Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I can't believe Wayne Rooney phoned the police because he got caught with two women in a hotel and is moaning that he's been 'set up'! He's already got horrendous form for this behaviour so I don't know why this is any different. If anything, at least it's not with a granny hooker like it was before

45892917-9824241-image-a-19_162728037036

Whilst i'm not condoning whatever he did on the night, I think its been clarified these are from over 4 years ago. I've seen the pics don't show a great deal of things that went on - more that he fell asleep and that some girls took some photos. It really could've been anything, nothing or something bad, nobody knows.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

_119576971_gil_lamela_split.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Tottenham sign Sevilla winger Bryan Gil, with Spurs midfielder Erik Lamela joining the Spanish club as part of the deal.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:
_119576971_gil_lamela_split.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Tottenham sign Sevilla winger Bryan Gil, with Spurs midfielder Erik Lamela joining the Spanish club as part of the deal.

Lamela was quite a long servant but never really did anything significant or improved dramatically. He did have a slow start and got better but never really reached the standards required. The new guy seems to have some serious potential and is only 20. 

Aside from Eriksen, the Bale money was pretty much wasted🤣

With regards Rooney, I'm more interested in seeing how Derby get on this season. 

Limited resources there and they've even given Ravel Morrison what must be his final chance in top flight football. 

Will be tough season for them.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

With regards Rooney, I'm more interested in seeing how Derby get on this season. 

Limited resources there and they've even given Ravel Morrison what must be his final chance in top flight football. 

Will be tough season for them.

Their situation sounds dire - they only have about 9 senior players and a couple of those are keepers. Rooney is well and truly under the bus before the season started and he even badly injured one of their key players in training himself in a 50/50 challenge! They did beat Real Betis the other day but it's gonna be a long season. They were lucky to escape last year on points and avoiding EFL penalties for rule breakages. Shite owners putting in no money and some terrible managerial appointments prior.  

Lionel Messi leaving Barcelona and expected to join Nottingham Forest

_119802604_messi.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Barcelona say Lionel Messi will not be staying at the club "because of financial and structural obstacles".

Harry Kane returning to training tomorrow and claiming he didn’t refuse to train. Funny this comes out after City sign Grealish and Messi becomes available. Harry may just have to accept he’s going nowhere. He may come out of this looking a bit of a tit and his reputation taking a knock. 

14 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Harry Kane returning to training tomorrow and claiming he didn’t refuse to train. Funny this comes out after City sign Grealish and Messi becomes available. Harry may just have to accept he’s going nowhere. He may come out of this

looking a bit of a tit and his reputation taking a knock. 

Yeah, if he'd said something before today I'd be alright with him so as far as I'm concerned I hope we get rid and do it sooner rather than later.

If we have to move on then let's do it, otherwise he'll become a weight around the club's neck.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

54 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Messi signs for PSG. What a poor way to end your career in the French League but it's his best chance of winning the CL again and he'll get a bumper payday for it. PSG have bought it all and now they have to win it all. 

I get what you mean by the French league, but a bumper pay and a shot at the champions league is the best anyone can hope for before retirement. Even if you are the best of your generation. Didn't Ramos go to PSG also? Who else did PSG buy? Sounds like some serious money getting thrown about over there.

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I get what you mean by the French league, but a bumper pay and a shot at the champions league is the best anyone can hope for before retirement. Even if you are the best of your generation. Didn't Ramos go to PSG also? Who else did PSG buy? Sounds like some serious money getting thrown about over there.

I would've liked to see him in the Premier League as one final test of his ability. It's like he's playing in Championship-equivalent league now which is less competitive than the SPL. It's definitely bolstered chances of winning the Champions League for a final time but there wouldn't be much merit in it after what they've spent and the rules they've broken to get there. Still, it's easy money and an easy league to close out his career and way better than going to the MLS or China.  

I totally agree with everything said @J4MES OX4D . A season or 2 in the Premier League would of been special to watch and a great test of his ability. Would of been interesting seeing which team he would of went to. Only a couple of teams could afford his wage and sign on etc. Would rather city didn't get him. Would be interesting to see him at Liverpool or Chelsea tbh.

MLS or China is a waste eventho the money would be there.

Back with a bang!

”We’re just a bus stop in Hounslow” 😂😂

Brentford top of the League and the Gooners in the relegation zone 😂😂😂😂

_119929870_gettyimages-1234659648.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Brentford's first top-flight win in 74 years brought the kind of jubilation that has been missing from Premier League grounds during the pandemic.

After 2 games no team in the entire Championship have a 100% win record. I think this year may have some random teams pop up in the top 6 at this rate already.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

This is the sort of story I love....

_119573775_gettyimages-1320393601.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The stunning Italian city of Venice is not normally associated with its football club, but that could be set to change as a 19-year wait for a return to Serie A comes to an end.