FG Minecraft Server

The3rdWalker

6 minutes ago, Greboth said:

All sounds good to me.  I played a few hours on ps4 too as it's been so long I can barely remember the basics.

One question about the server; when we connect to it we will all spawn in the same place? I'm just thinking it is fun to explore on your own but we could build a communal settlement.

We will all spawn in the same spot. Typically I sign in before others do, and make sure the spawn location is safe, and then build some stuff around it for others.

I am ALL about communal projects. I like to have a nice spawn location, with some houses for folks, as well as roads, and food to get everything started. My typical playstyle is farm building, and road/ tunnel/ Rail building.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

That is good to know, I'm happy to join day 1 too though as I enjoy the building side.  Going from a simple dirt hut from night 1 to bigger, grander and better defended houses.  Though my design side is a bit lacking as I find it hard to make something look nice out of blocks.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Textures and depth are all you need to make things look better than dirt.

All buildings have different textures, so make a patter out of blocks, and then add in different blocks. Add Depth by making things multiple blocks deep.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I have off for the rest of the week, so if you all want to do this, now is the perfect time

Witchery adds stuff like this:

UduZtOb.png

Recurrent Complex adds stuff like this:

c6sGzVA.png

Sometimes they spawn next to each other like here:

H2K94jM.png

I need to tweak Witchery settings. Forts are spawning all over the damned place

Let's give this a go then! Bart, I'll chat to you about getting the account sorted.

Thanks to you all offering funds, once I know what the idea is regarding how far your donations are going to support the server.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Lee and i talked, and will talk more tomorrow about this

Via the FG App

I love creating mental structures and can't stand things being out of place or wonky, so I'm probably going to fall in love with this whilst going crazy at the same time.

Really looking forward to getting a load of us on, I don't mind even starting with nothing and building things from scratch.

Omg I can finally make the tree house that I always wanted to on the console!

I've got a hectic week or 2 but then have some time off so, if we have set up by then, I'll have loads of time to put in to it.

So, where do we get it all from? I looked on Mojang site but I presume this will be for the latest version and it was suggested running 7.10 (or was it 10.7?).  Though I (again) presume that if I buy it off Mojang site I can log in to any version.

Mods/textures etc. some of this needs to be client side so where does that come from?

Ps sorry for all the questions

pps sorry not sorry :lol: 

Yea, when i come across broken villages i either level them or fix them

Via the FG App

What made you all think we were not doing survival?

Did I miss a post somewhere?

oh hell yea, survival all the way

whats the point otherwise?

That being said, I do turn off creeper and enderman griefing. The difficulty level will be normal though, so you will need food and armor

Definitely survival because if i know this site we'll end up killing each other.......Greboth :lol:

I'm also interested to know how this all works with setting it up, do we just need to buy the standard version then buy the mod pack? I've just been playing a 7 Days To Die mod, that was pretty easy to set up. I imagine it'll basically be the same in creating a copy of the main game, then copying the mod into that and running the launcher from there?

mods are free

So you just need the launcher, Forge mod, and then the mods I package into a zip file and share with you all

when the time comes, I can either remote into your PC and set it all up (This is what I do for Tommy, his friends, and a few others), or you can do it with some instruction from me

By the end of all this, you will have a handle on how to mod it yourself and what not

19 minutes ago, Sennex said:

mods are free

So you just need the launcher, Forge mod, and then the mods I package into a zip file and share with you all

when the time comes, I can either remote into your PC and set it all up (This is what I do for Tommy, his friends, and a few others), or you can do it with some instruction from me

By the end of all this, you will have a handle on how to mod it yourself and what not

I'd like to learn how to do it, so i'll definitely take you up on that. Thanks :) 

For some reason i thought this one cost something, always good to hear.

I might see about actually making a curse modpack, which would do the heavy lifting for all of us. I have no idea how to do that though, so I will ahve to look into it

46 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Definitely survival because if i know this site we'll end up killing each other.......Greboth :lol:

I'm also interested to know how this all works with setting it up, do we just need to buy the standard version then buy the mod pack? I've just been playing a 7 Days To Die mod, that was pretty easy to set up. I imagine it'll basically be the same in creating a copy of the main game, then copying the mod into that and running the launcher from there?

It's only in GTA that I may have killed certain people repeatedly! Which may or may not be related to GTA is the only game you can kill your friends :lol:  It is something I didn't actually think about in Minecraft but now you've mentioned it ;)

So with the installing, I'm fine buying and installing the base/standard game while we are still sorting out the server and mods?  As I don't think it will be that different from console but would like to have some time to get used to using a mouse and keyboard.

57 minutes ago, Greboth said:

It is something I didn't actually think about in Minecraft but now you've mentioned it ;)

Ahh shit :lol:

Edit: Also where you getting your copy from?