Things I've Learn't About Minecraft

Plumbers Crack

Well, I've hit a blank about what to do next on the multiplayer, bought the PS4 version second hand and, on the spur of the moment, started a single player game on the PC. So, here are some thoughts, in no particular order, on things I've learnt and some early conclusions.....

If you play on a laptop with integrated graphics it will lag like a mother. Take a break shut MC down and let the machine get it's breath back. Lag also occurs the more frequently you warp

Bart gave us a (much appreciated by us noobs) a really easy start with the diamond chest freebies and free food. SP survival mode for the first time is a bit different!

Creepers blowing up will kill you and leave a big hole in the ground

Minecraft is addictive

Going from heavily armoured in MP to starting in single player, remember you don't have armour!!!!

Always, always, always mine coal for the XP

Once you're secure in SP, mine your ass down to L12  asap as that's where there's more iron ore and shiny stuff but pay attention to the minimap

F7 is your friend

Torches are your friend

Minecraft is addictive

If you have the ring that gives you water etc be careful...if you've been underwater and surface make sure you come down fully to ground level or you will be kicked for flying

AFK farming will upset the server admin ;) sorry Bart

Find animals, pen animals, breed animals, kill animals, cook and eat dead animals

Grow barley, grind on the crafting table and make bread in the furnace...easy peasy

Minecraft is addictive

Minecraft on the PS4 after playing on the PC sucks big time

Villager trading can be very lucrative if you find the right villager and work out how to refresh the inventory - I'm a emc multimillionaire thanks to this! :)

Redstone mechanisation is fun but frustrating...anyone watching a YT video then trying it will realise why they do it in creative mode!

Bee breeding is difficult but absorbing

Minecraft is addictive

Tunnelling is a great way to while away a few hours

Going back to a bucket in SP after having the "water ring" (can't remember it's name) in MP is a right pain in the arse

With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I hadn't discovered the energy convertor and collector as early as I did. Don't get me wrong I think the convertor is a great idea but coupling them to energy collectors for freebies is a bit cheesy. Why do it then?...because I can.

I'll update this as and when I think of other things

oh, and did I mention that Minecraft is addictive

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

• Barley and Wheat behave the same way, so grow whatever seeds you have
  • Level 12 for iron is unnecessary. Level 12 is Diamond country. Iron spawns between levels 128 and level 4 I want to say. With larger amounts being found in Hills, Extreme Hills and I think crags
  • Coal is great for XP, but also burn logs for Charcoal. The XP you get from charcoal is only slightly less than from Coal, but it is far easier to get in abundance early on
  • Yes the condensor and collector are cheesy

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

If you're looking for things to do - have a go at building the medieval castle from the book? Have you killed the 'bosses' of MC? Especially the Dragon then you can end raiding and find some shulker boxes, see if you can find an Elytra etc.

This is my first multiplayer MC so all the single player stuff is still in my head - I still run away scared from creepers, I still look for the hole in the ground etc. :) 

If you get an enchanted sword that set mobs on fire (Fire Aspect?) if you kill an animal with it, it will dropped cooked meat rather than raw.

Regarding the water thing - if you fire it in to the sky it will start raining and the lava version will stop it raining.  Also don't fire the lava one in to the sea - you will create massive holes which take considerable time to re-fill with water.

Energy Condensor - I'm not sure they are cheesy - well no more cheesy than other options.  By the time you have the resources spare to build them if it was vanilla, especially single player vanilla, you could be building the different types of farms which amount to the same thing.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Didn't know that about wheat, I thought it was a 3 step process as oppossed to the 2 step for barley.

Didn't realise you got xp from charcoal either. You also get xp from redstone

I prefer L12 because if you're going to mine you might as well try for diamonds, emeralds, lapis and redstone as well as iron. The sooner you get diamonds, the easier it becomes with diamond armour etc as we found out from the start of MP

@Greboth   I'll have to look into the bosses, I hadn't thought of that. The castle is a bit meh actually

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

You get XP from pretty much everything you mine thats not some sort of stone.

you also get XP from everything you cook in a furnace

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm glad you've been enjoying it Dave. What I see from having the FG server is that I would rather have this ability to start with stuff and have teammates about rather than start from scratch on Single Player.

Without derailing this thread too much - SP and MP can be the same or offer different experiences.  I have an SP world which I'm deliberately not playing in the same way as MP.  Due to server load it isn't possible to build the 10,15, 20 or more farms required to automate everything so I'm keeping that to SP while enjoying MP for everything else.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png