Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

14 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

100% agree with this Phil. Its like they're trying to change how Mourinho is seen in the public eye. He really isn't that defensive at all. He's just a tactical genius imo. He's getting the best out of Spurs and the football they do play far better than most teams in many pockets when i've watched.

Funny thing is, after 11 games, we've scored more goals than in any other season since the 1960s. 

I'm no Jose lover, as you know very well, and I'd be the first to say the football is shit to watch, as that would back up my fears. But it isn't the case. He has shown a few people he's not a spent force or one trick pony, and they haven't the wit to get their heads around it. 

On Thursday on BT they spent the whole time trying to talk Winks and Deli out of the club. It's boring as fuck substandard shite and I turn the sound off when I watch the game, which makes it a lot more pleasant experience 😁 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Great win for us at Leeds yesterday, we were all over them. Hats off to Leeds though, they never seemed to think they were out of it at any point during the game. I knew there would be a lot of goals but i never thought there would be that many. I definitely recommend watching the highlights, if you missed it.

We'll move within 2 points of Liverpool if we win our game in hand, not sure how that's happened. Its defintiely been an odd start to the season.

8 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Great win for us at Leeds yesterday, we were all over them. Hats off to Leeds though, they never seemed to think they were out of it at any point during the game. I knew there would be a lot of goals but i never thought there would be that many. I definitely recommend watching the highlights, if you missed it.

We'll move within 2 points of Liverpool if we win our game in hand, not sure how that's happened. Its defintiely been an odd start to the season.

Yeah it's been an insane turnaround - seem to have gone from 15th to the top 4 in no time but also when everyone else was getting results too so it just seems crazy! Can't see Arsenal doing that though😎

20 hours ago, tronic44 said:

No one likes to see Leeds lose like that do they? 😎 Tbh, I can't deny they do play fantastically well in terms of just giving it a go regardless of the opposition which I respect a lot.

Its funny how fickle fans and journalism can be. Ole's clearly not the one to take you forward if you end up 2 points off top. Then again, Mourinho won you trophies and they still weren't happy with that....

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Football is pretty interesting right now. Every few weeks its suddenly a different team are going to win the league. I hated the days when it was dominated by a few big spenders, there's still half a dozen teams who could win the league this year at this stage and that makes it much more enjoyable.

Liverpool will win of course unless some of the other contenders can manage to get a result against them. Spurs came close, but for some poor finishing.... and I'm a bit frustrated that we're not trying to dominate teams like we can when we decide to.

But Wet Spam lost last night, so there's always that to keep me happy😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Starting to worry that we could lose Mowbray as our manager after misfiring in the last half a dozen games. We're dominating over teams, but struggling to break teams down. They get one chance and they take. Unfortunately too many fans want instant success but I don't think we're a club that can afford that so we should live in the real world that its a journey in getting back to where we'd like to be. Bradley Dack was back yesterday, as were a few returning players after injury but we need a good run to restore some faith in some fickle Blackburn fans minds that they think any other manager we could afford can do better.

18 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

There’s a lot of Mogga love in this town ❤️

Yeah but its not a pretty sight for him on social media when we can't beat bottom of the league at home!

_116278749_gettyimages-1185973972.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is named Paris St-Germain boss following Thomas Tuchel's sacking.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Frank Lampard has to be on very thin ice at Chelsea - he's doing worse having spent £200m than what they were doing when the transfer embargo was in effect. Granted, they probably aren't his transfers but they should be doing a lot better. 2 weeks ago they were title contenders and now they sit just 3 points ahead of Arsenal who were seen as relegation candidates! There was no real pressure on Lampard last year because expectations were non-existent with the club's circumstances but now they are expected to challenge for the league especially as they've spent more than all other teams combined practically. 

Frank certainly ain't a big game manager and it's shown and a lot of those players are very mediocre. 

Can't believe we have to wait 4 months for the League Cup final😅

I may try and dig out my old Samsung phone to see if I can recover pictures from the 2008 final. I had 3 Tottenham home shirts that year - one at the start plain white and then I bought a special embroidered one for the final with Keane on the back and then I went out and got a winners one with King printed! I even had a half and half one from the Villa 125th year game. That was one expensive season. Went to every game in the League cup including Burnley away the following year too but I didn't go too insane with shirts that year😎

Very disappointed we didn't beat City yesterday but it was just one of those games where we couldn't score. It doesn't happen that often now and we played quite well so i shouldn't be too disappointed but then again it is City.

Looks like i'm a Spurs fan for the final!

On 9/2/2013 at 12:57 PM, tronic44 said:

ffs, crap result for us at the weekend and it doesn't look like we're going to buy anyone this season. Although i thought we played well at Liverpool i still feel we're missing something.

Fair play to Liverpool it was a good game, even though Sturridge celebrated like he meant to score that deflected shot lol

Looks like Ozil will be going to Aresnal, would have liked to have seen him at utd but it seems we want to bring half of Everton to utd. I like Fellaini and Baines but i think we should be looking at better players. I read today Moyes says we don't need anymore players......is that, we don't need any, or no one wants to come to us. Either way i've been less than impressed with this transfer window (in terms of utd) i really hope we sign someone, i think new faces equals more competition, so will hopefully spur some people on to play harder.

Also Bale going to Madrid for 85M is the biggest joke ever, i've never wanted someone to fail so much in my life!

That kid you've bought off Atalanta back in October seems to be highly esteemed, on his way to you now!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

18 hours ago, phil bottle said:

That kid you've bought off Atalanta back in October seems to be highly esteemed, on his way to you now!

I've seen a few clips of him, he looks like he could be the next big thing. Hopefully he settles well and can get some game time in before the end of the season.

On 1/6/2021 at 6:53 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Can't believe we have to wait 4 months for the League Cup final😅

I may try and dig out my old Samsung phone to see if I can recover pictures from the 2008 final. I had 3 Tottenham home shirts that year - one at the start plain white and then I bought a special embroidered one for the final with Keane on the back and then I went out and got a winners one with King printed! I even had a half and half one from the Villa 125th year game. That was one expensive season. Went to every game in the League cup including Burnley away the following year too but I didn't go too insane with shirts that year😎

That half and half 125th edition was a thing of beauty. Didn't we snatch a draw with Kaboul getting the equiliser? 😄 

4 hours ago, Dan94 said:

That half and half 125th edition was a thing of beauty. Didn't we snatch a draw with Kaboul getting the equiliser? 😄 

That's right! From what I remember we were 4-1 down as well but the game was never over - I'd seen plenty of 7-8 goal thrillers down there over the years. We pulled it back to 3-4 and then Kaboul smashed it into the top corner right at the end after Villa failed miserably to clear. I was in Park Lane and I just saw him wrap his foot round the ball and ten the net bulging! Cracking atmosphere before and at the end but it felt like a win. Really nice kit and I wish we wore it all year. 

1 hour ago, Dan94 said:

Yeah but give Biesla credit James, they played some really good football, absolutely fearless and should be really proud...

🤣🤣🤣 Came here to post this and you already have! 🤣🤣🤣