Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

So shareholders have decided that the PL & EFL shouldn't close down whilst COVID sweeps through every club but it's ok as they'll pack all the stands so the teams have plenty of support. I imagine the same shareholders will watch every game from the comfort of their own house. The mind boggles.

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

So shareholders have decided that the PL & EFL shouldn't close down whilst COVID sweeps through every club but it's ok as they'll pack all the stands so the teams have plenty of support. I imagine the same shareholders will watch every game from the comfort of their own house. The mind boggles.

Most shareholders have probably never even been to the club they own to see a game. Also TV companies just want money and the best possible spectacle. It's also staggering how many teams have players out yet the governing bodies expect teams to play or be heavily penalised.

I think the season will once again have to be suspended and sides that have been forced to play with barebones and lose will only suffer if they apply the stupid PPG thing they did last time. Teams can't continue playing or fielding their third string against clubs who haven't been hit as bad. Soon there will be nobody left to field as it spreads all over the pitch and with staff. I can't imagine how it is in the stands but I'm not returning until I have my booster and can better grasp what's going on.  I don't know how this season can continue really.

Tottenham avoid a total humiliation after being 1-0 down at home to Morecambe until the 74th minute to eventually win 3-1. Seems Conte didn't learn his lesson from Nuno that Spurs second string is probably no better than Luton Town and it took the usual suspects of Kane and Moura to change the game. There are several players that shouldn't even get on the bench let alone be named in the first 11 regardless of the opponent or competition.

Alli may as well bloody retire and stick to making TikTok videos for the rest of his life whilst visiting the barber daily, and the defence is just a shambles on paper and on the pitch too. The lack of consistency from other individuals is completely unacceptable and I think a couple of careers may have been ended today - certainly at Tottenham anyway. Fair play to Morcambe for a stellar effort but it should not have panned out this way. 

18 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Tottenham avoid a total humiliation after being 1-0 down at home to Morecambe until the 74th minute to eventually win 3-1. Seems Conte didn't learn his lesson from Nuno that Spurs second string is probably no better than Luton Town and it took the usual suspects of Kane and Moura to change the game. There are several players that shouldn't even get on the bench let alone be named in the first 11 regardless of the opponent or competition.

Alli may as well bloody retire and stick to making TikTok videos for the rest of his life whilst visiting the barber daily, and the defence is just a shambles on paper and on the pitch too. The lack of consistency from other individuals is completely unacceptable and I think a couple of careers may have been ended today - certainly at Tottenham anyway. Fair play to Morcambe for a stellar effort but it should not have panned out this way. 

Yeah, but Nottingham Forest😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It was always going to be a difficult gig....

_122735574_gettyimages-1336442507.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Rafael Benitez has been sacked as Everton manager after less than seven months in charge.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Not been trying to post in here about the Championship, mainly because I don't want to jinx it! 😄 All i'll say is that the seeing is an absolute cracker in the Championship so far. Everyone beating everyone, and I think it shows how good a league can be with tight squads. Even the likes of Fulham, Bournemouth and West Brom have not been allowed to run away with it....just yet.

I geniunely think that Derby will also stay up now! -21 points and only 8 points away from getting out of the relegation zone. Especially 19 games to go. Mental season.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I geniunely think that Derby will also stay up now! -21 points and only 8 points away from getting out of the relegation zone. Especially 19 games to go. Mental season.

Such a pity they are on the verge of liquidation. Been following this loosely last few days and I didn't realise how serious it was. If they don't survive the league then I hope they survive as a club and I'm sure they will bounce back. It would be incredible of them if they stayed up and the amount of big teams they've beaten this year is insane. Shite ownership once again destroying a club. 

Didn't know where to put this, so I'll drop it in here...listen out for the video games reference and it's not FIFA

BTW this is a really interesting channel

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Not looking good for Greenwood

53543869-0-image-a-9_1643562554930.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

A spokesman for the force said they were made aware earlier today of online social media images and videos posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical violence.

The evidence that was initially leaked and now taken down is absolutely damning and rather harrowing. 

This winter transfer window has left me wondering what is happening at Spurs. Since getting to the Champions league final in 2019 I feel its just been a downhill trajectory. We've let go of some talented players and not sure about what we've brought in. 

Good luck to Dele, I think he suffered most from Poch leaving and I think that will come back to bite Spurs in the arse.

Very uninspired with my team right now.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

This winter transfer window has left me wondering what is happening at Spurs. Since getting to the Champions league final in 2019 I feel its just been a downhill trajectory. We've let go of some talented players and not sure about what we've brought in. 

Good luck to Dele, I think he suffered most from Poch leaving and I think that will come back to bite Spurs in the arse.

Doesn't look like Conte will be backed either and his contract is also very short so he could easily leave. A top 4 finish is critical and then a major injection of money is required to get some decent players in. I think new ownership is the only way forward as Spurs cannot continue like this. There is so much deadwood at the club propped up by a handful of good players and if it wasn't for the latter, you could see them at the other end of the table like Everton. I actually think it's a miracle Spurs are as high as they are right now too. If it's any consolation, Arsenal are in the same boat if not worse😂

Spurs and Man Utd felt like they lost a ton of ground in that window on paper. It was initially turning out to be a decent window with movement for players that you felt should move around. Shame Man Utd blocked Lingaard's moves because it doesn't make any sense to sit on that bench any longer than he has so far. Its obvious that Rangnick doesn't like him much but I hope he proves him wrong. Dele needed a new start so i hope he grabs it with both hands....I have my doubts though still.

Newcastle did what was expected, but again, they didn't bring in top quality players. Better than existing? Possibly, but it will be very interesting to see if they can stay up still. Imagine that team in the Championship.

Meanwhile, Bournemouth have tried to literally buy their way out of the Championship. Every player that a top team wanted, there ploy was 'just buy them'. In some ways I don't blame them. Let them do anything they can to get out of the Championship, however whenever this happens, you do have something in your gut that just wants to see other teams beat them with their squads they've stuck by.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Meanwhile, Bournemouth have tried to literally buy their way out of the Championship. Every player that a top team wanted, there ploy was 'just buy them'. In some ways I don't blame them. Let them do anything they can to get out of the Championship, however whenever this happens, you do have something in your gut that just wants to see other teams beat them with their squads they've stuck by.

Bournemouth have made some pretty big moves to get over the line for sure - the power of parachute payments in full force there but to be fair, they've been quite sensible with spending since getting relegated from the Prem and have seen a few key players depart. Not entirely sold on Dembele though - he's only scored about 30 goals in 160 games in his time in England but Keiffer Moore will probably be a good buy to see out the season. 

On 2/1/2022 at 8:58 AM, phil bottle said:

Nearly all that team that got us to the final has gone, vertong, alder, erik, dele, lamela, rose, sissoko, llorente... What have we replaced them with? 

13 hours ago, J-Lurch said:

Nearly all that team that got us to the final has gone, vertong, alder, erik, dele, lamela, rose, sissoko, llorente... What have we replaced them with? 

Biggest loss of the lot for me was selling Dembele. We never replaced him and I'm still staggered he was let go.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

13 hours ago, J-Lurch said:

'Doh'erty - nowhere near good enough for European football

Hoibjerg - good footballer but doesn't really fit Tottenham's traditional style

Sessegnon - wonderkid at Fulham but his rapid progress has stalled abysmally especially compared to other similar players like Mount and Saka

Ndomble - biggest waste of money imaginable. Shite attitude and got schooled my Morecambe to end his Spurs career. We'll be lucky to get £12m back if Lyon opt to buy

Regulion - way better than Danny Rose no doubt and often let down by shite that's around him

Royale - not convinced by him but he hasn't done too much wrong. Cannot see him developing into the type of player required for high-end football though

Gil - has not settled in at all and will probably not return. Done absolutely nothing and couldn't even handle sub-par football teams in fringe competitions let alone the Prem

Bergwijn - has potential but not exactly set the world alight so far. Hopefully he can build on the Leicester game but then again, he may go 5 more without even having a shot

Rodon - bit-part player. Will feature against Football League teams and fringe European sides but will likely never force his way into the first team. Couldn't even do that when Spurs were at their worst.

Thank god for Moura, Son and Kane - if it wasn't for them then Spurs would probably have one of the messiest and poorly composed squads in the entire league.  Even having Lloris there despite some iffy spells, certainly keeps some identity of the club from better times. A total overhaul is needed and this may take 3-5 years and a ridiculous amount of money. 

FA Cup doing it's thing again last night. Man Utd weren't bad but could not put the ball in the back of the net. Only had half an eye as we were playing Among Us with quality commentary from @LordBaguette

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Has anyone felt like the Club World Championship - technically the most prestigous cup of all - has gone under the radar again? I didn't even know Chelsea were playing in it 😄