FG Minecraft Server

The3rdWalker

I don't really know - I looked on ebay but some of the things said on the few I looked at made me question them.  Checked Amazon and it is the same price as direct from Mojang so thinking I might just get it from Mojang.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

6 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I don't really know - I looked on ebay but some of the things said on the few I looked at made me question them.  Checked Amazon and it is the same price as direct from Mojang so thinking I might just get it from Mojang.

Haha cool, i'm in the same boat then, except i'll get mine from Amazon.

post up your questions and I will try to answer them here as fast as possible

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Whooooo our own personal minecraft wiki :D The only question I have so far; is there a way to have a crafting menu like on consoles? For example, on console you simply select a door and you craft it rather than having to remember that you need to put planks in 2 x 3 grid to craft a door.

Right, so the donate button is back up and pointing to a PayPal account for FG. If you guys want to add donations into that I can share the total and if possible set a server up for the whole year, so we know there is longevity in we're doing. Once there is enough in there to get started I'll tell Bart so he can kick off the servers and the rest as he knows what he's doing.

So whatever you guys were going to donate just stick it in there with a note to say its for Minecraft (or PM if easier when its there). @Sennex @Greboth @crispymorgan @tronic44 @PlasticGaming @phil bottle @Bluebear @BO7H B4RRELS

Any questions, just shout.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Server is paid for, waiting for the final approval from our host now.

In the meantime, I will be putting together a zip file of the mods and things in order to get it to you all, and seeing if I can just throw it up on Curse. If I can't then I will toss it up on Google Drive, and you all can download it when you are ready.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Cool, I look forward to it.  Thank you for sorting it all out and answering my nooby questions @Sennex, I'm sure there will be more to come :lol:

I was messing around on single player and hit some luck, world spawn was right next to a village so plenty of carrots and wheat for me :D

Update:

Server is built locally, which means, that the backbone is working on my end. Sadly this isn't a direct Copy/Paste over to the hosting site. I have to run it and tweak it as I go to get it up and running. 

The modpack is started on Curse, but I need to verify it works 100% with the server right now, before I post it up for you all to download.

I will try to give updates every little bit.

So this might be the smoothest setup ever for me. Normally this takes hours, occasionally days....

I am playing in the world now. Locally that is (Which means it is all housed on my PC.)

The server appears to be solid so far. I don't see any glaring bugs, and I did end  tweaking this shit out of many config settings, which you all don't care about.

Just as soon as Paypal and GG sync up, I can start the migration there. Which means upload the files, and activate them for use.

Once I finish testing this out, I will post it up to curse for you all. Which is a whole other ball of wax

I fucking hate twitch so much.

I am creating a modpack on Twitch/ Curse right now.

If you dont want to use this method of getting the modpack, let me know

File is uploaded on Twitch, anyone want to be a guinea pig for the download and install?

It is listed as Forever Gaming, under the ModPacks section

NVM, it is also waiting for Moderator approval

Link, once it gets approved

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/forever-gaming

I can also upload this whole thing to Google, if you all want to check it out now. 

I can try it later or over the weekend once it's approved.

Do I need to do anything else or just download it and install it? Like be running a specific version of Minecraft or whatever.

So Curse is being a bunch of Twats and they want me to jump through a bunch of dumb hoops in order to be a Mod Pack Author. Fuck that. I am going to post everything up to Google Drive, and you all can Download it when you want. I will Zip everything together and as long as you have the Mojangg Minecraft launcher, which is the official one, then you can run what I am putting together.

Edit:

Here is the link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0HHyg47WsFEdnd3REJ6UW92eTg?usp=sharing

Grab both the files

Forge 1.7.10 and ForeverGaming.zip

Downloaded and installed and everything seems to be working fine.  Though I have a couple of questions;

1. Does Ovus rustic redemption in the resource packs folder need to be unzipped? As jstr universal is already in the FG zip file but the ovus zip isn't

2. I quickly launched in to a survival to check everything works.  I get all the names of things, whether I can mine it etc so assuming everything is fine.  Though when I go in to my inventory I have everything, every block, weapon, item etc all selectable on the right hand side.  I assume this is one of the mods but can it be disabled? or is it just a case if its there just don't use it.

Just a couple of things from me.

1) ìf everyone who was interested can contribute over the next week we can then work out how long the server can be supported for. Based on the 1 donation so far everything could get started which was great, thanks for that.

2) I'll be looking to get it on my laptop. Can we have a simple shopping list of what I or anyone else needs to get? Just so I can buy/download the right things. I can then contribute to the cause once I know the total outlay.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

@GazzaGarratt Just Minecraft as far as I know.  You can get cheaper ones on ebay but from as per Sennex's advice I got it directly from Mojang for £18.  If you go on their site it directs you to the official minecraft site to buy it.  Then just download the 2 files Sennex posted, install Forge and then install the mods.  I followed this guide: http://minemum.com/installing-mods

I was writimg a guide up for you all, but it was late so i crashed. I will try to fimish it this morning

Via the FG App