Trials of the Nine

GazzaGarratt

The new trials starts today, with it now being 4v4. We don't know what the specifics are yet regarding how wins work and how different it is to next week, other than we need 7 wins to gain the Trials clan reward.

As it is now linked towards the clan I think I'll give it a go this time round. If we don't win much, we don't win but as its a new mode and its got to be worth a go. Especially now that there is a Search and Destroy mode which I've found to be a good improvement on just Survival 3v3 back in D1.

Anyone want to try it? Being honest on the outset, I'm not sweaty tryharding this as I know I'm never going to be the best but we could win something for the clan that excites me.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Trials Titan Gear from engrams

DJyLsxJXkAIw0pv.jpg

Warlock Trials Gear from engrams

DJyNF18VoAAanpl.jpg

I actually have been struggling to like any Armour that has dropped so far. The Titan gear is the first time i've thought 'I want that set'. Looks quite like For Honor armour actually.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Trials Titan Gear from engrams

DJyLsxJXkAIw0pv.jpg

Warlock Trials Gear from engrams

DJyNF18VoAAanpl.jpg

I actually have been struggling to like any Armour that has dropped so far. The Titan gear is the first time i've thought 'I want that set'. Looks quite like For Honor armour actually.

No hunter gear I see 

2 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

Probably around 2-3 my time. Can play about hour and a half 

Okay mate, let's see if we can do that then.

1 minute ago, TigerBurge said:

No hunter gear I see 

Wasn't on purpose, honest :D Geniunely though, I found the two pictures on Twitter so if I find Hunter gear, i'll post it.

On 16/09/2017 at 11:38 AM, TigerBurge said:

Probably around 2-3 my time. Can play about hour and a half 

Sorry Chris, if you don't mind I'm going to try and help out finish the boss on the raid so we can all get the clan engram before tomorrow. If it doesn't pan out I'll jump in but I also know there's quite a few that will try it out

2 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Wow, I got a legendary sidearm with a whooping level 15 from the Trials engram!! Bugged much?

No. That's what they are doing. Still gives you the weapons and armor even though you didn't play trials. Think the raid stuff will be the same. Still a free weapon and from what I've heard they are really good 

10 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

No. That's what they are doing. Still gives you the weapons and armor even though you didn't play trials. Think the raid stuff will be the same. Still a free weapon and from what I've heard they are really good 

This exactly. The AR apparently wrecks everything in PvP. Pretty much all trials guns are pretty epic.

Plus the gear sets are probably the best sets you can get in the game tbh.

Everytime I tried this we struggled as a team and continued to be rolled over by other teams. Mida and Nameless Midnight Scout Rifle rule with Uriels Gift followed after.

The trials Auto Rifle is apparently even better than those so hopefully some dropped thst pretty special gun? I got the Sniper Rifle, cheers Rob [emoji106]

Stayed up late to try and get the 7 wins for the clan. After getting dicked on for most of the night, @Amnotright, @Misneach_ and Jesse (Cryo) managed 4 wins.

Its filled with Midas everywhere. There was another Scout, 'Tone' something? that was wrecking us in a few games too. The most common tactic that worked for us and other teams was 3 going to the crossfire section between Temple and Keyhole whilst 1 goes around the back of the opposition.

Trails was horrible this weekend, took me forever to get the one win just to get the drop (got the auto rifle, not sure it's any good at all). Bungie seem not to have done anything to try and fix trials to make it fun for more, just get rolled by sweaty clans every time  

The AR is probably the best Trials gun out of the lot. You should use for PvP and trials.

Tried Trails for the first time tonight. I enjoyed it! More so then the regular old quick play. When I went to the place to spend the tokens (forget the name), I thought it was weird. Why not just one vendor? Hm.

Ended up getting the sniper, shotgun, side arm, scout rifle, auto rifle, hand cannon, warlock bond and the pulse rifle from Hawthorne.

Going to try them all out and report back! Excited to try the auto rifle. Hear good things about it.

Via the FG App