Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

England Squad for the 3 September Qualifiers:

england squad Aug 2021.jpg

First call up for Patrick Bamford with Mason Greenwood just missing out although Gareth Southgate has confirmed his form is good enough to be in the squad but allowing him to progress further with Man Utd for the meantime.

I didn't expect many changes in the squad tbh, based on their performances at the Euros.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

England Squad for the 3 September Qualifiers:

england squad Aug 2021.jpg

First call up for Patrick Bamford with Mason Greenwood just missing out although Gareth Southgate has confirmed his form is good enough to be in the squad but allowing him to progress further with Man Utd for the meantime.

I didn't expect many changes in the squad tbh, based on their performances at the Euros.

Is Dean Henderson injured? I would’ve liked to have seen him in the squad 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

_120301949_hi069708190.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Manchester United confirm they have reached an agreement to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Juventus.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Well, the window is closed and overall no earth shattering business or mega deals.

Ronaldo and Messi moved clubs but Kylian didn't get his 200 million move to Madrid. PSG up front look impressive though.

Spurs wise we stengthened the defence and kept our striker.

Kane has burned his bridges for me though, I wish we'd sold him.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

15 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

He's ended up looking like a right tit and even in his statement, it says he'll be staying this summer which means he will probably fishing to leave in January regardless. I would've had a lot more respect for him if he was honest about the circumstances surrounding pre-season too - this extended holiday and not being aware of anything said in the press during is just absolute bollocks. It also doesn't excuse the fact he was the only player at the club who hadn't returned and missed the opening game - arguably the biggest match of the season coincidentally against the team he was expected and hoping to sign for. 

Crazy that Arsenal are the biggest spenders in this entire window and their signings are largely unknowns!

18 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Well, the window is closed and overall no earth shattering business or mega deals.

Ronaldo and Messi moved clubs but Kylian didn't get his 200 million move to Madrid. PSG up front look impressive though.

Spurs wise we stengthened the defence and kept our striker.

Griezmann went back to Atletico and Barcelona brought in De Jong as a replacement - could be the end of an era for Barcelona for a few years. Dan James to Leeds for 25 million which made Man Utd business look very good in this window. Might not have been as many transfers yesterday but the whole window was pretty incredible for the amount of big players moving around.

Barcelona have only themselves to blame. They moved away from the 'local club looking after its fans mentality' and jumped head first into ridiculous spending to compete with Madrid. They could use the time to re-evalue the dna of the club. I still remember when they refused to accept advertising on their shirts... but those days are long gone.

As for the Arse, all I can say is 🤣😅🤣😅🍻🤗😍🤣

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

I'm not in the loop but did notice Ronaldo's return to United.  What's with the price tag though? I thought he was worth much more than that?

He's 36 now, last year of his contract at Juventus and if you look how Messi left on a free, they decided to get a quick deal done. They'll still get up 20 million with the add ons so its not all bad. I don't think we'll see many 36 year olds in their last year of contract go for much more!