They really lacked a cutting edge last night despite carving out many chances and being thwarted by the keeper. Klopp should've started Firmino over Diaz and I thought Mane was ineffective down the middle. Salah could've bagged a treble but he really lacked his clinical firepower in front of goal. 

Luka Modric was also unreal - 36 and he's still running the show like that. Just incredible to watch! Carvajal was also sensational at right back especially going forward and Vinicius looks a real prospect. I think TAA is out of his depth as a right wing back for Liverpool though and maybe he should focus on being a midfielder instead.

I felt like Liverpool were unlucky not to win but also got punished for being so weak at the back. It was weird watching one team dominate the match so much, yet the first time Real Madrid got into the defence, they looked all over the place. Maybe it was nerves from a few as Allison looked like he was panicking far too much, and you can see why Trent gets the bad rep as he looked amazing all night....only for the goal to come on his side as he lost where Vicinus Jr was.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I felt like Liverpool were unlucky not to win but also got punished for being so weak at the back. It was weird watching one team dominate the match so much, yet the first time Real Madrid got into the defence, they looked all over the place. Maybe it was nerves from a few as Allison looked like he was panicking far too much, and you can see why Trent gets the bad rep as he looked amazing all night....only for the goal to come on his side as he lost where Vicinus Jr was.

Robertson was also in no mans land on the left which allowed the cross to come in - from one replay angle he wasn't even on the screen when the ball was initially collected out wide and then about 15 yards off the pace getting back. They said before the game that if Liverpool was to concede it would come from them pressing too high on the wings and that's exactly what happened. 

Was looking forward to getting the new Spurs home shirt for this season coming up but with that £75 price tag I might just have to buy a white t-shirt and scribble a badge on!

Very disappointed but I guess that's how they make their money... I just don't understand how people are expected to be able to afford this?

18 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Was looking forward to getting the new Spurs home shirt for this season coming up but with that £75 price tag I might just have to buy a white t-shirt and scribble a badge on!

Very disappointed but I guess that's how they make their money... I just don't understand how people are expected to be able to afford this?

Yeah £75 is pretty steep for a shirt. Prices for everything keeps getting ridiculous. From food to energy bills and football shirts. Is getting beyond comfortable means for everyone. 

I think what's worse is that the teams bring out 3 new kits a season now. Back when I was younger 1 kit would usually last 2 seasons. I dunno how families with multiple kids afford it. Shorts are like 30 quid and socks 15 as well!

21 minutes ago, Findmartin said:

I think what's worse is that the teams bring out 3 new kits a season now. Back when I was younger 1 kit would usually last 2 seasons. I dunno how families with multiple kids afford it. Shorts are like 30 quid and socks 15 as well!

They're also about £50-70 now and still cost less than £1 to make! 

4 hours ago, Lurch said:

This was actually my wife's suggestion, but buy a plain T and get some Iron On Transfers. 

£6.87 for 3 Crests and do it yourself. You have a choice "I Love Spurs" etc, might look pretty bad ass and more personalised. 😁

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Tottenham Hotspur Unisex's 3 Crest Magnet Set Bundle, Blue/White, One Size fits All...

People lrioritise the funniest of things. If you think their shirt is expensive look at the people that buy one and a season ticket.

£30 is about right for a shirt. That's actually the same price as the Forever Gaming football shirts 👀😅

England 0-4 Hungary

Deeply concerning result and another shocking performance in this competition. A few international careers will have certainly been all but ended tonight or set-back considerably.  I can’t believe how some can play so well for club but when it comes to England, they almost forget how to play football. Other players are clearly nowhere near ready for this level.

Questions will also be asked of Southgate especially with it being such a critical time leading up to the World Cup. He’s done an amazing job so far but you cannot be losing games like this or on a run we are without scrutiny. 

Stupid competition right before a World Cup.

More importantly Spurs look like they're properly building a squad. Just worried Bissouma has some sort of cloud over him that I've not looked into yet...great buy if all good.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

13 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Stupid competition right before a World Cup.

More importantly Spurs look like they're properly building a squad. Just worried Bissouma has some sort of cloud over him that I've not looked into yet...great buy if all good.

Good footballer, but what happened about his sex charge?

On the England front, I think its perfectly acceptable to say that the performance against was unacceptable and deservedly lost badly and at the same time say that the Nations League was clearly used to bleed players in for the next 2,4,6 years as thats how Southgate has been. Yes, he hasn't won anything only one manager ever has for us. If you look at his past record, because thats all you can do, his Win % is higher than Sir Alf Ramsay right at this minute.

I think a lot of younger folk too say this is the best squad we've had in years too which I don't think is accurate either. When they say best, usually thats through stats and stuff on paper. If thats the case then the late 90's and for 15 years onwards, was probably the best but we all know it takes a good team to get you over the line, not individuals.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You don't know what you've got 'til its gone 👊