Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

So far I enjoy it a lot...the main thing that concerns me is the whole hybrid class thing, I like a more traditional MMO where there are tanks, healers and dps...not everyone being a jack of all trades. But I think I'll grow on it lol.

Character creation is pretty danm sweet, step up from Skyrim so that's good. The tutorial area looks like shit, but it's supposed to haha, after that the game gets pretty good, amazing graphics. Quests are fun, everything is voiced (no more reading boring paragraphs from quest givers if you don't want to) and so far I enjoy the combat (melee more so than magic). Combat in other MMOs felt to mathematic, standing still and less like I was actually fighting something and more like I was adding up damage calculations to get the best dps/healing. ESo is more immersive combat and I like that.

The only other MMO's I have actually put a lot of time into are Runes of magic and Tera, so I don't really have much to compare to, but ESO beats the heck out of them so far :P

Ohh yeah the loading screens are long as fuck, not sure if that's because its still beta or not, but it sucks.

A top secret ESO Beta stream that got Bro Team banned from Twitch (apparently, you're not supposed to stream this game yet or something).

Enjoy it!

It looks pretty...bland.

Good enough for the subscription? you decide.

DM9ON.png

Madjonny, on 17 Mar 2014 - 2:55 PM, said:

Just wondering, does elder scrolls online mean no more oblivion/skyrim?

As mmos take a lot of work and constant updates and new content.

Hope not, I like the idea of ESO but I want the actual elder scroll games to keep coming out to!

I'd love to try it, but £50 game then subscription, and I already have an mmo on the go with runescape so unless I see something incredible reviews or video footage, unfortunately I don't think I'll get to try it...

blackops2sig.jpg

This game is fucked on levels

Currently, there are still 3 duplication bugs that were present in BETA back in November, that were never addressed, and have destroyed the ingame economy.

Also, here is a list of shit wrong with the game other than the dupe bugs, that really mean you should play something else.

A TLDW:
They done fucked up this game.
  1. The $20 extra for the 10th race is a money grab.

2. Huge world, but sandbox is a lie. 120+ hours of content but it doesn't matter because its all average.

3. Quests are boring.

4. Required to enter a CC before being allowed to play the $60 30day period.

5. Lots of bugs. Some bugs are gamebreaking.

6. Encounters are awfully tuned. Example: bosses drop 2 gold. Named enemies drop 1 gold. Economy is boned due to dupe glitches.

7. Horses cost 17k gold, or 42.7k gold. People who don't own collectors edition call the game a running simulator since nobody can afford horses. $20 bucks to upgrade.

8. Grouping mechanics are terrible. It breaks quests mechanics in PvE and the MMO overall is less multiplayer and more singleplayer even when you are grouped. Everyone in the group has to do the same thing individually (like 4 people to touch a button for every door in the instance) to complete the quest as a group. The game teaches you to resent players.

9. Voice acting is decent, but there are examples where the voice doesn't match the speaker (tree talks to you like hes a 20 year old yuppie who just got fired from his job).

10. Encounters are not tuned well, quests have no immersion and progression is non-existent. Daedric army translates to 4 enemies.

11. Little sense of discovery or wonder in the game. Everything feels soulless and half-assed.

12. Highly suggested to get addons due to UI failures.

13. Graphics are passable but not the impressive graphics some fanboys rave about.

14. Game does not compete well vs single player rpgs, and nor does it compare well to current subscription or free 2 play MMOs. It does however distinguish itself with action combat MMO.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

If this game was like GW" where you payed the initial fee and that was that, I'd be straight on it. With my experience in the beta and after watching hours on Twitch there's no chance of me getting it with the current monthly fee.

Wish there was a way to delete false advertising on this forum.

I hate to see shit games get traction anywhere

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Been looking onto the game recently, doesn't look like I'll get it. The beta seemed fine to me but I wasn't able to try any reall dungeon fights because I was only level 10 or so. Now that vids are out this game just doesn't seem MMO'y enough for me, the hybrid do all classes, easy dungeons and above average price made me choose not to get it.

Back to waiting for a badass MMO to come out :P