Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Well done to Leicester! I didn't even know the FA Cup Final was today until this afternood🤣 Wasn't a great game but there were some huge moments from the wonder goal, the wonder save and then the dramatic VAR decision towards the end. Great to see the fans back in numbers too! 

I wasn't a fan of Leicester winning the league a few years ago, surprise surprise, but I was genuinely happy to seethem beat cheatski in the cup. When the equaliser went in, I was gutted for them, and then when it was disallowed, well sometimes VAR is a force for good 😂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Crazy to see the potential in Chelsea's season falling apart. Their record under Tuchel was very impressive, up to 4th place, FA Cup Final and Champions League Final. Now they've lost the FA Cup, could blow the top 4, lose the Champions League Final and be playing in the Europa League next year. They have Leicester again Tuesday and LIverpool are beginning to hit form. The pressure in suddenly immense and will be a huge factor in the CL final plus the last couple of games has seen them really come unstuck particularly in attack.  

On 5/16/2021 at 9:45 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Crazy to see the potential in Chelsea's season falling apart. Their record under Tuchel was very impressive, up to 4th place, FA Cup Final and Champions League Final. Now they've lost the FA Cup, could blow the top 4, lose the Champions League Final and be playing in the Europa League next year. They have Leicester again Tuesday and LIverpool are beginning to hit form. The pressure in suddenly immense and will be a huge factor in the CL final plus the last couple of games has seen them really come unstuck particularly in attack.  

I'm with you, I can see them not winning anything this year and even the Women lost their CL final against Barcelona!

I was super happy for Leicester, they were terrific and deserved their slice of luck through the game. Jamie Vardy also became the only player that has played in every single round of the FA Cup. Incredible achievement and now some of those players have a Premiership and an FA Cup medal. Absolutely brilliant. Made up for Rodgers too.

13 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Harry Kane tells Spurs he wants to leave and I can’t see them standing in his way this year. Probably be the best for all parties. 

Sky Sports etc have been trying to get him out of Spurs since his first season, all these media outlets do is stir shit relentlessly.

If Harry does go, good luck to him, a player of his quality deserves to be in the Champions league every season.

Hope St Pauli buy him 🙏

😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Great to see more fans at the grounds. Makes sucha adifference and will be interesting to see how players perform with them at the crowds now.

On 5/17/2021 at 10:37 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Harry Kane tells Spurs he wants to leave and I can’t see them standing in his way this year. Probably be the best for all parties. 

Problem is everyone talks about a "Coutinho/Liverpool" style re-build, which would make sense if we get around £150m for him but look what happened last time we tried a re-build with the Bale money... 😅

I'd say he's more likely to still be at Spurs when next season starts but Manchester would be his preferred destination otherwise. I believe he's a big fan of De Bruyne too.

Either way it's going to be a long summer 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Quite an entertaining finale to the season for the top 4 spot - Tottenham had to do Chelsea a favour but in the process they finished above Arsenal. At one point it looked like Leicester would grab 4th but Arsenal finish above Spurs for the first time in six or so years. Leicester bottle it again on the last day but they've had a good season unlike Spurs and Arsenal. 

Let's see if Spurs can match Sutton United and win the conference next year😅

On 5/22/2021 at 5:06 PM, phil bottle said:

I'd say he's more likely to still be at Spurs when next season starts but Manchester would be his preferred destination otherwise. I believe he's a big fan of De Bruyne too.

Either way it's going to be a long summer 😅

City are all set up to play without a recognised front man at the moment and have basically won the PL without Aguero. Would they change a winning system to accommodate an (admittedly top drawer) out and out striker?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

City are all set up to play without a recognised front man at the moment and have basically won the PL without Aguero. Would they change a winning system to accommodate an (admittedly top drawer) out and out striker?

It's football and Pep is known for changing things up so who knows. 

Either way, if he goes, which is far from certain, I'd prefer him to go abroad.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

It's football and Pep is known for changing things up so who knows. 

Either way, if he goes, which is far from certain, I'd prefer him to go abroad.

I think if you get a decent manager in, he might stay one more season

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

It was a turgid game, truly terrible to watch. Man Utd lost the ability to pass properly and their best players simply didn't show up.

It's amazing how many big players at Man Utd fail to show up for the big games. United should be walking games like that 3 to 4-0. The entire population of Villarreal couldn't even fit into Old Trafford! 

12 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Ole may very well be done after that.

Not a chance. This is where all these big clubs are going wrong and thank fully some of them are starting to not change managers every 5 minutes. He's effectively done nearly what Mourinho did, just without the trophy. Its a shame they didn't turn up but they only lost on pens, albeit thats not much of a consolation.

I still can't wrap my head around that many see the second biggest european trophy as a joke. It shouldn't be. Any team should literally be crying out for a chance at being entered into it, let alone winning it. I know its money driven, but whilst we all dont agree with how football shouldn't be a business, you cant deny how it has subconsciously driven people's opinions about what matters to them and their club.

4 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Ancelotti joins Real Madrid. Poor Everton thought they’d won the league after 4 games😂

Also my mate at BT says Roberto Martinez has been interviewed for Spurs and is their preferred choice. 9/1 right now so I may put something on that.

Lots of pundits genuinely thought Everton were finally do something last year, but that didn't last long, and says a lot about the pundits more than anything else. He left pretty swift too 😅

The Poch crap around Spurs is annoying and I believe Levy will do something on the cheap. Martinez was mentioned before so it's a possibility.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg