Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

14 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

As it stands, Man City have done a 20 point swing on Tottenham in just 10 games. Spurs were 6 points clear of City and now they are 14 behind if the Chelsea result remains as it is. 70mins gone and Spurs have had two shots compared to Chelsea's 13 with just one on target. Didn't realise Jose parked the bus even when his team was losing..

They lack creativity in the midfield and miss that Kane would always drop deep to kind of help with that which allowed others to play more freely. I wish Alli would get his lazy arse up off the ground and show some desire. He could answer their problems whilst the main man is out injured.

And for all the kind words I hold for Eric Dier, its just so disappointing to see how many times he makes a mistake at Centre Back. I just don't think i'll ever get used to him there. Same as Phil Jones at Man Utd. The worst thing for both of these players is they made the switch to be a permanent Centre Back when they are much better CDMs.

Everton 5-4 Tottenham

Spurs finally entertain under Jose but concede 5 to go out the cup! It was always going to be a tough game but that is a terrible result and another trophy missed. You gotta feel Mourinho has to with the Europa League as the League Cup won’t be enough. 

_117178069_06bd1f31-7a79-484b-ad9b-dbf08
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

How an Aston Villa fan used the online game played by millions to reveal Premier League player injuries.

😂😂 you couldn’t make this up!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Liverpool lose a 5th straight home game in the league for the first time in their history! Can’t believe it really but serious questions must be asked if Klopp and some of their big names. They don’t appear to have the depth as some anticipated and many top players are pushing 30. 

The could miss out on Europe altogether .

@phil bottle @J4MES OX4D  Interesting article about Daniel Levy...not a character assassination piece

_117469859_gettyimages-1147834856.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

As Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy prepares to celebrate 20 years in charge of one of England's biggest clubs, BBC Sport speaks to those who know him well.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 3/4/2021 at 10:33 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Liverpool lose a 5th straight home game in the league for the first time in their history! Can’t believe it really but serious questions must be asked if Klopp and some of their big names. They don’t appear to have the depth as some anticipated and many top players are pushing 30. 

The could miss out on Europe altogether .

Also feel it could be a mentality problem too. Once you win the league with ease almost and then the Champions League, it must be hard to carry on with that intensity and motivation when you're already at the top. I guess that's where Pep has the experience of winning multiple trophies with Barca and get emulate this with the City team to retain titles etc.

I definitely think the whole no fans being at grounds has amplified it further. Imagine Anfield after losing 2 games on the bounce at home, yet alone 5...

11 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

@phil bottle @J4MES OX4D  Interesting article about Daniel Levy...not a character assassination piece

_117469859_gettyimages-1147834856.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

As Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy prepares to celebrate 20 years in charge of one of England's biggest clubs, BBC Sport speaks to those who know him well.

I saw the word 'assassination' and for a moment there I thought someone had murdered Daniel Levy😂 I was thinking at least wait until the end of the season before contemplating such a thing😎

8 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Also feel it could be a mentality problem too. Once you win the league with ease almost and then the Champions League, it must be hard to carry on with that intensity and motivation when you're already at the top. I guess that's where Pep has the experience of winning multiple trophies with Barca and get emulate this with the City team to retain titles etc.

I definitely think the whole no fans being at grounds has amplified it further. Imagine Anfield after losing 2 games on the bounce at home, yet alone 5...

Make that 6😂 Yep, Chelsea and Leicester suffered similar fates after winning the league. Who would've thought that the Arsenal v Liverpool fixture next month would be a midtable clash! They could still win the Champions League though but if they don't, they'll likely be playing in Round 2 of the League Cup next season!

OOF

RexGNKDinamovHNKRijekaHTFirstLeague11791
TALKSPORT.COM

Dinamo Zagreb’s manager has walked away from the club just days before the Croatian club’s Europa League clash with Tottenham – after being given a prison sentence. Zoran Mamic resigned as Di…

Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 Tottenham🤣

Mourinho is done, not just for Spurs but in top flight and European football in general. Pitiful football and easily the most embarrassing result for Spurs in the last 15 years. Imagine losing to a team who's manager has just been jailed for 4 years in this fashion!

Glad I don't have to suffer that shit on a Thursday night for a while. 

On this evidence not sure I want to watch us in the league cup, as man shitty will smash us to pieces.

Poch was sacked for what exactly?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

13 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 Tottenham🤣

Mourinho is done, not just for Spurs but in top flight and European football in general. Pitiful football and easily the most embarrassing result for Spurs in the last 15 years. Imagine losing to a team who's manager has just been jailed for 4 years in this fashion!

I can't understand how they've imploded. I suppose all eyes will point to Mourinho but something shows that they feel like they were closer this year than ever to a trophy, regardless of which one it is.

Ultimately, my view is that the depth in the squad isn't quite there. The reliance on Kane and partially Son is unreal. Rightly so in a way, but I can't think of any other team that have that reliance and conversely have the problem to find forward players that want to play second fiddle to the best partnership that the Premier League has seen since Shearer and Sutton between the years 1994 and 1996.

Changing manager for me would be a barmy decision. But i'm not a Spurs fan. And I don't hate Mourinho like others do. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Glad I don't have to suffer that shit on a Thursday night for a while. 

On this evidence not sure I want to watch us in the league cup, as man shitty will smash us to pieces.

Poch was sacked for what exactly?

Even winning the League Cup now would feel pretty meaningless unless a top 4 place can be achieved. The players seem disinterested and completely unmotivated right now and if they carry this into the final then it'll be an easy win for City especially with the form they are in. 

Not sure what happened here either

skysports-joe-hart-tottenham_5310528.jpg
WWW.SKYSPORTS.COM

Joe Hart says member of his social media team responsible for "job done" Instagram post after Europa League exit to Dinamo Zagreb on Thursday; Hart says it was human error: "As sloppy as it sounds, it's...

14 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The players seem disinterested and completely unmotivated right now and if they carry this into the final then it'll be an easy win for City especially with the form they are in. 

I think they'll win the Cup still so it will be a successful season because of that. I think 2 problems lie within Bale and Alli. Bale brings alot of baggage which i think can impact other players e.g. others feel aggrieved by his wages and potential show of non-effort, etc where as Alli looks like when it gets tough for him he can't be arsed. I also think Lloris is getting to a stage where he could be switched with another keeper although he still pulls off some worldie saves.

Top 4? Hmm, might be difficult now but still wouldn't write them off. Just like Man Utd that everyone thinks are awful, sitting pretty in 2nd.

On 3/19/2021 at 1:57 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I think they'll win the Cup still so it will be a successful season because of that. I think 2 problems lie within Bale and Alli. Bale brings alot of baggage which i think can impact other players e.g. others feel aggrieved by his wages and potential show of non-effort, etc where as Alli looks like when it gets tough for him he can't be arsed. I also think Lloris is getting to a stage where he could be switched with another keeper although he still pulls off some worldie saves.

Top 4? Hmm, might be difficult now but still wouldn't write them off. Just like Man Utd that everyone thinks are awful, sitting pretty in 2nd.

The problem with Lloris is we dont have the money to replace him yet really. I think he'll go to PSG this Summer, but as hes 34 now and in the last year of his contract iirc, we'd be lucky to get around £10m for him. Then we're linked with Pope & Henderson who would both probably cost £40m-£50m

As Poch said, we need a painful rebuild. Unfortunately, Levy didn't take notice and now we're in need of a clear out and rebuild... during a pandemic with the worst economic situation faced in football arguably ever 🙃

10 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Gareth Bale has announced he will return to Real next season. That's good news all round. 

To be fair, a lot of the quotes are being taken out of context or some words missed out.

Breaking News: Player who has 1 year loan, says he'll return to parent club after the 1 year loan... not sure why headlines are being sensationalised. 

On 3/24/2021 at 9:04 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

World Cup qualifiers started today and Turkey beat Holland 4-2 right off that bat. I can't believe the Dutch have gone to shit so much in recent years. 

This may help people start realising that we aren't the biggest failures in World football. Holland have had countless more teams than England that are phenomenal/World Class yet have only won one Euros so far.

Comprehensive result for England last night 5-0. Thought it was great to see back ups to Kane on the mark once again. I really rate Olly Watkins so great to see him notch near the end.

On 3/24/2021 at 8:02 AM, Dan94 said:

To be fair, a lot of the quotes are being taken out of context or some words missed out.

Breaking News: Player who has 1 year loan, says he'll return to parent club after the 1 year loan... not sure why headlines are being sensationalised. 

They did the same with Defoe. Both him and Bale have since had to clarify what they said. I'm so tired of having to deal with lies all the time. Both stories created by media looking for negative ways to interpret what is being said just to generate outrage and clicks. Fucks me off something chronic. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

They did the same with Defoe. Both him and Bale have since had to clarify what they said. I'm so tired of having to deal with lies all the time. Both stories created by media looking for negative ways to interpret what is being said just to generate outrage and clicks. Fucks me off something chronic. 

It sounds like he is planning to return and that's from the horses mouth though