Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

On 4/3/2022 at 7:00 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Great 5-1 win for Spurs over Newcastle! Biggest shock is that Davies, Doherty and Royale all scored😂Kulusevski and Bentancur have both been a revelation for the club since January and now even Chelsea are within reach. Should be an exciting end to the season!

All that work completely undone this week.

Spurs are still in the driving seat for the CL spot so I expect us to fuck it up as usual.

Man Utd got hammered last night but I, for some strange reason, expect the Arse to get a result against CFC tonight.

Spurs V Arse derby will be mental 😁

Speaking of Derby, was sad to see them relegated but I think they did themselves proud with what they had available. Rooney has been excellent imo.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Looks like Poch and Conte might be swapping roles. PSG won the league yesterday but they were booed at the final whistle after a 1-1 draw against 10 men and about 15,000 of their fans left on 75 minutes to go celebrate outside the stadium. Imagine supporting that toxic shite! Poch expected sacking was announced less than an hour after the game too and now there's rumours Conte has made himself available - a consequence of giving him such a limited contract. Poch going the other way is a good fit and there isn't much else available but it'll likely be years more stagnation at Spurs especially with any real lack of investment. Just when Spurs were on an impressive run, they go and deliver two shocking performances so questions over Conte and the players again. 

Not sure why anyone would want to manage PSG either unless it's to pocket easy money. 

12 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Looks like Poch and Conte might be swapping roles. PSG won the league yesterday but they were booed at the final whistle after a 1-1 draw against 10 men and about 15,000 of their fans left on 75 minutes to go celebrate outside the stadium. Imagine supporting that toxic shite! Poch expected sacking was announced less than an hour after the game too and now there's rumours Conte has made himself available - a consequence of giving him such a limited contract. Poch going the other way is a good fit and there isn't much else available but it'll likely be years more stagnation at Spurs especially with any real lack of investment. Just when Spurs were on an impressive run, they go and deliver two shocking performances so questions over Conte and the players again. 

Not sure why anyone would want to manage PSG either unless it's to pocket easy money. 

Honestly I'm not sure what's to happen with Tottenham... Shit show.

I've not seen anything from Conte to suggest he's going anywhere, but those 'journalists' gotta get the clicks somehow.

Although I would agree that if there's no CL next season and Levy doesn't provide a decent kitty this summer there's no way in hell Conte will hang around.

Spurs have made it hard on themselves after sitting in pole, and even a result against the Arse might not be enough considering there is still the matter of a Liverpool game...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It will be a really good fight for the 4th spot. Both Arsenal and Spurs have tricky run ins as they both have fixtures with things still to play for. And they have to play eachother of course.

Totally agree, if they don't back Conte and they dont get 4th then I'm pretty sure he will leave.

Can't see it happening but would be good if they both overhauled Chelsea and put them down to 5th 😅

On 4/25/2022 at 4:46 PM, Findmartin said:

I think they need to just cash in on Kane now. They've not won a trophy with him, so why not take the money. Poch going back could be a good thing if he can get them into a hard working unit again?

I'm not sure who is wanting to spend 100m plus on him now. His chance was a great one to go to City and Levy blocked it by asking for 200m. It feels very much like the Gerrard situation when he nearly left to go to Chelsea but stayed for the rest of his career.

Kiss of death me saying this, but finally I think Spurs have a top 3 who really do challenge Liverpool's...just need someone to tell Dier that he isn't a centreback and put him back at CDM alongside someone else 😅

13 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm not sure who is wanting to spend 100m plus on him now. His chance was a great one to go to City and Levy blocked it by asking for 200m. It feels very much like the Gerrard situation when he nearly left to go to Chelsea but stayed for the rest of his career.

Kiss of death me saying this, but finally I think Spurs have a top 3 who really do challenge Liverpool's...just need someone to tell Dier that he isn't a centreback and put him back at CDM alongside someone else 😅

I think Spurs' main target is a left sided CB to go next to Romero, although Dier hasn't actually had a bad season... I'd go as far as to say he's actually been quite reliable. I think our main issue and it has been for a while is LB, and we're lacking a creative midfielder. 

As for top 4 — It seems like no one really wants it at this point.

3 hours ago, J-Lurch said:

I think Spurs' main target is a left sided CB to go next to Romero, although Dier hasn't actually had a bad season... I'd go as far as to say he's actually been quite reliable. I think our main issue and it has been for a while is LB, and we're lacking a creative midfielder. 

As for top 4 — It seems like no one really wants it at this point.

Agree with that. I suppose I just see how well he was doing at CDM, even for England but he pushed himself to go backwards which I just think opens you up a little bit more against top end teams.

Yes I think dier has been decent this season. Every spurs manager has picked him so he is obviously a good player and they trust him. I thought Sanchez was gunna be good but hes not fulfilled his potential so I think they will try for another CB. Re midfield, I think they never quite replaced eriksen he was top quality, and Moussa dembele a couple of years ago was really good too. that ndombele never really got going.

Good point about Kane @GazzaGarratt but I reckon someone will bid for him, maybe even man utd

13 hours ago, Findmartin said:

Good point about Kane @GazzaGarratt but I reckon someone will bid for him, maybe even man utd

Right now though and for the foreseeable future, both Man Utd and Spurs are in the same boat. In fact, Spurs are performing better as I can't see Man Utd finishing higher than them.

Oh and re: Dier - i'm the last person to want to bash him. Back in the 2018 World Cup, I loved him. He was my number one pick on the pitch personally in the CDM role. He essentially paved the way for Rice and Phillips. Thing is, we know he personally wanted to drop back. I find that just the most curious decision of all, especially when he had a solid England place on the back of his CDM performances.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Right now though and for the foreseeable future, both Man Utd and Spurs are in the same boat. In fact, Spurs are performing better as I can't see Man Utd finishing higher than them.

Oh and re: Dier - i'm the last person to want to bash him. Back in the 2018 World Cup, I loved him. He was my number one pick on the pitch personally in the CDM role. He essentially paved the way for Rice and Phillips. Thing is, we know he personally wanted to drop back. I find that just the most curious decision of all, especially when he had a solid England place on the back of his CDM performances.

According to some sources the LCB are looking to get in is so they can use a back 3 system with Dier being in the middle 👀

Man City blew it spectacularly😂😂😂

1-0 up on the night, 5-3 on aggregate and 90th minute only to go 2-1 behind a minute later, nearly going out in normal time before Real seal it from the spot 5mins into extra time.

I’m not sure how Pep and City will ever get over this and they now have to see out the season with just the league to win and risk finishing empty handed. Even the title could be a small consolation as the Champions League was their ultimate focus and has been for years now. This may have been their best chance and you have to wonder if Guardiola will go at the end of the season as another £400m won’t be on the cards.

Fair play to a young Madrid side though - the experience of Modric and Benzema is massive and although they’ve got a way to go and have perhaps rode their luck in this competition, they never give up or know when they are beaten. 

if it’s any consolation to City, at least Grealish’s hair survived.

Top 4 race has turned spectacularly! I can still see Spurs losing 1-0 away at Norwich on the last day though🤣

Been such a strange season as I don't feel anyone outside of the top two have done all that well - no consistency anywhere and plenty of silly results. Glad Spurs have turned a corner and are beginning to form some identity but they need to seal that final spot and then really back Conte through the summer. Bet Arsenal are really regretting giving Arteta that two year deal last month! I've had money on Leeds going down all season but there could be even more twists at the bottom and top too so the weekend should be very exciting!

Looks like it's going to be a crazy transfer window... Does anyone have any favourite rumours?

Obviously one of the big ones in Haaland to City. However I think Newcastle are going to make a few big waves and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few big six teams making big money signings too!

Kylian Mbappe signs 3 year contract with PSG after all that moving drama. I bet Real Madrid are peeved! Not sure why he wanted to stay in the French League - I know there's been some recent political pressure from Macron and Qatar but even so, he's signed away any chance of developing further on the European stage and will remain in a one-horse race league.