Far Cry 5

J4MES OX4D

FC 4 was fun for a while, but it got boring and annoying after the 20th stronghold. I honestly don't know anyone that finished the game, I know I didn't.

The story was also a little annoying. You either side with a chick that wants to sell drugs and use the money to make the country better, or you side with a religious fanatic that wants to kill everyone and then make the country better. 

Honestly the best part of the game was waiting the 15 minutes at the very beginning of it to get the surprise ending.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

On 04/03/2018 at 12:33 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Some new gameplay here too

Still on the fence about this one. 

Yeah, I see what you mean. It didn't jump out and grab me. Not that it wasn't bad but the gameplay doesn't look exciting. They need a few killer enhancements to make you stick with the game. Co-op on this I dont think cuts it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Map editor info

Seems that the co-op, although the whole campaign can be played in this mode; only the host's story progress saves although the second user still retains any unlocks and looted items. Map editor could be fun if it's crammed of assets and creative tools. 

22 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I've just ordered the gold edition from Amazon. As I'm a prime member I get it for £57. Good value considering I'll get FC3 as well.

FC3 is probably worth most of that as it's awesome. Really can't see myself buying it at full whack so I'll be interested in your first impressions.

I'm gonna grab it on release I think. Got a bit of money in my Steam wallet and I will probably have finished KCD by then. There isn't much out right now either and hopefully FC5 will keep me entertained for a bit at least. Still not 100% sold on the game but it does seem a good package overall and if it's fun like Far Cry 3, I'll be more than satisfied. 

Picking up the Gold edition for this one.

Honestly Primal never interested me and FC4 was boring as fuck.

This one's got  the ability to undertake the campaign in co-op, no minimap, no view point-esque towers, extensive UGC tools, creative DLC ideas (for Far Cry), AND Far Cry 3.

Already a massive step-up from previous titles and it has me legitimately excited for it. Something I haven't felt since FC3. 

1 hour ago, RLPK said:

Picking up the Gold edition for this one.

Honestly Primal never interested me and FC4 was boring as fuck.

This one's got  the ability to undertake the campaign in co-op, no minimap, no view point-esque towers, extensive UGC tools, creative DLC ideas (for Far Cry), AND Far Cry 3.

I bought the standard edition but this is one package where I may very well get the season pass soon after launch as the game looks like it's packing some serious worthwhile content on the side from the main game. 

4 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I bought the standard edition but this is one package where I may very well get the season pass soon after launch as the game looks like it's packing some serious worthwhile content on the side from the main game. 

That was exactly my reasoning for it, even if it turns out that the campaign is lackluster, you can never beat the feeling of you and your pal taking on the world.

Co-Op has never technically made anything worse, in my book.

There is a lot in this game that even some people are worried there may be "too much".

I shall be playing this tomorrow. Reviews seem fairly positive so far but there isn't much of a story sadly. As long as the game is pure fun though, that's all that matters for me and I'm really looking forward to the editor. Wasn't expecting much from this package but it looks like it could be very enjoyable despite not being anything drastically revolutionary. 

I still don't know why I'm not even pulled to this game in the slightest. The game initially to me doesn't look significantly different to Far Cry 4 and as I was bored of that quickly maybe it's that, that keeps me at a distance from it. Looking forward to all your first impressions. 

Far Cry 1 was absolutely epic, but then it was made by Crytek, the same people behind Crysis 1 too, one of my all time favourite games. Far Cry 2 was also good, I liked it more than most because of the setting and the fact that many of the enemies actually spoke Afrikaans. That's the only game I've ever seen where it's showed up. Another favourite gimmick of mine was the pickup mounted machine gun, that thing sounded like proper hellfire when fired, although the guns generally sounded good in that game. Far Cry 3 was great, Vaas was a game changer in terms of psycho bad guys. Never really bothered with 4 although I'm sure I've got it in the drawer here somewhere. I can't see myself buying 5 any time soon.

banlol.png

I've managed to get in a few hours today and it's exactly what I was expecting; good fun with a disappointing story and generic, repetitive filler missions. It feels like it's 5% story and 95% side missions in an open world sandbox with the gameplay plastered all over it rather than having a story carefully crafted within the world where secondary missions play second fiddle. Far Cry 3 balanced this well and was perfectly paced. I remember Ubisoft saying a few years ago they wanted to move away from story-based games and focus more on online worlds - so why the fuck do they keep making games like this? The story could have been intriguing if they actually bothered expanding it and gave characters some meaning - the nameless character you play doesn't even talk for fuck sake and everyone else is largely forgettable.

I will definitely get plenty of hours out of it and I wasn't expecting much in all honesty but this is such a step back from the likes of Far Cry 3. If you're not a fan of the series or didn't enjoy the likes of 4 and Primal; you will not enjoy this one. This game looks and feels like a last gen game too. Looking forward to the editor though. 

Played a bit more today and the vehicles are great entertainment I must admit. Had some great fun in the plane and also discovered the flame thrower also. Almost echoes of Far Cry 3 at times but without the story to back it up. There's been a few highly entertaining missions I've come across also but there's still quite a lot that are bland and repetitive. Hopefully the game maintains this level of enjoyment and I'll be able to get through it without getting tired with it.