Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

People spend 120$-170$ to play call of duty for a year on xbox....between the game, membership fee and DLC if you get it. So spending over 100 bucks to play a game hasn't ever stopped people, I don't see how it will now.

Also - for me personally when I play an MMO I really don't play/buy many other games...where as with normal console games I get bored of them every few months and spend WAY over 200$ a year on them :P

Trevor, you make some solid points man.  By the time you pay for XBL, CoD, and map packs... you could be playing TES: Online.  But, like you said... when you play a game like that, you've got to be committed to it.  That's the only game you'll be playing.  I like a little variety, so don't think I could commit to spending my money on a game each month.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I played wow for years, which is also pay to play. If the quality of this comes close, it'll be well worth it. The service, despite what players will say, is phenomenal. How many other games can you think of where you can pick up a phone and call someone for help? Deleted something by mistake? Forgotten your login details? Been a victim of account theft? Been scammed? Simply grab the phone and let them sort it out.

There are Game Masters who roam the map who can help out with things, settle disputes, and they also do some magic shit which generally keeps the spirits up.

At least like that you have proper support, not like most games nowadays where you just have to wait for solutions.

I'm not saying it's worth it, but this is something to take into account.

banlol.png

I've been searching for a Runescape replacement for years now. I put in thousands of hours into that game, because not only could I play it with friends, I could enjoy much of it all by myself. If Elder Scrolls Online is accessible enough to hook me in, I will happily pay $15 per month a similar experience. 

I know a lot of people have said this won't be the case but if the first 6 or so months aren't the success that they expected to be then I don't think they'll keep the monthly fee model in the future or at least, they'll charge less. 

I definitely think the game has potential, I'm sure you get a month free with the game so that's one thing. For us console gamers, if you're not hooked by then you can sell the game on.

Loads of pay2play MMOs have changed their tune to F2P models with microtransactions, premium accounts, or other business models. Rift, Planetside 2, LOTRO, Star Wars, etc etc.

They're all still doing fairly well.

banlol.png