Forum Suggested Improvements / Enhancements

Tried to fix Tapatalk link last night but my noobness at this stuff past 1am is killing me. Apologies for the delay - as I'm going on a plane to Spain for 2 weeks it'll probably be didds fixing it before i get back. :)

I've had a dabble but Tapatalk seems fucked, so I've sent them a support ticket. 

Also, kudos to Lee for the changes he's made, the site is getting better all the time! Great work as always my friend :)

banlol.png

Just an update, I haven't heard from Tapatalk yet, I don't know if they respond to tickets on weekends or not but I'll get on them tomorrow again if they haven't responded by then.

banlol.png

I can't see these when I'm in the Unread Content section...I only see these on the home page. I would like to be able to mark thread update notification that I don't want to read as "read" without having to navigate back to the home page, if that makes sense

On 12 August 2016 at 1:32 PM, cyberninja2601 said:

Just click on the "double speech" bubble on the left. It should appear blue when there are unread messages in the thread

This may already be about and I just haven't seen it.....

A method of marking items as "read" in the Unread Content section without actually opening the thread in question 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Loving the upcoming event section, is it possible for us to be able to post messages in there as well? There's a comment section but there doesn't seem to be any way to leave one, unless i'm blind.....i'm probably blind.

13 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Loving the upcoming event section, is it possible for us to be able to post messages in there as well? There's a comment section but there doesn't seem to be any way to leave one, unless i'm blind.....i'm probably blind.

No Rich, you're not blind  (others might contest that) as Sam asked about this too. The settings have been turned on for comments but I think its because of the permissions. Weird though, cos I'm sure they're okay aswell?! May have to get Didds to look at it as I can only change stuff from my mobile whilst I'm away.

Glad you like it though! I think we could use it really well going forward and especially once we have the feed to your phone sorted 👌

If anyone wants to create new events just try it out - just bear in mind you have to create the event, then edit it to get the RSVP system working.

When I'm home I'll look for an upgrade also to stop showing older events as the test one is still there (probably for reviews?).

Calendar now has Beta dates in there for Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1. You can say you're attending and also follow the calendar stream so you can get all updates - we should add all of these betas on here so we don't miss them. Once we get an update to get a proper feed to your mobile calendar sorted the Follow link and RSVP system should work pretty well. Hope this is a little help to your busy gaming lives!

There's a small update which is reported to fix some of the bugs, I'll be rolling it out tomorrow so there may be a bit of downtime but don't worry about it. I'm also still trying to get to the bottom of the Tapatalk issue but their tech support are agonisingly slow so please bear with me.

banlol.png

1 hour ago, Capn_Underpants said:

I just did a shit ton of pinning of popular threads and unpinning of year old/no activity threads.

Also, any thoughts on possible sub forums for FIFA and Rocket League in the Sports (gaming) section?

I don't think we do enough with Rocket League for its own sub. FIFA though, the Brits would weigh in on that.

I also really want a clean, darker theme with our logo showing.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

15 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

I don't think we do enough with Rocket League for its own sub. FIFA though, the Brits would weigh in on that.

I also really want a clean, darker theme with our logo showing.

Only mentioned Rocket League because if you look at the Sports forum, it looks kinda split with FIFA and RL threads with the odd 'other sport'.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

I'm really open to have whatever we like in each forum. Whilst we could talk a lot we may not have many separate threads for FIFA as it shows.

I think if we're trying this little mini league still for Rocket League we can give it a go, even if its just for housekeeping.

And number 1 on the list sounds like the darker theme. I have found one but it needs tweaking and seemed to take the forum down for a small period of time too.

The logo needs to go on, absolutely. Just need to resize and tweak with options to get it nicely fit.

I'll have a look at these when I'm back from hols.

Oh, and Pat, I can still look for a spell checker if you wish?

Definitely agree on the theme!

If enough of us get FIFA then it could well need it's own sub forum but Rocket League does sound like a bit of a push. I say wait till FIFA comes out and we can have a look about how much is being posted.

I'm off this weekend and Monday, Kyla's working Monday too so I'll use that time to sort out a new theme and do the logo again. I think the white theme is great to have as an option but we also need something dark. I'll have a mooch around, a theme is like $30 or something so nothing really (there are free ones but I want support and no ads). 

banlol.png