Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Spurs lost to NS Mura of Slovenia😔 Although it was largely a weakened side, there was still some big names starting and that came on. Playing the majority of the game with 10 men didn't help but not getting a result was still inexcusable. There are some players in that side that shouldn't be playing and others that would struggle week in week out at Championship level. Conte really has his work cut out rebuilding and reshaping that team. 

12 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Spurs lost to NS Mura of Slovenia😔 Although it was largely a weakened side, there was still some big names starting and that came on. Playing the majority of the game with 10 men didn't help but not getting a result was still inexcusable. There are some players in that side that shouldn't be playing and others that would struggle week in week out at Championship level. Conte really has his work cut out rebuilding and reshaping that team. 

Yeah, hopefully that's the last game in a Spurs shirt for some of these duds.

I have BT Sport but haven't watched a single game all the way through in this crappy tournament, the players clearly can't motivate themselves for it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

18 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Eng.jpg

85% possession

63 shots

30 on target

20 goals!

The 63 shots got me laughing hard, its basically a shot every 90 seconds in the game! 🤣🤣 I turned on ITV4 when they were 14-0 up and it was a massacre for sure. The Goalkeeper is really what stands out for me as the dealbreaker in womens football. The agility and physical prowess you would expect from International Qualifiers was just not there. Some shots dribbled past the keeper...and that was after they subbed the other keeper after it went 8-0 at half time!! 🤦‍♂️🤣

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The 63 shots got me laughing hard, its basically a shot every 90 seconds in the game! 🤣🤣 I turned on ITV4 when they were 14-0 up and it was a massacre for sure. The Goalkeeper is really what stands out for me as the dealbreaker in womens football. The agility and physical prowess you would expect from International Qualifiers was just not there. Some shots dribbled past the keeper...and that was after they subbed the other keeper after it went 8-0 at half time!! 🤦‍♂️🤣

I was following the game on BBC Sport website and literally every time I refreshed the scores page, a goal went in. It went from 14-0 to 19-0 and then when I did the final refresh expecting it to hit 20, it did🤣

3 league wins in a row for Spurs which is much improved. Two points ahead of Arsenal now and despite all the West Ham hype, only 2pts behind them with a game in hand too. It's amazing what a little run can do and also tragic what a bad one can have also. Improvements in defence and going forward too but Harold Kane needs to step it up and they also need to stop giving away chances - Norwich today could've had two or 3 themselves and a better side would have found the net at least once. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

3 league wins in a row for Spurs which is much improved. Two points ahead of Arsenal now and despite all the West Ham hype, only 2pts behind them with a game in hand too. It's amazing what a little run can do and also tragic what a bad one can have also. Improvements in defence and going forward too but Harold Kane needs to step it up and they also need to stop giving away chances - Norwich today could've had two or 3 themselves and a better side would have found the net at least once. 

Yeah, still early days but I'm happy he's got them looking like a team again.

I'm very impressed with Conte so far and I hope Daniel backs him up in terms of the squad. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Heard Eddie Howe wants Trippier to help him get out of relegation. I really hope he doesn't go. Swapping from the La Liga Champions to relegation potential alongside impacting his England World Cup chances is a no brainer.

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Heard Eddie Howe wants Trippier to help him get out of relegation. I really hope he doesn't go. Swapping from the La Liga Champions to relegation potential alongside impacting his England World Cup chances is a no brainer.

Be interesting to see who joins them in Jan especially if they are in the relegation zone. Whoever goes there will be doing it purely for a fat pay cheque for the rest of the season. They probably wont be able to make an high-wage permanent signings because if they go down, they wont be able to meet the fair play rules based on their income unless they start cheating like QPR did. I hope they get relegated and then all talk of Mbappe signing will be put to bed🤣

On 12/5/2021 at 8:16 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Just when you think all things Spurs is on the up....

_121995863_gettyimages-1357279513.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Tottenham's preparations for their pre-Christmas fixtures are disrupted by a coronavirus outbreak.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

20 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Just when you think all things Spurs is on the up....

_121995863_gettyimages-1357279513.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Tottenham's preparations for their pre-Christmas fixtures are disrupted by a coronavirus outbreak.

Typical! We had the same at Oxford a couple of weeks ago - 7 players out with Covid on top of 6 key first team players already injured long term. Thankfully we took 4pts out of 6 including a draw against leaders Rotherham with a mix of reserves and kids. What I don't get is they cancel matches due to international call ups if 2 players are missing but if you are down 11+ due to a life threatening illness in circulation, you're still expected to play! 

Thursday is a pretty crucial game for Spurs to progress in that silly competition but maybe being forced to field a weakened team may benefit players who care and want to push for a spot in the squad. Some of the performances from first teamers in this Conference League has been shameful.

Coronavirus will definitely hit a few more clubs in the next month. Praying its not going to hit Rovers though.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:12 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Be interesting to see who joins them in Jan especially if they are in the relegation zone. Whoever goes there will be doing it purely for a fat pay cheque for the rest of the season. They probably wont be able to make an high-wage permanent signings because if they go down, they wont be able to meet the fair play rules based on their income unless they start cheating like QPR did. I hope they get relegated and then all talk of Mbappe signing will be put to bed🤣

I actually think top players won't go until they see them moving away from the relegation zone. They might have to go to the Championship and lower down to buy some up and coming quality but they aren't like Man City or Chelsea when they both got took over as they were mid/lower table teams, not relegation bound ones.

Regards the UEFA game, I'd just bin it. I don't know when they think we'll be able to play it, we still have to play our postponed Burnley game. Even winning this game we already have to add playoff games to our schedule.

As has happened before we'll end up playing games every two days for a fortnight.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

23 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Barcelona out of the Champions League in the group stage for the first time in 21 years and into the Europa League. Just imagine if they land West Ham, Rangers or Leicester at some stage😅

13 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Leicester lose to Napoli and drop into the Conference League playoffs🤣

Didn't know that was a thing but it sounds truly tragic. 

I didn't realise there's a further drop from Europa to Conference.

How in the world do UEFA not see that this ruling devalues the entire European football i'll never know.

**Apparently draw has been voided due to a technical issue resulting in confusion and controversy and will be done again later. 

Ronaldo v Messi in the CL

Benfica v Real Madrid

Villarreal v Manchester City

Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich

Red Bull Salzburg v Liverpool

Inter Milan v Ajax

Sporting Lisbon v Juventus

Chelsea v Lille

PSG v Manchester United

The redone draw is complete and Chelsea get Lille again surprise surprise! Real Madrid wont be happy now having to face PSG who also wont be happy after initially drawing United. Another easy draw for City at this stage

Salzburg v Bayern Munich

Sporting v Man City

Benfica v Ajax

Chelsea v Lille

Atlético v Man United

Villarreal v Juventus

Inter v Liverpool

PSG v Real Madrid